The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DMC Black/Gold marked deck (191 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..40~41~42 [Next]
wchoo002
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of wchoo002
Hey Phil,

was wondering if there are any plans to print the DMC Elites in Parlour Size.
Magic NAO
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Magic NAO
Excellent idea, I would greatly appreciate having the DMC Elites in Parlour Size as well.
pancho247
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of pancho247
When is the gaff deck available?
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Hi guys, I'm glad that there's still people sticking with the DMC's in spite of the slew of new marked decks *PENGUIN* *MARKSMAN* *BUTTERFLY* cough cough etc. It's interesting seeing these other decks come out and thinking about the differences between them, how they enable different styles of performance and routining. (incidentally I think my favourite of the recent slew of decks is Ondrej's beautiful Butterfly deck.) I'm proud of the niche we've struck in the field though.

Can we do it in parlour size? Well, I have a supplier I use for prototypes and one off decks and I can get them done at 3.5" x 5.75" BUT the quality leaves a lot to be desired and you don't get such niceties as a box (!) AND they would cost a lot because of the small run, like £40 a deck, so I'm hesitant to set the job up with them. BUT, if 20 people tell me that they want a parlour sized deck *under these conditions* then I will make it happen. Just post here or email me and if we can get there I'll set it up.

We are looking at a way to get these done properly though, so if there *is* a demand for them then we could probably pull that price down (a bit at least) later in the year.

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Gaff deck prototypes coming soon, release... later this year? Sorry I can't be more specific, we are going through a few adjustments since Drummond has buggered off to LA because of projects so it's still up in the air. We've locked down the deck though and we have a clear plan for how it will look / work / what cards are in it etc. It's a real workhorse gaff deck.

Phill
wchoo002
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of wchoo002
I definitely interested in getting a parlor size deck. Hope you can find others to lower the cost. Smile
Magic NAO
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Magic NAO
If this is going to be realized, then I would take two Parlour Size decks.
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Purchased a couple of the DMC Rouge Elite decks earlier on in the week and think they are incredible, I'm not that well versed in different Marked Deck systems except for trying to knock a couple up myself. These Elites are so clever and easy to use that I'm planning buying a brick very soon, couldn't be happier with my purchase, they're perfect.

Greig.
Smile
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
I'm in for two Parlour as well.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Are the Rouge Elites the only DMC deck offered at this time? Thanks.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
The rouge deck is the only on at the moment yes. The ultimate goal is to add more but we are having to juggle a load of stuff to make that more doable.

Phill
rrubin98
View Profile
Veteran user
Cogito, ergo sum scripsit
358 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
I own the black/gold DMC's as well as the Rouge. They're both great! I agree that the latter are a little easier to read in some instances and have an extra something to them. And I'll definitely buy DMC ESP cards if they're ever available.

Richard
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Richard, I love the Black / Gold deck too, my dream is to get into a position where we can do special runs of the black deck and even the Great Whites, with the revised optical system from the Rouge

Phill
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
DMC just posted there is an update and possibly more decks of some description will be getting produced. Anyone have any more intel? I can't wait....

Greig.. Smile
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Yeah, we've got stacks of stuff in the pipeline. Gaffed deck, the alphabet deck (which I think is going to be called the Sigma deck) and we are brainstorming a range we're calling Encore decks, the idea being you perform a normal set using the standard ELITES, maybe an effect or two with gaffs from the gaff deck, then ring in an Encore deck which lets you do something *totally* insane. We're sorting out a few prototypes at the moment but it's going to be huge, I think DMC posted that because we are locking in the production.

Phill
Geoff Akins
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Geoff Akins
Any new info on the Encore deck?
Davdo
View Profile
Regular user
New York
157 Posts

Profile of Davdo
I'm very interested in the Sigma deck. Any timeline on that?

Thanks.

Dave
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
The SIGMA deck is in prototype form ATM, it's amazing for sure but we are still working on the release date, there are things going on behind the scenes that are slowing us down a bit. It is an amazing piece of kit, DMC is mega excited about it, he described one of his experiments performing with the deck as getting the strongest response of anything he's done. I used it at a Halloween gig at the weekend with a new routine as my big closer and it killed. I WISH I could put a deck in your hands tomorrow so you could see but trust that we will get them out as soon as we possibly can.

Phill
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Encore decks a little further out than that, still in development. There is also the gaff deck, which I have a few prototypes of too, which is in a similar place to the alphabet deck - brilliant product but we are waiting for the stars to align with various issues so we can bring them out right.

I'm extremely proud of both of them and I'm sure people will love them the same way I do, and I'm frustrated that circumstances beyond my control have meant we can't pull the trigger.

Phill
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Looking forward to these, maybe a new thread might be a good idea for these gaffs?. Just treated myself to a brick of Rouge Elites last week so I'm a fully fledged member of the DMC/Phillip Smith fan club Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DMC Black/Gold marked deck (191 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..40~41~42 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL