The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DICEpion Chris Congreave (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Good NOT GOD.

I am doing it again !

Mike Donoghue
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
863 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Where is this available?
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Magictao

MIke
wanderwizard
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of wanderwizard
Just had a look at Magic Tao site,not out yet Mike but this sounds really good ,Yes Chris is a really top bloke he comes over so very well when performing
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Give them a ring.

May be wrong but I thought it was available now.

Chris is great & he does a cracking lecture.

Mike
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1713 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Magic Tao was selling it at Blackpool along with a few other of their new effects, and they have said their new line of effects will be released in the coming months.

I saw Chris' other new release, Horoscope, is up for pre-order now, so I was hoping for an update on Diception.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
If anyone Pms me, I might tell them how they can get a copy before the pre release in a month or so 😃
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1713 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2015, The Greek wrote:
If anyone Pms me, I might tell them how they can get a copy before the pre release in a month or so 😃

Wow, fantastic deal... if you are interested in this effect, I strongly suggest you take him up on this offer as well!
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

Mystification
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Mystification
I am taking him up on the offer and will report back with a review as soon as I get it and work with it.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
744 Posts

Profile of Marc O
When Mike Donoghue started this thread there where a few things he wrote that got my attention.
Phrases like,

"you can even use imaginary dice if you want to"
"there is no rough and smooth or Svengali"
"you are ready to go immediately with a different result every time"

Really made me curious...

So I took the plunge and sent Costas a PM.
He gave me a nice offer and in return asked for my honest opinion about the effect.
Well here it is, my first productreview on the Café:

On the DVD you find in your packages (included in the package are some more extra items) there are 2 performances, one in a live setting and one in the studio.
A complete step by step tutorial for the first and only setup required.
This set up will take you about 10 minutes and really is easy to do.
A thorough explanation of the effect and different ways of performing and getting to the revelation.

My opinion:
I love how they got all the necessary steps for explanation and performing on the DVD and still keep it in a about 20 minute timeframe.
Sure you want to know everything about an effect you just bought, but don't you just hate it when a DVD goes on and on and about every little thing they can come up with, and you feel yourself falling asleep when someone on your screen tries to explain for the third time why they choose red back cards instead of blue....
This DVD has best of both worlds, thorough but short!

Except for a Sharpie everything you need is in the package.
NO "you have to supply your own deck of cards" and NO "go out to the hardware store and find yourself the exact kind of tape or glue to build your prop".
Thank you for that MagicTao!

I am not a Card Shark but this effect is easy to do.
There are, like in many other effects, different storylines to use and I have already got one at hand for myself.
Also there are some different ways to show/get to the revelation and one of them would make me as a participant ask a question to the performer (but hey I am not a layman...).
Yet there was another performance on the DVD that really made me wonder how Chris got to the revelation.
I Could only think of one and I was wrong!

All in all a very nice product that will give you some much fun performing it and fry laymen.

Thumbs up to Chris Congreave and MagicTao.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1713 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I also received this recently from Costas and the Magic Tao team.

The description of the effect in this thread is very accurate. I had a chance to perform it for some friends and family this weekend and it went over very well.

As stated, the one time set up takes about 10 min, then you are good to go.

The effect is easy to do and there are a few different variations taught on how to get into the revelation, so you have some variety in how you want to present this, which is nice. Depending on your preference and skill, the alternate handlings range from borderline self working to intermediate skill level, but all the handlings are very fooling.

Oh, and it also resets instantly.

All in all, its a winner in my book.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -

Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Can not seem to find it on magic Tao site?,sounds interesting.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
744 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2015, Fire Starter wrote:
Can not seem to find it on magic Tao site?,sounds interesting.

I believe it will be released in a few weeks.
You can send Costas a PM.
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Mystification
I received mine as well. Two thumbs up. This is a very deceptive and extremely clever effect. This will fool both magicians as well as entertaining your lay audience.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1713 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Now up for preorder:
http://www.magictao.co.uk/diception-by-chris-congreave

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEvf6V3HbGA

Ive performed this quite a bit and the reactions are top notch... it gets my highest recommendation.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -

The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Great feedback TuneHV. Thanks
wanderwizard
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of wanderwizard
I will order this will suit my style,Chris has not been on the monthly Magic Tao review show for a few months,hope he is okay? Just gonna see when it will deliver cos we are going on hols in a week,
wanderwizard
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of wanderwizard
I will order this will suit my style,Chris has not been on the monthly Magic Tao review show for a few months,hope he is okay? Just gonna see when it will deliver cos we are going on hols in a week,
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1910 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I'm very interested in buying this effect but am a bit on the fence because the trailer fades out at a, what perhaps is, crucial point in the performance ... . Is this on purpose (as in deliberately hiding something?) or is it just me being paranoid?
geggy
View Profile
Loyal user
Brighton UK
236 Posts

Profile of geggy
From what's shown in the trailer I'm thinking 16 possible numbers. .rolling 3 dice. . And lots of pocket space for your multiple outs. . Would really be good to see a full performance. . I want to like this, but not sure at the moment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DICEpion Chris Congreave (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL