We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SPECTRE by Prof BC (259 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11~12~13 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Is it out!??!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
I don't think so, but that post made me look too!
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3793 Posts

Profile of The Curator
No, it's the real original first edition of the book at the Surnateum. Smile
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1353 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Still coding SPECTRE/SPECTER--which is currently on hold for a few weeks as I am getting the next Doppelganger (Phantom of the Opera) ready to release. But, yes, the Curator has accurately depicted both the look and use of SPECTRE/SPECTER--a 1917 book written on a Ouija board (literally) that will now become an Oracle in its own right--and right in your spec's hands without any leading, peeking, stooges, or ANYTHING tricky--they just open to whatever page they wish, think of an issue that troubles them, and the spirit of P.W. leads them to an answer. Beta tests have been wonderful, and I think you are going to like it very much indeed (if only for the actual backstory!) Here's a link to what the Smithsonian posted on T.S.T. in 2010: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-cultu....../?no-ist

The enormous job of editing (4,000 digital pages to 300 print pages) is finished and the layout is underway along with the coding. I still need to finish the coding/layout, printing, and binding before it is ready to age and release. Mid-to-late summer I'm thinking (but not promising!) This will be a Gemini Artifacts release.

Thank you for the interest. And, Curator, thank you for the always-of-interest historical backgrounds.

Best,
BC
Phasmologist
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3793 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Not to be confused with another Spectre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLzErPYUb-8
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2106 Posts

Profile of RCP
Two Spectre's coming soon. Both will be sought after.......one enjoyed by millions and the other by a select few.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4190 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, RCP wrote:
Two Spectre's coming soon. Both will be sought after.......one enjoyed by millions and the other by a select few.

and the one from B.C. will leave you shaken AND stirred!
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
2106 Posts

Profile of RCP
B.C., PROF B.C.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3793 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On Jun 1, 2015, RCP wrote:
B.C., PROF B.C.

PR007 BC.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Licensed to CHILL
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
388 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
May the Schwartz be with him, always!
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3793 Posts

Profile of The Curator
How did you die P.W.?

Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Patiently Worth waiting for...
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
2106 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On Jun 2, 2015, The Curator wrote:
How did you die P.W.?

At first I thought you had dropped a nacho on your first edition but after a closer look I see it's a clue. She died at the hands of Indians but I don't know the exact cause.
Uninvited
View Profile
New user
Chicago
64 Posts

Profile of Uninvited
Arrowhead poisoning.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3793 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Nacho poisoning perhaps...
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2015, The Curator wrote:
Nacho poisoning perhaps...

That's how I want to go.
Sir
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of Sir
Just out of curiosity, will Specter be aged as beautifully as the Dopps? I think I read that the book was published in 1917.
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1353 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2015, Sir wrote:
Just out of curiosity, will Specter be aged as beautifully as the Dopps? I think I read that the book was published in 1917.

SPECTRE will be aged, but this time by by the incomparable Vic Nadata of Gemini Artifacts, who has graciously volunteered to step in and take over that enormous job to free me to try to squeeze in MORE GH*ST (my M.R. James book effect) before year's end. I will still do all of the set up work for SPECTRE (layout, coding, sourcing paper, fonts, inks, and all the binding), but Vic will take it from a clean 'antiquified' modern book into the realms of antiquity. Anyone who knows Vic's work will appreciate that this final, all-important task is in the very best of hands.

Most of you know that Vic and I are close friends, and we have shared all of our aging secrets with one another over the years (oil of olay, porcelana, the works), and I am happy to have his valuable and expert help with SPECTRE.

And, yes, there will also be the expected signed-and-numbered CoA to accompany the SPECTRE release.

And, finally, SPECTRE will indeed work with the Doppelganger library as both an 'in-play' volume as well as a cunning 'convincer' while actually not being a Doppelganger book at all. That is right, it is a completely stand-alone effect/routine that doubles as part of the Dopps library without being a Dopps book. Trust the professor on this, had a bit of a brainwave on this at the beginning of the year that will make SPECTRE a very exciting release indeed.

Will be moving back to SPECTRE work this week as soon as the dust settles from the latest Dopps release (Ph.o.t.O.) My hope (no promises) is to have it in Vic's hands by early September for ageing work with the release to follow some weeks after that (ageing is VERY time consuming). Many thanks for your question and interest.

Best,
BC
Phasmologist
Sir
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of Sir
Thanks BC, for your quick and thorough reply. Smile

Wow, the potential to add three books to my library this year alone - that would be incredible! A copy of SPECTRE basking in the ruddy glow of a jack 'o lantern would certainly make for an entertaining Halloween. I wish you and Vic all the best of luck and good fortune in your labors.
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SPECTRE by Prof BC (259 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL