The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » World's Most Dangerous Card Trick! (78 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
That is a good use of the Abbott's Daring Spring Trap. The one you have(in the demo) is the older Victor trap and is a bit bigger than the type they sell now. Im not sure how well the deck would fit in the spring trap Abbott's sells now. I have used spring traps in my street show for sometime(20 plus years) and no matter what you do the minute you pull them out all eyes are on them. Its a great prop but you should never take your eyes off them once they are loaded!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Quote:
On May 19, 2015, itsmagic wrote:
Can we just buy the dvd if we already have the traps?

If you have a trap and still like to perform my routine you can buy the DVD on it own.
Just send me an email mario@hotmail.co.uk
The trap I sell with the dvd these days is the new trap. This is the same size as the trap I use in the video clip.
Perfect for this routine, thanks.
SugarRayRick
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of SugarRayRick
[/quote]

I have used it casually lately, yes. Used it in a show for the first time the other day.

It's really easy to master, a few days rehearsal and you should have it down proper. Took me a few hours to get over the initial fear of it being a trap but the more you are with it the more safe you see the workings actually are.

I'm going to start busking here in less than a week, it's for certain my closer Smile [/quote]

Have you done any more busking since last time you posted, and how has this effect been working for you?

Regards

Rich
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I have, went out just last night keeping it as my closer. Works very well!
David95
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of David95
Are all the traps chrome plated? That makes it look, to me, like a magic prop instead of a real trap. Have you had any comments from spectators about this? I could be worrying about something that is not a problem.
Thanks,
David
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi David, on both counts no. As for the spectators by the time I am through they know it not a magic prop!
We can plate them to order!
All the best.
Mario
zentao
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zentao
Hi Mario,

I really like the look of this, I'm just wondering on the re-set of this and practical side of things when taking it to the street.

On the demo video the whole pack of cards, except for the chosen one, go flying. How do you handle this when you're performing outdoors?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I'm still out and about using this.

I perform in front of Cesar's Palace with this, goes down well.

Reset, easy, The way you pluck the card out matters, if any cards go flying it's almost always in front of you, if anything you might have less than half the deck fall to the ground. To be honest, you kind of have to try to get the cards to fly out, which I prefer because it makes it appear as if I had to really try. Otherwise it's a neat deck trapped in a trap.

Yeah my cards fall down, because I choose for them to, it takes seconds to clean up and after I hat I just reach down and pick it up, it's not like a scattered mess.

Very practical for reset. One of my best purchases in years.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Used it again tonight, no dropping cards tonight.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I noticed it's a good way to build a crowd as well, I put a card or card box in my mouth and hover semi close above it, when I see I get maybe a person stop and turned I put the card/box in the trap and go over to hand them a sharpie (Will Stelfox method).
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Way to go Mario! I wish you well as you journey across The U.S.A.!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi All,
Thanks for all your feedback, I am glad to hear so many have got so much mileage with the World's Most Dangerous Card Trick effect.
The old store has now been shutdown, We have moved the effect hear as we are building up the School of Busking website.
http://www.schoolofbusking.com/shop-demo/
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
I'm hoping this is a silly question.
But is it safe? I don't mind getting the wrong card, but I don't fancy losing my fingers.
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Safe? Well you could get a paper cut. Smile
I added it to my show back in June, I've done it 50 plus times, I feel it's safe and I do it legitimately blindfolded. If you follow Mario's instruction on the DVD, you won't lose a finger.
~Gavin
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Well said Gavin and thanks for sharing.
We are reciving great reports about The Worlds Most Dangerous Card Trick.
You can now read the feed back and reports from Magicians who now perform this effect.
https://www.schoolofbusking.com/the-worl......trick-2/
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Playing with the World's Most Dangerous Card Trick on a cold windy day, loads of fun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSV9jCGSdGQ
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I thought that trap looked familiar, had the Daring Spring Trap back in the 1970's, bought it from Abbott's magic. It is a real trap, and not gimmicked in any way. It took me a year to get up the guts to put my hand in it. Never came up with a routine, did not think just the hand I trap was much of a presentation for it. These can be purchased at any store that supplies small animal traps. Careful, the catch is really sensitive.

http://www.abbottmagic.com/Abbotts-Darin......oryId=-1

Click here to view attached image.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
The Worlds Most Dangerous Card trick - the trap we supply has been altered to take away the excessive force.
Each one has been prepared and tested. It also comes with a DVD that will teach you how to perform this both with blindfold and without.
https://www.schoolofbusking.com/the-worl......trick-2/
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Mario when will more be in stock?
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
We will have The Worlds Most Dangerous Card trick back in stock very soon.
You can register your interest on the link below and you will be the first to be notified once we have it back in stock.
Just click on "Notify me when it's back in stock" through the link below.
https://www.schoolofbusking.com/shop/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » World's Most Dangerous Card Trick! (78 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL