The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Interested in Wallets but where to begin? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Anyone know of any books, websites, posts on here or elsewhere that gives like a complete beginners guide to wallets? And what they do and what all the different features mean?

I am just trying to learn the basics about them but seems hard to find general basic beginners Info..

Or even reviews or comparisons between different wallets etc..

Thanks!
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Thanks..
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Did you buy it?
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Sent him a pm that I wanted it. Waiting to hear back from him.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8495 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
If what you're asking about is effects that can be done, etc. --- THE HIMBER WALLET BOOK.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Thanks Harry.. Will check that book out too.. But the Card to Wallet Book sounds exactly what I was looking for
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3918 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
This is a great thread. Maybe someone will take this on and give you a complete breakdown of all the wallets available. This is such a difficult topic because there are so many wallets that do different things. Also, there are some wallets that pack a lot of different things into one wallet while others are very simple and focus just on one type of magic. I personally prefer the simpler wallets. My idea is pick a few of your favorite effects and perform them.

My suggestion is you think about what sort of magic you want to do with a wallet (Prediction, card to wallet, impression device use, etc). Then, compare those wallets.

On a personal note, I can just say that my two favorite wallets are The Webber Wallet and the Informant Wallet. Here are the three "wallet" related things I use most:

Webber Wallet - Simple and devious wallet for many routines. His any card at the amount of money in his wallet is awesome.
Informant - I use this as a business card wallet. It is one of the best peek wallets ever.
Wallet Transformer - Not a wallet, but a card to wallet effect by Cameron Francis that uses your everyday regular wallet. I prefer this for card to wallet because then I have a wonderful magic weapon at my disposal at any time and I don't have to worry about wearing out a $100 wallet for every day use.

All the best,

KJ
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Thanks 1K.. Appreciate your Info and the wallets you like.. Yea I wish someone could do what you suggested..
Javier
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Javier
I like very much the Dani Da Ortiz's multi effect wallet. I think it has a great design, is a long-life item (with the appropriate cares, of course, you can't use it everyday as a regular wallet) and with a lot of capabilities.
I'm not sure wether it is out of stock or not, but you shall find the wallet and a DVD about it at www.grupokaps.com
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Here's a pretty good article but a bit dated and by no means comprehensive, but this should get you started with what-is-what when it comes to wallet basics.
http://magicref.tripod.com/magref/artwallet.htm
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Thank you..
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
942 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
Kabbalah, I tried your link and it gave me an error. Was it to a page with a general primer on wallets? There are so many and most are proprietary that it would surprise me to find such a primer. As to the O.P. start with a Himber Wallet and work from there. You can often find lecturer's that are selling wallets and that is a good way to see one live and in action before purchasing. For Card to Wallet, everyone has their own favorite wallet, or rather one they prefer over others, so it depends on what you are looking for. As to mentalists wallets, there are several that do different things and some you can make yourself.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
MRSharpe, the link was to a book for sale here on the Café. It is dead now because the book was sold...I believe to Kuroth.
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Yes. great book.. Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Interested in Wallets but where to begin? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL