We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Improvised trick with nothing but your mind (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TomasKancyper
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of TomasKancyper
What tricks do you perform when somebody asks you, and you´ve nothing but your mind (no cards, no coins, no handkerchief, etc...). Like a mentalism impromtu trick but with no props. Thank you very much
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1419 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Equivoque with whatever objects are on the table at the time.

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17539 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Beyond Banachek with whatever is on the table....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Szymon Krzysztoszek
View Profile
New user
Warsaw, Poland
78 Posts

Profile of Szymon Krzysztoszek
Also you can try twisting arms things but probably a lot of people know how jt's done. Btw I think in every situation you should be able to borrow some coins ;p. Good idea could be also just start doing stuff with rubber bands because you can carry them anywhere
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
437 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
I would always opt for Deddy Corbuzier's Freewill !!!

I could use absolutely anything to do it. Normally: a name card, a bill, a phone. And these three items can be taken from the spectator.

Absolutely no prep work. Done impromptu.

Powerful.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8783 Posts

Profile of funsway
Of course, you are not required to perform just because someone asks ...

but please check out "In Your Pocket" (write me at gusarimagic@comcast.net)

only to be done in front of a group, but some have said this is the most power effect they have ever performed.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
With absolutely nothing ... not even impromptu props or any items at all. Hmmmmm ...

Invisible dice
Elephants in Denmark
Hand twisting thing - palm up to palm down
On the fly CR
Ollie
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Ollie
Equivoque if performed correctly works wonders...
mrquantum
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of mrquantum
You could do something as simple as using any three objects and using a magician's choice to force one object. I think you can take it from here.
MJE
View Profile
Veteran user
After all these years,I STILL have only
352 Posts

Profile of MJE
Properly done, Equivoque is as strong as ever. Unfortunately, most people use only the secret and only three objects. I'm not sure where to point everyone learn this amazing effect, but I'm sure the literature is out there. It's well worth learning and it is within the grasp of anyone who can create a good rapport with his or her participant.
jsatt129
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of jsatt129
I usually do a version of Phil Smith's Equifinque. All the setup that's needed for that is a pen and a few seconds, and I usually have it setup anyway.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Phill Smith's "The Universal". It's a prediction effect based on his Quinta method. Super easy to learn. All you need is the five fingers of someone's hand. Or five objects wherever you are. It's nice if you have a bit of paper to write the prediction on at the start, but that's all. No set-up required.

The super in-depth e-book downloads here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5709 for $32

Or he teaches it in simplified form at the end of this video download here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5441 for $29.95

Very powerful and flexible concept.
FoggFactor
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
189 Posts

Profile of FoggFactor
Psychological Forces are very easy to pull off if you have a strong script. It doesn't have to be cards. It can be anything.

Also, PK Touches or the old bit where you put one finger (really two from the same hand) over their eyes and you can do something sneaky with the other hand.

Those are my go-to when I need them.
Syruss
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
10 Posts

Profile of Syruss
I agree with everyone's Equivoque suggestion. I'm surprised nobody mentioned anything using a Ctr Tear considering the original post mentions mind reading!
I've never been anywhere where there hasn't been a scrap of paper and a pen.
Most of my favourite mentalism effects are performed on the fly with things that are just lying around.

2 geometric shapes, and the 5 choice Prediction mentioned in Banachecks PS always go down well.
In fact, find a copy of the book. There's plenty in there using nothing but your brain

Sy
MarkToland
View Profile
New user
Chicago
35 Posts

Profile of MarkToland
Here are a few ideas that have worked well for me:

• Star sign/birthday revelations
• PK Touches
• Passcode Revelation
• TOXIC
• Cold reading
• Prevaricator
• Equivoque

That's just a few of the impromptu things I'll perform when asked. PM me if you have any questions.
Mind reading Web Series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxXGYrmekzI

Member PEA
MagieFraudster
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of MagieFraudster
Conversation As Mentalism has seven such effects
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Lately, if I have some time and want to show them what I'm all about, I've done a progressive object routine.

Have them place 3 objects on the table and do free will.

Add a fourth object and do Leo Boudreau's Lie to Me. You could substitute Patrick Redford's 4 object rearrangement routine (name escaping me now).

Add a 5th object and do a Quinta routine.

I've trimmed away the fat and made it snappy. Even though its all different effects, the overall impression on the spectators is that no matter what the conditions, no matter how many objects, no matter whether they physically touch them or think of the, you are always one step ahead.

Sometimes I'll close with them thinking of "any object" and revealing it... I prefer these routines to equivoque as I (and everyone) already uses SO much equivoque that sometimes it needs a break. Lol.
Shurikenstorm5
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
75 Posts

Profile of Shurikenstorm5
Phil Smith's quinta comes in very handy for these moments
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Don't all those things involving objects go against the no props/just your mind thing ... Smile
plmqaz1243
View Profile
Regular user
Only has
141 Posts

Profile of plmqaz1243
I'm always an advocate for peter turner's work - Wish You Were Here is a pretty reliable mind reading/prediction effect, and Tequila Hustler is a great which hand routine (with an imagined coin!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Improvised trick with nothing but your mind (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL