The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Material for dice stacking table? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
I have a School for Scoundrels Table that has warped due to the fact that the dice stacking laminate was only applied to one side and left a unbalanced panel that warped. My first thought is to build a new panel correctly, (balanced) but have no idea what is a good material for the surface. My other option is to build a metal frame and I don't think that will give me a nice flat surface.
Any help would be appreciated.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
My dice stacking "board" is simply hardboard with formica glued on top. I put a small wooden frame around the outside. The board area is the same size as a close-up mat. That way I can perform on the mat, lift it and perform dice stacking. Another alternative would be to have the pad on one side of the board and the formica on the other.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Dice stacking also works well on the smooth metal covered hot dish pads (large) used in the kitchen for hot pans on counters and tables.

Believe it or not, in the 70s it is the only thing I ever saw used for that.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I cannot remember the name of the Dick Stacking sheets recommended by Mike Rogers. I bought a sheet at the local Industrial Trade Show company here in town. I was a brown material laminated between smooth material. I believe the name started with a "B", it has been a long time. I don't know if Rogers' mentions it on his DVD on trade shows or not, as a friend told me the source, he worked for the Trade Show company. I was really great material, not marking left and did not burn or damage the lip of the cup.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Material for dice stacking table? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL