The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SPECTRE by Prof BC (259 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..11~12~13 [Next]
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1649 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2015, Dr Spektor wrote:
Say, in the UK will it be SPECTRE? I am partial to SPECTRE

Looking forward to getting this!!!!

And meeting P.W....

How odd. I always pegged you more as favoring Spektor. So much for my intuitive skills.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2648 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Am I being overly paranoid(not unusual for me) or should we try to avoid referring to the actual title/author in this public thread?
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
353 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Thanks for the info, Vic! Looking forward to this one very much.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
838 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2015, horus1 wrote:
Wow!!!!
Thanks for all the info vic!
So much more than we could have hoped for.
This sounds wonderful!!
Lots to look forward to!!

Ditto to Horus 1. Wow, Vic, this is sooo much more than I expected. I thought maybe it was just an addition to the Dopps routines,...which would have been fine, except I was thinking that after POTO and maybe one more, I would have enough of a completed Dopps collection.
Now, you have me rethinking my entire budget plan for late summer, ha, ha...? Thanks for sharing in such detail!
Smile x Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Astaroth
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Astaroth
Vic great teaser video trailer. I get that it's not supposed to tell you anything except it's coming. Many marketer uses this format it's very common.
Sounds like a breakthrough book test I'm sure it will be excellent.
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
[quote]On Apr 21, 2015, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2015, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Am I being overly paranoid(not unusual for me) or should we try to avoid referring to the actual title/author in this public thread?

I think we should avoid the author's name and the book title. That's presumably why it's called Specter, after all.

Come on folks, we spend half our lives putting @ signs in Luna, surely we can be discreet about the stuff that actually matters.

Remember, that Google kid is listening.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
NoT a DuCk!
View Profile
New user
All the cool people have
19 Posts

Profile of NoT a DuCk!
The video actually speaks more to the books backstory than its presentation. Threads like this are to give people who are excited or curious a place to talk about something without anyone telling them "nobody wants to hear about your ghost book that doesn't exist yet, Steve. ...there's and order up Steve, get outta my way, Steve. Im a freight train, Steve. If I was into magic you would do more work, Steve. The only ghost here is your voice haunting my dreams because you don't ever shut up , Steve. ...No I do not play xbox or Destiny, Steve"

So I am hoping it stays positive as life can suck enough without my favorite things having to for no reason. (also...I am totally not Steve and If I was that is totally not my manager)
Astaroth
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Astaroth
Skip this if you don't care but "try" not to be nasty we don't need more.

Doesn't matter who you say you are (your avatar/name/picture/number of posts) as long as you are nice and decent to others, that will prove who you really are (now there is a good use for g@@gle that may shed some light hint hint). This is the point I'm trying to make although maybe a bad way to make it.

You are right duck there is never a need to insult someone’s artistic and creative effort (video). I think you can qualify that by Vic's response. You are too nice Vic.

It should be a privilege to own these types of work not a right (interesting topic for a thread). Should we show some respect and be thankful, not nasty if we want to be worthy. Now there is an idea that might help to keep the peace around here as nothing else seems to work. How about I buy their copies and donate them to spookys in good standing then all the good heart people are rewarded and the creator won't lose. My words and intent are positive if you read carefully, it doesn't matter that I have a silly name you know I'm being real.

We still have to wait for the book but isn't that the fun part, anticipation? Vic I guess there is nothing more to say we have it all now thanks, but really you shouldn't have. Thanks for the updates and again nice work on the video. I would like to see others try to make one.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10586 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2015, David Eichler wrote:

How odd. I always pegged you more as favoring Spektor. So much for my intuitive skills.

I like all variations Smile

Meantime, I look forward to meeting Indolence Cheap - authoress and ghost of The Unapologetic Head

"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4188 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I'm excited about Spectre! I thought the video was a perfect tease.
The story of this Ouija poet has the gravity to pull into orbit so many marvelous topics and props.
Just you wait!
bartleby
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of bartleby
Please consider me one small voice that appreciates the videos. This and the Outlook style. I often o back and watch them after I get a product just for inspiration.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5124 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I think...hope...we are all creative enough to appreciate a well-made pitch, and smart enough to take it for what it's worth. The video was cool as is. I was sold to. Liked it. And look forward to more.

Just thinking we need to lighten it up a bit. Downstairs was designed for weightful conversations that may be too heavy to be supported up here. At the rate that some are asking for...there'll be very little talk here at all, except for *******, @#$@Q!^@#%^, and __________.

And that's not spooky at all.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4188 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Videos for bizarre book tests are strange beasts and a challenge. You hope you can evoke a mood and simply present the setting.
You are also producing a video that only about a dozen people will ever actually see and you still can't give away secrets.

MG was merely anxious for information and he really does excel at tiny details...much like Sherlock Holmes between cases.
As an experiment...try hearing Ian McKellen's voice in your head while reading his posts. Try it.

A Prof B.C. release is exciting!
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2648 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2015, Eddie Garland wrote:
MG was merely anxious for information and he really does excel at tiny details...much like Sherlock Holmes between cases.
As an experiment...try hearing Ian McKellen's voice in your head while reading his posts. Try it.

Marvin The Paranoid Android is closer. Smile
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1351 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2015, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2015, Eddie Garland wrote:

Marvin The Paranoid Android is closer. Smile

. . . brain the size of a planet . . . 'can you pick up that piece of paper?' . . . one of the truly great characters in English literature.

As to SPECTER/SPECTRE, I've been playing it very close to the vest for many months--not even telling Vic what all it was going to be able to do. I personally love the video. As some have said, it is meant to be about atmosphere, and the video captures that atmosphere very nicely indeed. I rushed Vic the 'basic' Oracle routine for posting here just as soon as these Tom-Toms began to sound and I was happy to do it. Please be nice to each other now, I would be very distressed indeed to see unpleasantness of any kind gather about something that I was working on. Also please be patient, SPECTER/SPECTRE is still in the works. I am working on the layout and coding even now, today, and I have a booking at Doomsday mid-May that will likely interrupt this work for a fortnight or so.

As to the effect itself, this will be an Oracle book, suitable for Dopps-style, one-off, and mindreading presentations to be sure, but primarily aimed at the fortune telling/reading market--tell the future, connect personally with a ghost, reveal hidden truths about the past, present, future, get real-life bookings at fairs, corporate events, that sort of thing. A Ouija experience without the prejudice associated (in many minds) with the Ouija board. It has taken me many months to pull it all together to make it work as advertised--and it does.

And, yes, the book will be as completely examinable as anything I've created in the past. Hand it out, do the routine(s) without fear or the need for memory work. Completely self-contained and presentable at a moment's notice.

Be kind to one another, now. You are all my friends, and it is quite distressing to see friends fall out. Please.

BC
Phasmologist
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10586 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2015, Dr Spektor wrote:

Meantime, I look forward to meeting Indolence Cheap - authoress and ghost of The Unapologetic Head

Shucks, will no one laugh at this most genius jest and cloaking of names? Sigh

<0> <0>
______/
VVVVV
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1431 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2015, Dr Spektor wrote:
Quote:

<0> <0>
______/
VVVVV

I will good sir ! LoL, LoL, LoL a most worthy smile made aboust my face from this Smile & much needed with such serious posts recently.....

I for one believe the Name P.W. is exactly perfect for what I am willing to be & happy once I get this Smile
horus1
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of horus1
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2015, Dr Spektor wrote:
Quote:

<0> <0>
______/
VVVVV

Nice one Dr!
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
It's MR. Darkness
1456 Posts

Profile of Darkness
You know I have never been afraid to speak up and I will continue to have opinions and little tolerance for the disrespectful among us. I made many points some you may get and some well... There is clearly a right way to debate (unfortunately it really doesn’t work here at all). Yes, I am definitely a peacemaker and sometimes I like to take it to the mat to make my point (guity as charged), but I do not often throw the first stone. I just like to throw them back because I am a little dark. How many of you would admit that?

You know I can be a nice guy. I apologize for lowering myself but it might not be the last, but that depends, do you really want a positive environment or just want to talk about it?

It's never a dull moment for me but I also like to back pat, give glowing reviews and cheer like the rest of you. I have even been accused of being too positive if you can believe that (mostly from the same challenging individuals). I have even been known to contribute in a positive and constructive ways. I have nothing to prove or be ashamed of.

Enable me to help you and support this place as it is meant to be and things may actually pickup...

Many people here are cloaked or wearing masks maybe now you are starting to understand?

Hope you were at least entertained it's what I do, even if my show was not for you.

Anyways Prof is bringing out something very special and I hope this thread stays up there without the negative drama.

I am always here in spirit....
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3778 Posts

Profile of The Curator
You can compare to the original edition. Perfect job Prof BC.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SPECTRE by Prof BC (259 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL