We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Other health issues and performing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
My voice usually stays in good shape.

Sometimes when I get a sinus infection, it travels down to my lungs and my usually controlled asthma gets a bit
"Tricky".

Energy is down so, I structure a different type of show, while working with my Doctor.

My first performing persona was a The Mime over Matter.

I was much more comfortable with sub vocal scripts than talking during my show.

I got over that, and love to talk so much, I became a ventriloquist.

Harris aka dr. laugh
"not that kind of doctor"
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
lt
View Profile
New user
US
50 Posts

Profile of lt
I've had similar problems. My day job is an office job that doesn't involve a lot of talking, and my voice sometimes gives out about 30 minutes into the show. Anyone else have similar issues?
Jonty
View Profile
Regular user
England, UK
167 Posts

Profile of Jonty
It, I've had the same problem. Especially if my expensive PA system goes on the blink, which it alway seems to do. However, I recently bought a waistband mini amplifier that sits on my belt under my shirt and is directly connected to a very lightweight head mic. There is no unreliable wireless connection to spit and splutter every 5 minutes, it chucks out a very reasonable 25 watts and it goes everywhere I go, great for grabbing parents from the back of the room!. It has a micro sd slot built in so I can play music too. Granted it's not the best for very large halls etc but for up to 50 kids or so it's fantastic. I even use it at home parties purely because it saves my voice. And the best part is it only cost me £17 from eBay! Smile
Jonty the Magician
Children's Entertainer in West Yorkshire

www.magicadabra.co.uk
Jonty
View Profile
Regular user
England, UK
167 Posts

Profile of Jonty
That's £17 brand new by the way! Smile
Jonty the Magician
Children's Entertainer in West Yorkshire

www.magicadabra.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Other health issues and performing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.5 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL