The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Anyone use turbostick? (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Jmolomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Victorville
332 Posts

Profile of Jmolomagic
Sorry.... Smile
Jonathan Molo
360-989-6602
www.JonathanMolo.com
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Sort of back to the topic what paddle do people enjoy using the most, I used to perform the amazing jumping arrow as I didn't like the number force but think it would probably be better to be able to draw/write whatever you wanton to the paddle so that you could repeat the effect with the original spectator being present and still get away from the number force.
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
I think Turbostick is great. Far more versatile than my old hot-rods. I use the routine with red dots so I can pull off the last dot as a sponge-ball - even adults jaws drop, then I go into a sponge ball routine (Sanders shows this on the DVD). Two other good parts of the routine are when you bring back the dots you erased and when you flick the dot from one end to the other. This is part of both my parlour and strolling sets.

Richard
mtmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of mtmagic
I've been using this since it first came out. It's a real worker for kids and adults.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Do not make the mistake of dismissing or underestimating the strength of this final answer to paddle effects!!! Anything you or the spectator draws becomes animated!!! Extremely visual, perfect for strolling, resets instantly, involves spectators and can be performed completely surrounded!!! If you aren't performing this, you have no idea what you are missing!!! Thank you so much again Leo Smetsers!!!
Chris.Z
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Chris.Z
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2015, Terrible Wizard wrote:
Dudes ...

LOL.
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
I love this trick. Just started doing it, but I already love it.

Has anyone done a routine using two turbo sticks? It would probably look pretty cool if you made the X jump from one stick to the other.
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Use it at all my strolling shows.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
What makes this different then the chalk paddle? besides the material.
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
It is contemporary. Whiteboards and dry-erase markers relaced blackboards and chalk in schools and colleges a couple of decades ago.

Fichard
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I created the following tool to help me design and practice routines with the Turbo Stick.
It's like writing music. The grid is easily created in Excel.

The 3 boxes on the left show me what's face up on the paddle.
The 3 boxed on the right show what's on the underside of the paddle.
It's also my viewpoint of the paddle.

It's not shown in this pic, but I usually have notes on what needs to be done to get from one stage of the routine to the next.
For example, to get from the first stage to the second stage, I need to erase the "x" that is farthest away from me.
Phase two to Phase three - the "x" returns. And now I know what I have to work with in the planning stages. I know I have 2 X's on the underside of the paddle, the one that's missing is furthest from me.

Hope some of you can use this.

Click here to view attached image.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I've been using it a lot. It made it into my strolling magic set. Few things make it that far.

I do need a replacement stick. Mine is starting to get dingy looking. Anyone know where I can get just a stick?

Thanks
ACE
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
I contacted Richard Sanders through his website and was able to buy individual sticks at a good price.
Patrick
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Thanks Patrick, I wrote him today.

I performed my Turbo Stick today at Family Day on the Riverboat Natchez here in New Orleans.

Here is how I end it. Remember the ending where he takes the X off and tosses it back on? After I do it once, I let a spectator do it. I take the X off in my closed fist, I put it into the spectators closed fist, have them put their fist palm down, and toss it back on! The kids line up to do it! You have to actually do it to see all the different reactions. They are Great!

Don't underestimate this move. At an adult gig the other night, I had grown women doing it and they were squealing!

ACE Smile
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Rocky
I used it last night at an all night grad party. Definitely a worker and a must-have item for close-up performers.
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I used it today at a Mad Hatter party, kids and adults. That, sponge balls, and jumbo rising cards were all I did. Mostly Turbo Stick. The kids would come up and want to throw the X back on again and again! All my other paddles and CC Knives are now for sale. Turbo Stick is the only one I will ever use again. Wait, non of the others ever made it into my show!

ACE
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Mostly on your recommendation Ace, I just purchased this effect. I am wondering how I did not get this when it came out. Turbo Stick is just as awesome as you said it was.

My only complaint is that the handle of the stick is slick like the rest of it. I wish Richard had roughed the handle up a little bit or better yet, had it knurled. Other than that, Turbo Stick is pure gold.

Quote:
On Jun 14, 2015, Acecardician wrote:
I used it today at a Mad Hatter party, kids and adults. That, sponge balls, and jumbo rising cards were all I did. Mostly Turbo Stick. The kids would come up and want to throw the X back on again and again! All my other paddles and CC Knives are now for sale. Turbo Stick is the only one I will ever use again. Wait, non of the others ever made it into my show!

ACE
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Kaliix: Glad you love it! Just groove or rough the the stick yourself to your liking... I like to use my cement driveway to rough things... Smile

But my Stick worked perfectly for me out of the box. But then, I have been doing the paddle move since I was 8. I can do the paddle move with a boat paddle! Smile

Seriously, I've tried almost every paddle trick in my show. This was the first one that got verbal reactions. And that is what I am looking for. People can also SEE it when you are working in low light.
frankieacemagic
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of frankieacemagic
Absolutely! This is why I'm still trying to figure out the best way make this bigger! It gets amazing reactions. I use this in my stand up show when the audience isn't too large. End with the bday child's name Smile LOVE THIS!!
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Just got another Turbo Stick from Magic Warehouse.
It's smaller with a rounder top.
It came in a flat fold over paper DVD case.
The other came in a plastic DVD case.

It this legit? Is this the "new" model? When did this change?

Click here to view attached image.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Anyone use turbostick? (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL