The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bandwidth by Gregory Wilson (finally!) (72 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Not sure if the gimmick is a retractable type, or not. I would hope so as I would have difficulty ditching it. Lol. Now if it operated similar to the Raven, that would be awesome.

Yes- from the demo's I watched it's retractable.

Gotta love Gregory's effects. One of the best at sleight of hand magic on top of a great presenter.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
I remember Greg performing this a few years back at a magic club I was at.

It is one of those great effects that make you smile when you see it.
MarcusC
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of MarcusC
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2015, barts185 wrote:
This looks nice.

Some questions:

1) Are gimmicks included to do the flattening effect shown at around 1:00 in the trailer?

2) For the stretching effect, will I need different gimmicks for gold vs. silver, or are they on opposite sides of the same gimmick?

3) Are handlings taught for when you don't have an untucked shirt?

4) What are the angle restrictions? I'm presuming that there's a lot of cover in the front, but that behind you might be an issue (or possibly not if you are doing this with a jacket and there's handling for it under the jacket instead of in a t-shirt). Or, at the very least, that they might see something moving that you don't want them to see from the back.

1) Yes

2) Opposite sides, both colors are covered.

3) Yes - Get a jacket Smile

4) Make sure no one is lying on the floor looking up at you and you're golden.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Thanks for the answers to my questions. Definitely on my short list.
MarcusC
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of MarcusC
Happy to help. Smile

Just got word that the following shops (and most likely a few more) have it up for pre-order already:

Pegani
Hocus Pocus
SO Magic
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Sure, I can vouch for this trick. Seen Greg perform this for lots of people (including Copperfield) and it always goes over well.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2015, Marcus Christiansen wrote:
Happy to help. Smile

Just got word that the following shops (and most likely a few more) have it up for pre-order already:

Pegani
Hocus Pocus
SO Magic

And the advantages for preordering this are, exactly?
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
The advantage in preordering this that Greg Wilson has been selling this at his lectures for some time and those who have seen it and bought it can tell you how good it is. I purchased it from Greg when he lectured locally and what you see is what you get. If you like what you see in the promo, you will not be disappointed. The trick is worker, it is technically not difficult to perform, it is very visual and the reset takes about as long as it takes you to go to your pocket. If you already do any finger ring magic, I imagine you could fit this right in.

Oh and it's Greg Wilson who put this out so you can be fairly certain that the kinks have been worked out and you won't have to go out on a Lim.

Quote:
Quote:
Happy to help. Smile

Pegani
Hocus Pocus
SO Magic

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I will order this just to enjoy Greg's performances, the rest is all bonus material.

For those interested in additional ditching ideas, Sean Goodman's Secret Servante will serve you well.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
MarcusC
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of MarcusC
Quote:

The advantages with being able to pre-order is that you can pre-order if you want to. Luckily, it's a free choice! Smile
PierreTime
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of PierreTime
The last penguin lecture with Gregory Wilson is great. Do you guys have any ideas where I can get Bandwidth in Europe ? I can't buy from Penguin Magic because of customs fees.
MarcusC
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of MarcusC
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2015, PierreTime wrote:
The last penguin lecture with Gregory Wilson is great. Do you guys have any ideas where I can get Bandwidth in Europe ? I can't buy from Penguin Magic because of customs fees.

Pegani is located in Denmark if that helps? Smile
Pixelated
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
[quote]On Feb 27, 2015, Kaliix wrote:
go out on a Lim.

:)
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2015, Kaliix wrote:
The advantage in preordering this that Greg Wilson has been selling this at his lectures for some time and those who have seen it and bought it can tell you how good it is. I purchased it from Greg when he lectured locally and what you see is what you get. If you like what you see in the promo, you will not be disappointed. The trick is worker, it is technically not difficult to perform, it is very visual and the reset takes about as long as it takes you to go to your pocket. If you already do any finger ring magic, I imagine you could fit this right in.

Oh and it's Greg Wilson who put this out so you can be fairly certain that the kinks have been worked out and you won't have to go out on a Lim.

Quote:
Quote:
Happy to help. Smile

Pegani
Hocus Pocus
SO Magic

From someone that has vowed to never pre-order anything again (and has been sticking to that), this is a lot different than pre-ordering something when all you have to go on is ill-informed quotes from friends or other performers who might expect to get similar backslaps the next time they put something out. This has actually been sold, and bought and reviewed, just not available at shops / online stores.

Also, kudos on the Lim comment - that was brilliant!
alee7371
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of alee7371
Looking forward to this release
DaiVernon1234
View Profile
New user
I still think that the original triumph hasn't been topped even after
85 Posts

Profile of DaiVernon1234
I thought this trick would be like a hundred dollars? I know Murphy's and their ability to make quality magic. I am excited for this release.
PierreTime
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of PierreTime
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2015, Marcus Christiansen wrote:
Quote:

Unfortunatly they don't send package outside of Denmark Smile. Thanks anyway.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How about

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p145969/Bandw......nfo.html

or

http://www.worldmagicshop.com/bandwidth-by-greg-wilson/
Weddingmagician
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Weddingmagician
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2015, barts185 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How about

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p145969/Bandw......nfo.html

or

http://www.worldmagicshop.com/bandwidth-by-greg-wilson/

Or http://www.warpedmagic.co.uk/products/ba......on-trick
PierreTime
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of PierreTime
Thanks a lot guys ! Pre-ordered. Smile
I will make a feedback as soon as I get it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bandwidth by Gregory Wilson (finally!) (72 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL