The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SPIRAL WIND (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chaplain_63
View Profile
New user
Chicago Burbs'
24 Posts

Profile of Chaplain_63
What a great item from Taylorimagineering.com Chris has made a product that looks like it's been hanging in the garden patio for some time...simple , but yet a elegant look to it. The sound of the chimes is not alarming , more of a southern welcome with a hint of mamosa & mint.I used it the other night during a seance exhibition,following the movement of the planchette to farewell on my Calling Heaven board - the candle that was our only light went out and the chimes that hung to our backs but overhead at least 5 feet above twinked in the absence of any wind or breeze - brining a look,see,hear finality to the nights foray of spirit world intrusion...a nice piece of work Chris
highly recommended.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
I saw these on his site a while ago. They do look elegant. If I had a seance chamber the public could attend
they would be perfect. Or for the home. It's hard for me to imagine traveling and setting them
up in someone's living room though. They fit my idea of seance perfectly! *sigh*
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Chaplain_63: Thank you for the kind words. Smile it's SPECTRAL Wind. Cheers.

Christopher

http://www.taylorimagineering.com/products/spectral-wind.php
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
I saw this at the ECSS convention. Its very cool Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
colinj
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of colinj
I love this idea. Trying to figure out a way to work it into an indoor setting.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2015, Roth wrote:
I saw this at the ECSS convention. Its very cool Smile

Me too .. It looked awesome!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 3, 2015, colinj wrote:
I love this idea. Trying to figure out a way to work it into an indoor setting.

Wind chimes are used to detect spirits regularly. If you search "Spirit Wind Chimes, aka Ghost Catcher" you will find a good number of references to such. I am not referring to performers who put on theatrical seances, I mean "legitimate Ghost Hunters". Here is an excerpt from: A Brief Guide to Ghost Hunting: How to Investigate Paranormal Activity. P. 61-62.
By Leo Ruickbie

"A new variation attributed to Leinster Paranormal is the “Irish wind chime”. This is a wind chime suspended within a glass receptacle, usually a jar. The idea is that, being shielded from breezes, any movement of the chime has a paranormal cause. Groups such as Champaign Country Paranormal and Southwestern Ohio Night Stalkers have experimented with the Chimes. Champaign County Paranormal use the chimes as a response mechanism to questions asked, as well as a passive object placed under camera observation. The Ghost Investigation Teach and R.I.P. South Wales set up a wind chime during their investigation of Mulberry House in 2010. "

So, if you wish to be like the "real thing", just openly hang them in the room where drafts can not reach them and let the spirits play. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
Christopher,

Is Spectral Wind available now, or is it still in the preorder state?
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 8, 2015, Mysterious Mike wrote:
Christopher,

Is Spectral Wind available now, or is it still in the preorder state?

It is available for shipping now. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

GReed3649
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of GReed3649
Ok, hadn't considered the idea of putting the chimes inside a belljar or glass case. That's an intriguing idea, but with the chimes being two feet in length that's going to make for a rather large case. Definitely something to think about though.

Ordering mine tonight.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 9, 2020, GReed3649 wrote:
Ok, hadn't considered the idea of putting the chimes inside a belljar or glass case. That's an intriguing idea, but with the chimes being two feet in length that's going to make for a rather large case. Definitely something to think about though.

Ordering mine tonight.

I have used this: https://www.collectingwarehouse.com/Coll......15x15x29

If yo shop around, you can find them at a better price. I think I found mine on Amazon.

CT
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

GReed3649
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of GReed3649
Silly question, but how did you mount the chime in that case? The only thing I can think of would be running an eyebolt or such through the top....that or some sort of stand.

I’m liking this idea more and more the longer I think about it.
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 10, 2020, GReed3649 wrote:
Silly question, but how did you mount the chime in that case? The only thing I can think of would be running an eyebolt or such through the top....that or some sort of stand.

I’m liking this idea more and more the longer I think about it.

I made a hole in the top and placed a hook. Worked fine.

CT
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SPIRAL WIND (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL