The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ZeroTo Ninety by Michael Murray (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I thought Café readers may be interested in something new from my friend Michael Murray.

It's a Cold Reading System which requires no memorisation and very little time to learn.

It's called Zero to Ninety.

He calls it that because if you spend 90 yrs learning it you will have Zero success rate at it !

Only kidding ofcourse ! IT'S GREAT !

Michael has given it this name because if you know NOTHING AT ALL ABOUT COLD READING, AFTER 90 SECONDS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO USE IT WITH SUCCESS.

To be honest even though Mikey M is a long time friend & is one of the few people I know who can fool me, I thought come on mate I surely can't be able to do this so quickly.

I was wrong as he is absolutelly correct. You ain't going to be Ian Rowland straight away but you will have remarkable success immediatelly.

By the time you read it you will have it, and with a little practice you will be good.

On the way to Blackpool Convention on Thursday night my good friend Michael Wilson did a reading which I listened into via bluetooth. He had never met this

person or talked to him. I know this because I rang him and my mate Peter gave him the name of someone both Mick & I had never met.

Peter was flabergasted & it was great listening into his genuine reactions.

Of course I couldn't help butting in much to Micks annoyance. Mick got one negative repley & that was a connection to a farm. Ofcourse me being me, I said "well he must have shopped at Farmfoods then" . It got a laugh.

Peter said he had an 85% hit rate & he forgot about the one negative farm statement.

I have also tried Mikey M's system and got an 80% result on someone over the phone.

I got them to name a friend who I couldn't know. I also added, "it shouldn't take long as you only know me & one other person" It got a laugh.

They were shocked by my revelations and wanted to know how I knew so much information. I thought "should I sell them Michaels system" lol.

I decided to stop the reading and told them I was going to leave it at that, as this person wanted me out of the house & was going to call the police if I didn't leave. This got a laugh as they thought that was the only way I could know so much about a person I had never met!

Seriously though, this is very good and I can recommend it on the basis that for many years since being a kid, I have read and studied a lot of material pertaining to Cold Reading.

This works very well.

You know Michaels reputation. I urge you to give this your consideration. BUT READ IT AND TRY IT.

You will get excellent results very quickly.

Mike Donoghue
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
Where can I get this? It's not up on Michael's website.

Thanks!
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
It is going up tomorrow.

Ring Michael at Magicbox, or email him with the detailsgiven on his site.

Mike
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Any idea of price?
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Not sure as he is undecided .
Ring Magicbox a Michael is in today.

Mike
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
881 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
I saw this on Michael's Facebook awhile back. Everyone who was taught this system seems to have great success with it. Looks great!
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Sounds great, looks like it's still in the 'Coming Soon' portion of the site: www.mindfx.co.uk/

Some of the 'In Development' material looks interesting as well. =)
mikesmithmagic
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mikesmithmagic
This system is truly amazing and inspiring. I'd like to echo Michael Murray's words by saying that it does not in any way guarantee high hit rates. My overall average is 85% from the many readings I have given since being taught this back in December. I have had 2 readings with results of 20% and 2 with 50% hits.
The conclusion I've come too after performing it for almost 3 months is that it gives you the most fluid and faultless delivery of a reading. The feedback I've received from magicians, mentalists and lay folk alike is that the reading flows seamlessly and the information is delivered as if I knew the information for fact. I have no idea at all of release date or price but in my honest and humble opinion I think it should be a limited release and I could never really put a price on it as it is a priceless system that has served me very well indeed. I can however recommend this very very highly!
"I seriously love the disarming flexibility of Mick Wilson's SDP...one of those rare
card-handling procedures that exemplifies the concept of 'why run when no one is
chasing you'. SDP is an open-handed utility tool that conjurers will use to great
advantage when creating new effects in the years to come."

Mick Ayres, South Carolina, 2016
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I remember Michael looking for volunteers for this! I contacted him much too late, but I'm glad it will be available for me still Smile
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
911 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Sounds interesting.
From 1 to 10 how useful is it for someone who already does a lot of readings?
Also can you frame it how you want? Meaning Psychological,Psychic etc...?
Reader discretion is advised.
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
I'd like to know how useful is it to an actual reader. Is this aimed at mentalists wanted to jazz up their routines with a few stocks or the serious reader.

I love some of Michael's work and thought processes. But I've never seen him as a reader or was aware he did readings - maybe I'm wrong. Just curious - I know he is a prolific magic and mentalism creator and performer. But, how much reading has Michael done? Is this honed and perfected through years of performing readings?

Perhaps a video demo? Or some video of Michael giving a reading?
There is no holy grail!
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Being 100% upfront this is truly one of the strangest things I've ever developed and as a result this puts me in a rather strange position.

I've had an interest in readings for many years and have dabbled at best. Early December I picked up the Tarrot Alphabet by Luke Jermay on a whim and loved it. However for the same reason I never pursued many other reading systems this wasn't something I was destined to use "personally". It is amazing don't get me wrong but I wanted a reading system that would give me the ability to do so on a plate.

The result of my thoughts is zero to ninety. This builds and capitalises on the foundations of older work but as a result I feel that it offers something very new. Upon its original design I asked for a mix of complete novices and experienced readers to test the system. After all, it's all fine and dandy if it worked for me but was worthless if anyone else couldn't find value in it.

Originally I asked for a dozen people to help test it , I recieved over 70 requests and so gave it freely to just over half in return for their honest opinions. The response was overwhelming. I even contacted Richard Webster who whilst found the idea very appealing admited that in using it he did fall back on his own (and who can blame him he is awesome).

So in realistic terms ive used this for three months (not a long time but time enough to know that the system suits "Me". I hope what I say here is taken as intended and that is anything BUT a sales pitch but rather of complete honesty. Ive been asked by so many to release this but I know it is like marmite, you will love it or hate it and there in lies the problem.

Those that work it WILL find a beautiful elegance to it.

I asked all thirty seven test subjects to learn and test the system for them selves several of which were professional readers. Then I asked what I should charge for the ten page write up (NOTE VERY LOW WORD COUNT). The average price resulting from this was £60 BUT was as low as £10 for a PDF and up to £150.

My cards are firmly on the table here and as mentioned to the facebook test group this will NOT guarantee a hit rate, but will guarantee a zero memory method for giving detailed readings to complete strangers with no prior knowledge of any other system. Also included is my fail safe approach which is more suited to performers of mentalism effects. My average stands (for a questioned educated audience at 80-85% and I know that quantifying such a thing as a percentage is a counter intuitive thing to do but I had to guage this in some measurable term as to its worth).

So with that in mind I think I have reached a resolve of sorts what that is will wait until tomorrow when I've ironed out the logistics of it.

Until then, thanks for the kind words, support and interest!
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3054 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
This is my kind of thing! Elegant method, simple to use and direct!
Love it!
Thanks Michael!
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
This sounds interesting. I can see how pricing would be a bit tricky because even if it's a low word count, solid material you can go out and use right away with little work is priceless.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18346 Posts

Profile of IAIN
People who even consider word count really frustrate me...makes zero sense...

"oh? its only 2998 words? well, it can't be any good...now, if it was 3103 words long, NOW we're talking.."
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of celebrity
I agree Iain completely but just want to be clear what it is and what it isn't before anyone expresses interest.

;)
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1187 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2015, Michael Zarek wrote:
Sounds interesting.
From 1 to 10 how useful is it for someone who already does a lot of readings?
Also can you frame it how you want? Meaning Psychological,Psychic etc...?

Can't answer that if you are already happy with readings and have a solid way you are comfortable with. This system is so flexible, it just makes you smile. Let me just say this. Michael taught me the system (I have some reading experience over the last 15 years, but I am certainly no pro or anything), and five minutes later, I gave him a 15-minute reading about one of his family members that was about 85% on. In fact, I hit on a couple of things that were very specific.

I was a little skeptical about anything you can supposedly learn in five minutes (even though this was Michael...Smile. But I assure you his system does exactly what he says it will do. The reason is that it is deadly simple (and that is a strength!). I have used it since, and I have had readings range from 75% to 90% (I did have one outlier that was only 50%, but that was on my wife...).

My thought is this. If you don't have any experience or knowledge with readings, this will provide helpful structure and acceleration, but as any experienced reader knows, the only way to get better with reading is to read. I would recommend you purchase some of the basic texts on reading, and you will probably skip a few levels immediately with Michael's system by complementing it with those texts (the books that teach you what reading actually is). If you are a more experienced reader (even at a hobbyist level like me) and don't want to use an oracle method and you are looking for something that really feels totally natural and needs no system memory, I think you will admire this very much just as many of you admire some other very simple reading methods by some very well-known mentors in our community.

For instance, I am a big KK fan, but I hated CCold. It didn't help me at all, and it is sitting in a box somewhere in my attic. I loved Michael's immediately. I have nothing to gain from this so filter through these words and make up your own mind.

This would work for star sign work wonderfully too, which is of interest to me lately.
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6908 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I'm not a "mentalist" but I've always been intrigued by cold readings. However, I was curious about Michael's method for other reasons. I wanted to use a cold reading technique for a different sort of performance (not magic or mentalism).

Like I said, I'm no expert on this subject, but I will be using this system. It's dead simple and, as Michael says, involves no memory work... Which is good for me as I have a HORRIBLE memory and my mind will sometimes shut down when under pressure. But this is pressure free. And even if it doesn't go well... no biggie! But I'm sure if you use it constantly, your hit rate will be pretty high.

I think there's a lot you can do with this even if you don't do cold readings. It gives you an in so that you can play and interact with your spectators. Think about inviting someone up on stage and, with this technique, engaging the spectator in some fun discourse before the trick even starts. Could just be total silliness or something profound. But either way, you're going to grab people's attention.

I'm really stoked about this. Thank you, Michael!
maarten.bosmans
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of maarten.bosmans
Cameron,

I bought this from Mike Murray and I love it.
It is so simple and devious that you can perform it with confidence minutes after reading it.
You will not try to search for words, the words will come to your mind instantly.
You also have a fail safe approach where you can not fail.

It is so simple and ingenious. This is something I will be using for allot of other stuff.
You could be using this when getting a name, you could also use this when getting an object from a psychometry routine in my opinion.

The simple things in life are great.
maarten.bosmans
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of maarten.bosmans
Cameron,

I bought this from Mike Murray and I love it.
It is so simple and devious that you can perform it with confidence minutes after reading it.
You will not try to search for words, the words will come to your mind instantly.
You also have a fail safe approach where you can not fail.

It is so simple and ingenious. This is something I will be using for allot of other stuff.
You could be using this when getting a name, you could also use this when getting an object from a psychometry routine in my opinion.

The simple things in life are great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ZeroTo Ninety by Michael Murray (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL