The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Chair tests (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Seethings
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Seethings
Do you use a chair test in your show?
If you do, is it an effect that you've created, or someone else?...
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I use a chair test as a finale to my show. It is one I created. I love it and may even release it in the distant future.
Seethings
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Seethings
I thought that you use Art's chair test plus Pabalo Amira's Test Condition Prediction.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2015, Seethings wrote:
I thought that you use Art's chair test plus Pabalo Amira's Test Condition Prediction.

I have used that. That kind of started my chair test bug. But there were a few aspects of Arts I wasnt too fond of so I came up with my own chair test.
Seethings
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Seethings
Ok. Thanks.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I use a chair test early on as a fun way to demonstrate influence and control over human behavior. I learned to do it from someone else.

I don't want to discuss names of teachers or performers. We could have a more open conversation downstairs. There's more benefit to gain by discussing in Inner Thoughts. Penny is too visible to search engines and it isn't worth discussing valuable things here. Like a bag with a hole in its seam, stuff leaks out of this forum.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Seethings
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Seethings
Ok. I will ask it there.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I sometimes perform Rick Maue's "Fate?" as a closer. It has four spectators stand at designated places, but has essentially the same dynamics as some chair tests. What you need to perform it is very portable, it requires no advance preparation in the performance venue, and it involves a second revelation when the audience assumes the effect is over. It can be done with either a Prediction or an Influence implied premise.

George
clairvoyant
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of clairvoyant
I can predict the future, you know how I'm going to show it? By knowing where you're going to sit. Tada! As a plot it's kind of underwhelming.
Seethings
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Seethings
But what if I present it as Mind Control? (I usually don't give labels to my demonstrations).
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2015, clairvoyant wrote:
I can predict the future, you know how I'm going to show it? By knowing where you're going to sit. Tada! As a plot it's kind of underwhelming.

That could be said about 90% of the stuff out there. It's all in how you frame it.
Seethings
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Seethings
Also Clairvoyant, did you know that the originator of the chair test is the "real" "psychic" Gerard Croiset?...
Rod Irroc
View Profile
Regular user
The media swarmed over my last blindfold drive... I ran over
154 Posts

Profile of Rod Irroc
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2015, clairvoyant wrote:

If that's the main "plot" one is using then one is going about it the wrong way in my opinion.
clairvoyant
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of clairvoyant
Quote:
But what if I present it as Mind Control? (I usually don't give labels to my demonstrations).

There are far better demonstrations of mind control. If my premise was mind control/influence I'd rather stick with stronger material.
Rod Irroc
View Profile
Regular user
The media swarmed over my last blindfold drive... I ran over
154 Posts

Profile of Rod Irroc
Quote:
Also Clairvoyant, did you know that the originator of the chair test is the "real" "psychic" Gerard Croiset?...

Georges Cochet
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Inner thoughts please ! What's with all these topics in penny?
Reader discretion is advised.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I like Art´s Chair Test and I have also used in the past my own "Chromatic Chair Test" and other routine of mine inspired by the one from Luca Volpe and Banachek.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
I use my own "The Perfect Chair Test" regularly. Shameless plug - it's available for $30. PM me.

Ted
Mentalism for the Metroplex
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2015, tgplano wrote:
I use my own "The Perfect Chair Test" regularly. Shameless plug - it's available for $30. PM me.

Ted

plugging YOUR OWN stuff Plano ?? :: Smile

but yeah if its good stuff.. WHY NOT ??
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
It's the only good magic thing I've come up with...Why not!

Well...that's not exactly true. I have a trick called "Pairs" in an OLD Jerry Mentzer book.
Mentalism for the Metroplex
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Chair tests (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL