The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ZeroTo Ninety by Michael Murray (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
MindExplosion
View Profile
Regular user
Hermiston, Oregon
128 Posts

Profile of MindExplosion
Since it's based on Psychometry from A to Z, how similar is it to Iain's AEIOU?
Adam Hince
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
482 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2015, MindExplosion wrote:
Since it's based on Psychometry from A to Z, how similar is it to Iain's AEIOU?

It's not similar, aside from the fact that it's a method to give readings. IMO it is not as closely related to A to Z
Z as AEIOU, which I love. 0290 has no memory work, where AEIOU has minor memory work.

Regards,
AH
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1303 Posts

Profile of barts185
Let me be upfront about the fact that I don't do readings, but have thought about it, have done a bit of research, and have done a few at times when it was requested. I bought this wondering what I would get and in my admittedly limited experience, I think it's great!

Also, I have to say that there's a particular sentence on page 6, which includes the word plucked, that I'm sure "serious" readers (whatever that means) could take offense to, but which I found extremely amusing, and true.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Many thanks for the kind words, I'm pleased to hear that you like it. That one sentence (which is to provide an illustration without any intended offence) has been the most mentioned in all the correspondence I've had on it Smile

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Any news on the release of the physical book? I'm in no hurry as I have the ebook, it's just for my personal library (i.e. the bookshelf in the corner of my room)
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Hi Sean, all going fluidly with the printers this will be delivered with me in under two weeks Smile

I'm hoping for a more concrete date by the middle of next week.

Once the physical books land the Ebook will be taken down and once the remaining physical books have gone that will be the end of this until my next bigger book is released.

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Jelonek
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Jelonek
I bought the e-book two days ago and I have to say this is something, uhmm, different. I've read two or three books about cold reading in past, but I was afraid to go out and try to give people the readings. This system made me feel comfortable and I'm impatiently waiting to test its potential. I think, like Michael mentions in text, it is much easier to deliver the reading to the person using 0290, because you don't have to be stressed about remembering and choosing right statements.
With that said I have to admit, that I heard something similar to the system in Paul Draper's lecture. Without giving away too much I would say, that in his system also you don't use memory work and there is one similarity. But he didn't make me confident enough to try to read people, so thank you Michael. Not only for great system but also for giving me the confidence.

Best regards,
J.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Much appreciated Jelonek, I hope you have fun using it Smile

I'll shoot a copy of my system to Paul for his thoughts too so thanks for the heads up!

Best Wishes Michael

Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1222 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Michael, will this be released as as in the book later this year, or will it have something special for being an early release?
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Hi Medifro, if you don't mind waiting the full contents of this will be in the release I plan for later in the year. Up till now I don't plan on changing the content between them Smile

Best Wishes Michael Smile

WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2315 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I can also recommend this one.

I've been doing readings in a minor way for almost 20 years now and have really been focusing on increasing my reading skills for entertainment over the past few years. Michael's system will give you exactly what he says it will: A no-memorization system that will seem very accurate at times, but will not guarantee 'hits'.

However, I believe the more you work with such a system, the more accurate you will get because you'll start to trust yourself more and more and it will just work better. I'm being purposely vague so as not to spoil the method at all.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1643 Posts

Profile of JamieD
So I have stayed quiet on this one mainly so that I could properly road test this and get a good sense of what it is about, what works best for me and if indeed, the system does work.

So, ill begin by saying, I LOVE Michaels work and am a true fan. When someone first performed Springboard to me, not only was I completely fooled but instantly hooked. Then I learnt the effect and the methodology was but completely thought provoking, but also so much fun to perform.

The thought in this effect is clearly apparent and although I do feel as thought it is strongly influenced by some of its predecessors, there is so much merit for this system. It's complex, bold, intelligent and yet, at the same time it feels simple, confident and makes complete sense.

I have never ever had any experience with this kind of system before. I have however, always wanted to learn one. As soon as I saw Michaels name on it, I knew I would love it and I really do! At first, there is no denying that this kind of effect is scary. You have your personality, your words and the System. There is no back up and no fail safe. However, everything about this thing married up after two or three times of reading it over. So much so that my confidence, whilst not completely at ease was pretty *** high!

I have now been performing this for friends of friends and customers for a couple of weeks and pretty much instantly, I was hitting more than missing. With more practice and confidence, and by following the system as strictly as possible, I got better and better. Whats even more interesting, over time you tend to find trends and things that seem to work with most people. Almost as thought the system is building up a kind of Barnum Statement database without meaning to. Not sure if other performance have found this but as Im new to this kind of thing, it was amazing to see!

To conclude, linguistic mentalism is really influencing me and my kind of magic and Michaels thinking and effects are really pushing the boundaries of this genre of mentalism. Along with creators like Peter Turner and Fraser Parker, my brain is becoming an encyclopaedia of linguistic systems and effects and I'm LOVING IT.

If you have followed Michaels previous works, you will love this just as much and fin to, even more. If you've never delved into this kind of thing before, this is a fantastic system and due to his crediting within the book, gives a good starting point for researching the methods that influenced Michaels. Do not even hesitate to buy this!

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I would like to add to this conversation slightly.

Oddly enough, cold reading randomly came up in mine and a friend's conversation today. He had heard of Barnum statements and went on to discuss how Barnum statements are bad but how they can be made better by fluffing them up (and I must admit, his little 'reading' was better than a lot I've heard!) We talked about the fakes for a bit, but then I told him that cold reading isn't always about Barnum statements. Sometimes the readings can be very specific. I then had him think of someone I don't know and tell me their name. He said, "Mary." I then start describing Mary's character in great detail. Hair color, height, number of children, ages of children, characteristics of Mary, characteristics of Mary's children, even oddly specific things like the fact that Mary recently painted her house. Afterwards I asked him to tell me a percentage of how accurate the whole description was and he said "95-99% accurate." That's pretty incredible if you ask me! Especially considering I've NEVER done any type of reading before in my entire life and I've never memorized any statements of any kind. This definitely showed me the power of 0290. Such a great concept.

Today's success gave me the courage to use this at my upcoming walk around gig. Love it.

Great stuff, Michael!
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1449 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Just BUY it, its brilliant

R
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Magic.Maddy I'm so pleased that you are giving this a whirl, it makes writing these things up worthwhile when I hear that they are being put to good use Smile

Delivery of the physical books is set for the 15th so only a few days to go and they will all be posted out. The ebook will then be taken down soon after.

Best Wishes Michael

celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I'm getting all of the orders ready for dispatch. The 0290 ebook will be removed from my website within 24 hrs. If you have ordered the physical copy it's time to keep an eye on those postboxes Smile

Best Wishes Michael

Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle, WA
490 Posts

Profile of Investigative Mentalist
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2015, celebrity wrote:
I'm getting all of the orders ready for dispatch. The 0290 ebook will be removed from my website within 24 hrs. If you have ordered the physical copy it's time to keep an eye on those postboxes Smile

Best Wishes Michael

I assume the physical book has the exact some content as the e-book.

So if I already own the e-book (which I do) I am not missing anything, correct?
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1576 Posts

Profile of celebrity
That is correct Steve Smile

Some people simply prefer a physical booklet so I had a limited amount printed.

Best Wishes Michael

Steve Griffin
View Profile
New user
Guildford, UK
65 Posts

Profile of Steve Griffin
Hi Michael,

Is this still available as an e-book, or just the printed book as listed on the website?
'Just nodding your head won't row the boat' - Anon

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man' - Dr Johnson

Griffin and Jones
Bar Magic UK
Facebook
Youtube
@GriffinandJones
Steve Griffin
View Profile
New user
Guildford, UK
65 Posts

Profile of Steve Griffin
Oops, just read your previous post!
'Just nodding your head won't row the boat' - Anon

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man' - Dr Johnson

Griffin and Jones
Bar Magic UK
Facebook
Youtube
@GriffinandJones
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ZeroTo Ninety by Michael Murray (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL