The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DMC Black/Gold marked deck (191 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..19..24..29..34..39..40~41~42 [Next]
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I just got in a couple of the new Elites and cracked one open - Nice! They even faro well right out of the box, actually much better than some new faro trick I just bought.

Robert
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Showed these to a few guys at LADs, not one could find the marks without them being pointed out and yet in a dimly lit nando's I could read the marks from a good 15 feet away even without my glasses. I can't read a Boris Wild or Ted Lesley deck 6 inches away in a brightly lit room without my glasses. With that kind of performance I would still use them if the Kings were mooning and giving the bird .. Hmm I may even pay extra for those kings!!

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
Hmm I may even pay extra for those kings!!

Welcome to the club, prepare to be derided.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
DMC Elites ,can anyone tell me what is different please? want to pick up some DMC Black/Gold marked deck but looks like Alakazam only has these.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
"Fancy a game of crib?" enquires my son, picking up the DMCs. Followed by, "are these normal?" He only asks as he's aware of how many gaffed cards I have. What could I do? Said nowt, won some, lost some. At one point he says, " Wow, the backs of these are trippy" Did he see the marks? Not a chance, and now he knows they're 'normal', I can have some fun.........
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
423 Posts

Profile of minty
I couldn't care less about the design of the Kings, and have no interest in purchasing replacement "normal" cards.

I love this deck and have just ordered four more. Thanks Phill and DMC.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
So what is the difference please,i want to get some tomorrow,anyone?.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Fire Starter: The Elites are the exact same deck as the Black Golds, just printed on cardistry grade stock. They are essentially a reprint from when the original Black Golds sold out - we just decided to go to a higher quality stock (basically closer to Bikes) so people would be happier using them as their daily deck. If you are interested in buying multiples check out http://www.sovereignplayingcards.com for the discount.

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Arh, cheer's Phill,i will defo pick a deck up tomo and by the way loved your Penguin Lecture,all the best.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Thanks Fire Starter, I'm glad someone liked it.

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Very impressed
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Got these to day and I love them ,i can see them from a good distance and even more impressive,WITHOUT my reading glasses,this deck knock's the rest of em, out of the ball park.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Golly even in low light I can see without glasses.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Yes they are fantastic. I recently showed them at my lecture to the Bolton Magicians Club and they sold out. I even showed them the famous Kings but they were more focused on the fact that the deck was soooo easy to read and get invisible to the untrained eye.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2015, paperinick wrote:
Quote:
Hmm I may even pay extra for those kings!!

Welcome to the club, prepare to be derided.

I meant I'd pay extra for mooning kings that are giving the bird ... derided for that .... surely not!
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
I meant I'd pay extra for mooning kings that are giving the bird ... derided for that .... surely not!

Oh my bad, I just read your last sentence. I guess you are part of the club deriding the ones who want regular kings. Smile
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I'm not deriding anybody for wanting anything. People want what they want and sometimes they get it and sometimes they don't. I'm simply saying these cards are what they are and as they do the job I need them to do in a spectacular fashion I will use them regardless of any opinion I may have on the kings.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Just fried my daughter's boyfriend I gave him the cards he stated straight away,AH new cards ,not your regular one's so what's the catch with these?,i said well check em out,now't wrong with them just fancy a new deck design and they are very nice out of the box,so he looked them up and down close up and bright light on,NOT A THING,so went into a little mind reading and he is scrathing his head now,i said stop ,your hair is going to fall out,lol,these cards Rock and I do not give a dam what the kings look like,could just take em out if they are not liked and say they have been picked and signed,no sweat.
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
305 Posts

Profile of ManchurianMan83
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2015, Fire Starter wrote:
could just take em out if they are not liked and say they have been picked and signed,no sweat.

Exactly!
There's only two cards out of 52 that are 'unusable' to those with issues with the red kings.

It's a ratio of 2:50 that the offending cards would even be picked if left among the deck.
They certainly wouldn't notice the absence of those 2 cards if removed from the deck before hand, unless you're doing something explicitly with the Kings.

The possibilities and the workings of this deck for me far outweigh the 'odd kings' in this deck.
I've never personally had any issue with them, and if I did, I'd just remove them.
I'd be both amazed and impressed if a spectator asks all of a sudden why theres no red kings.
Hell, even if that happens, have a prediction out in your pocket or something for such an ocassion.

Rather than see them purely as a limitation and discard what is otherwise a fantastic deck, think around the issue a little!
There's no need to resort to a batch of 'normal kings' (a mere 2 cards) having to be printed.
Unless anyone here is truly planning to jump from using Bike/Phoenix as their main brand to DMC for all things card related, you can easily work around those cards for those times when you are using the DMC deck!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2015, ManchurianMan83 wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2015, Fire Starter wrote:
could just take em out if they are not liked and say they have been picked and signed,no sweat.

Exactly!
There's only two cards out of 52 that are 'unusable' to those with issues with the red kings.

It's a ratio of 2:50 that the offending cards would even be picked if left among the deck.
They certainly wouldn't notice the absence of those 2 cards if removed from the deck before hand, unless you're doing something explicitly with the Kings.

The possibilities and the workings of this deck for me far outweigh the 'odd kings' in this deck.
I've never personally had any issue with them, and if I did, I'd just remove them.
I'd be both amazed and impressed if a spectator asks all of a sudden why theres no red kings.
Hell, even if that happens, have a prediction out in your pocket or something for such an ocassion.

Rather than see them purely as a limitation and discard what is otherwise a fantastic deck, think around the issue a little!
There's no need to resort to a batch of 'normal kings' (a mere 2 cards) having to be printed.
Unless anyone here is truly planning to jump from using Bike/Phoenix as their main brand to DMC for all things card related, you can easily work around those cards for those times when you are using the DMC deck!

Bang on the Money,totaly agree.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DMC Black/Gold marked deck (191 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..19..24..29..34..39..40~41~42 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL