The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Perfect case for your magic @ Home Depot and Lowe's cheap (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I bought the case from Lowe's. I have my close up magic organized now!

Elbruno, where is Harbor Tool located? I have never heard of it before. Is a national chain? Do they have a website?
Thanks.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Ziggy
View Profile
New user
SW Washington State
51 Posts

Profile of Ziggy
Harbor Freight Tools is a national chain, their website is: http://www.harborfreight.com/ they have several cases
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Di......er=35777
is the one that looks like the most durable
"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.."
Oscar Wilde
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Ziggy!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Well, I was really going to go for a Doug Malloy Deluxe Close-up Case, but the $20 price reeled me in. I got lucky, my local Home Depot had both regular and black cases.
I am a little concerned, however, about the fact that unlike the deluxe case I mentioned, there are two angles or planes of storage with a regular case.
If storing liquids, like roughing fluid, ghost glass II compound, or even rubber cement solvent, you have to watch to make sure you have no leaks.
Also, what orientation do you all use to store your decks of cards ? I would think that cards should not be stored on any of their edges, but lie flat. So your case should either always be either flat (as in open mode) or upright. Or doesn't anyone worry about that ?
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
BlackShadow
View Profile
Special user
London UK
666 Posts

Profile of BlackShadow
I usually work from pockets but if I want to take more, I use an alumunium vanity box from Tescos. Cost £3.99. It can fit a set of cups, gimmmick cups, loads of sponge balls, crochet balls, cards, final loads, coins, wand, mini die box and silks. What more do you need ? Smile

http://www.boon.co.uk/images/products/09/00024490.jpg

^
similar one

Mine's only 4.5" x 4.5" x 7"
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Phil,
Do you have the name of the folding bar stool at Walmart. I couldn't find any folding Stool over there. Thanks
Ken
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Be careful, I have four cases three for my sound equipment and a forth for my Milk Piture routine. One day I grabbed the wrong case, left my mics home.
Dennis Michael
ElliotLachman
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of ElliotLachman
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Thanks for the tip on the case from Home Depot. After about a week of hitting different stores, I found a black one. Works beautifully. I also love the idea of being handcuffed to the case and escaping. I hope no one minds me using the idea.

Thanks

Great idea about the close up mat on top of the case. I also thought about hanging a servante on the handle side. With the mat, the stand, the servante, and the banner hanging in front, you have a nice little portable stage.
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On 2004-02-07 20:24, RandyM wrote:
Thought I'd let you guys know about a great case I found at Home Depot. It's also at Lowe's for $19.99. Just go to the tool area of Home Depot. Look for where they keep the tool boxes and organizers. You will see what looks like an attache case but deeper that is stainless in style. This is only 19.99.

What is great about it is it's padded inside and you can position the separator's anyway you like for whatever you might carry. I also attached with spray adhesive a close-up mat on top. Great for practice or walk around.

I use the case, like your idea of the close up mat on top.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Rabbitless Hat
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Rabbitless Hat
I have always used the tackle boxes that look like brief cases. THey are also at wal-mart. Can these aluminum cases be locked?
"Too much flourish for the magicians. Too much magic for the flourishers."
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Can anyone provide a link/picture of the folding bar stool, either the same or similar to the one at Walmart. Like Ken, above, I cannot find it at their site.

Thanks,
Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
I just got mine last week from Lowe's and it was a good investment. These aluminum cases can be locked and it already has the foam inside of it. It's up to you to figure out what to put in there.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
At Home Depot or Reno Depot, I found one of those aforementioned black metal cases with foam interior, and the case also came with a mini-case (silver), 12" x 9", which I use for my close-up stuff. What a beautiful ensemble this is! All for about $35 Canadian.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
HOOCHY COOCHY
For $19.97 this case is the best bang for the buck I have ever spent on magic stuff. This Home Depot case is so classy I am going to raise my prices.
Happy Boy
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
I have found the same case to be great BUT in the same appearance(polished aluminum,metal,etc...) and a little bit smaller to take to the bar and restaurants is a womans' make-up "caboodle". I purchased my from a target/walmart/k-mart in the cosmetics section for between $15 & $20. It is compact and great for all the important close-up effects needed for strolling and what not. It opens up and has 6 shelves plus a deep bottom section. Someone should check it out.
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
I also found a small case which was sold as a woman's make-up kit for about $15. I use it for my close-up show. If you put cards into it you can fit 12 decks. 3 layers with 4 cards each. It also has slots where you can put your sharpies in.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2004-07-28 06:26, alym wrote:
But where do you get the right foam for the inside?

You can buy foam at Linen's & Things or bed, bath and beyond.

John
rhinomax
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of rhinomax
I attached a flange for my eureka table base and keep my parlor show in one it looks great and sets up in seconds these cases are much like the cases in Dan Harlans pack small play big videos @ 20bucks you cant go wrong
Topper
NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE FEW TO CHANGE THE WORLD "THATS USUALY HOW IT WORKS" MARGRET MEAD
Terry Harris
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Terry Harris
Wellington Switch board. It is no good at all if any of the 4 lightbulbs arrive broken
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Perfect case for your magic @ Home Depot and Lowe's cheap (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL