We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Improvised trick with nothing but your mind (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2077 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

If I can offer a self-serving plug, those of you interested in equivoque might want to take a look at "Triangulation."

Bob Cassidy had this to say about it: "This is an excellent way of presenting a very effective and deceptive equivoque. The idea of using two or three spectators to make the selections is a very powerful logical disconnect... I can see this being very valuable for all performers, but especially for those who are asked to perform completely impromptu... I give this my highest recommendation."

Just follow the link in my signature...

Regards, Steve
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Magicians choice
BAGWIZ
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco Bay Area
160 Posts

Profile of BAGWIZ
Tequila Hustler. Yes, you need an object the spectator hides in their hand, but I find it hard to imagine a situation (except maybe outer space!) where no objects of any kind are within reach,
supertoad12
View Profile
New user
Choose a number between 1 and
88 Posts

Profile of supertoad12
Close Call
Steph

"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it"...J.M. Barrie
Blaine G
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Blaine G
Grey Elephants in Denmark
a classic beginners trick that is simple to perform, its all about the presentation
Also Scarnes ball routine from Stars of Magic, just roll up some cocktail napkins into balls (a drop of water makes them firmer) also done it with aluminium foil balls
DeadFracture
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of DeadFracture
If the person asking for a trick has an iPhone, I like to do Code Breaker by Michael Murray and Gregory Wilson, or if they have any kind of smartphone Swipe by Bill Perkins.
magicsachin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
133 Posts

Profile of magicsachin
There are many wonders possible with iPhone...Also check out Banachek's Psychological Subtleties ...
Thank You Smile
JG
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of JG
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2016, BAGWIZ wrote:
Tequila Hustler. Yes, you need an object the spectator hides in their hand, but I find it hard to imagine a situation (except maybe outer space!) where no objects of any kind are within reach,

Hi Bagwiz

You don't need an object. They can just think of any two things. "Which is strongest, love or hate......do you prefer blondes or brunettes......have you ever cheated on someone, yes or no........does charity begin at home or abroad.......are you voting Trump or Clinton......do you prefer wealth or health.......beer or wine......which of your 2 children do you love the most!!!

Try it out, they just think of their preference, you name it.

Mixed in with Cog and Prevaricator and Ecrof etc, it can make for a powerful demo.
"Deceptions From A Daypack" by Jack Goldstein - a limited edition book of card routines for those who love magic, travel and life.

Buy it now on Lulu; 100% of the profits go to Toybox, a charity committed to ending the global injustice of children living and working on the streets.

http://www.lulu.com/gb/en/shop/jack-goldstein/deceptions-from-a-daypack/paperback/product-22733764.html
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
235 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
Hello friends,

I could think of pateo force and any type of which hand routine. Anagrams are also great but need practice, I feel.
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
AndreaMooreMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of AndreaMooreMagic
Equivoque plus Wayne houchin stigmata would be a great impromptu effect for your situation.
Escamoteur
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Escamoteur
Hello,

Rarely caught without anything, in fact I cannot remember the last time leaving my abode with absolutely nothing in years, but as said above Quinta is perfect for such situations. Also, Washington Deceived by Sean Waters(although a dollar needs to be provided by a spectator you never touch or take it they just look at it).

Carter
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
695 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Thanks for the kind mention Carter. I am glad you liked Washington DeCeived.

Best Regards,

Sean
Check out my (soon to be released) ebook, WANDERER at..
www.experience-architecture.com
Mobius
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Mobius
Another vote for Quinta. Most creators develop a method of doing something and then work out a few different routines to go with it. With Quinta, Phill Smith has gone so far beyond this that it borders on the obsessive. His madness, however, is our gain. He has come up with so many ideas on how to use it that you should be able to come up with something, regardless of the situation you are in.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Improvised trick with nothing but your mind (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL