The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Classic palm (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
Over the years at times I have used

Rose oil and glycerine (early years 70-80's$

Sort quick

This was done on a short period basis, not every day of the year.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Sorry it took so long to get back on here. I started using lotion at night and couldn't cp very well the next day. It's because there was still oil on my hanods from the night before. Thanks for all the replies,this is a great community. Also I always thought it would be harder to cp with sweaty palms. Now I'll have to try
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2714 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2015, Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse wrote:
Sorry it took so long to get back on here. I started using lotion at night and couldn't cp very well the next day. It's because there was still oil on my hanods from the night before. Thanks for all the replies,this is a great community. Also I always thought it would be harder to cp with sweaty palms. Now I'll have to try

It depends on how sweaty they are. If your hands sweat as bad as mine can at times. It is not easy and is just as bad as having too dry of hands. My hands don't sweat as often as they used to but they still do right now my hands are sweaty and I'm not doing anything more than typing this post. What trigger's it I don't know If I had to palm a coin right now even a U.S. Dollar sized one I would have to have to dry may hands off. I need to anyway but just using that as an example. My hands aren't dripping wet right not but too wet to palm a coin. If was was to palm a playing card it would warp.
DallasFrank
View Profile
Regular user
Hey Rocky watch me pull a Rabbit outta my hat...oops wrong hat!
104 Posts

Profile of DallasFrank
My hands have run the gamut,from sweaty to dry.I couldn't handle cards or coins proficiently.I started using Nivea hand lotion after showering and it worked well for both problems.I then started using Lubriderm on the advice of a friend who is a tattoo artist.I have tried everything under the sun including Gorilla Snot and hand chalk.Lubriderm after showering works for me.I think you have to experiment and find what works best for you and try to avoid the quick fix.(Gorilla Snot was a nightmare)Just remember if it was easy and everything was laid out before you everyone would be doing it!

Frank
daniel116
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of daniel116
You guys all have it easy, try living in a country that's hot and humid for eleven months a year. If I don't perform in an air conditioned room, it takes exactly 10 seconds before my coins are too wet to work with.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1841 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2015, daniel116 wrote:

[T]ry living in a country that's hot and humid for eleven months a year.

What country is that?
daniel116
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of daniel116
Israel
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2701 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I work in a hospital and between frequent washings and dozens of applications of Purell, you're talking dry. For me, Golden Touch works best. J.C. Wagner also used it.
Fr. Cyp used Corn Huskers, but I found that cards got dirty a little quicker.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
Golden touch works well with cards and coins.
Todd
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2714 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2015, J-Mac wrote:

Michael Skinner.....Used "Skinner's Edge Crème", made by SortKwik and originally called "Paper Crème"; carried it in his sock and used it religiously

Jim

What Michael used was Lee Papercreme made by Lee products. Sortkwick is also made by Lee. Sortkwik is not the name of the company. Lee Paper Creme and Sorkwik are also not the same product by the way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Classic palm (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL