The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » My Evolution as a Busker (61 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
948 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2015, SugarRayRick wrote:
Hi Helder,

When you had only 2 or 3 participants. Did you still hat them? Or just used it as an opportunity to practice?

I'm hoping to hit the streets in the next month or so. I still have to pick up a table.

Rich

Yes, I still hat them.
Good luck for you.

Helder
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
948 Posts

Profile of helder
Day 4

Today I went to the pitch with very low expectations because it was day of football game.One of the main teams (Benfica) played today. I arrive there one hour before the game and it was little pedestrian traffic. I did some magic for kids, just bits and pieces for fun and returned home.

Here a pic with some of them:

And a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssv-MjMfmZo

Helder
SugarRayRick
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of SugarRayRick
I liked your use of the squeaker.

I notice the bell on your table. What do you use that for Helder??
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
948 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2015, SugarRayRick wrote:
I liked your use of the squeaker.

I notice the bell on your table. What do you use that for Helder??

It's the cause of some magic effects, for example, ambitious card, the card comes to the top because the bell. It's an idea of Jim Krenz, I think.

Helder
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
Also a thought of mine, just haven't found one at a flea market yet.
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
948 Posts

Profile of helder
Guys I'm back in the business. More on this soon.

Helder
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston MO
1419 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Good to see you back. Can't wait to hear your stories
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
What took you away to start with?
SleightlyChris
View Profile
Veteran user
Virginia Beach
368 Posts

Profile of SleightlyChris
Welcome back! I'll be back up and running again this come March! Glad to have you back
TonyBToronto
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of TonyBToronto
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, helder wrote:

Helder

Helder, good to see you back. I've been lurking anonymously on this forum for a few weeks, but your post made me want to sign up and register for an actual account.

I enjoyed your post and think you're doing a tremendous job. I probably don't have 1/100th of what you have in terms of talent, but my goal is to eventually do what you do and hit the streets.

Same goes for SleightlyChris. Looking forward to more posts from both of you.
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
948 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2017, cbguy wrote:
What took you away to start with?

Police and permits. I found another route.

Now, back in the business.
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
948 Posts

Profile of helder
Hi guys,

Today I did a few shows at a market in Lisbon.

Here's everything ready to start:

The show:

- Fiber Optics
- Ambitious Card
- Cups and Balls

And no alcohol, Smile:

Lessons Learned:

I need to become better at stop them.I'm too quiet. I have color, movement but need sound.I'm not confortable speaking very loud at this point of the show. During the show is ok, but at the start no. Is something that I need to overcome or find another alternative.
The jokes are good, I'm polishing them.

Anyway, here's a video of the ambitious card routine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOWlr1NMAIw
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
948 Posts

Profile of helder
Few notes about the routines:

- Fiber Optics

The presentation is better, in terms of method, probably a phase where the magic happens in there hands, will think more about it latter.

- Ambitious Card

This one as you can watch on the video posted above, everytime the card rises to the top, it's a single card, no DL. And this is something I like because when I show the top card there isn't any tension on my hands, I can perform the move with wind, throw it on the table, it's just one card, nothing can go wrong. And I can relax, keep my focus on the crowd, there isn't nothing to hide. Another thing, 1st and 2nd phases they don't see the sign card in the middle, they assume it's but in the 3rd phase I show them and in the 4rd phase ''it's in the middle'' face up, so there's an evolution in every phase. Another detail, look how I put the card on top of the deck as an in transit action after 2nd phase, not squared.I also force the card because I want a low spot card wich shows the signature better.
As you can see they shuffle the cards, I give small packets to 4, 5 persons, it's just to interact with them and make friends. Helps a lot

- Cups and Balls

This one kills them everytime. Now it's just a matter of polishing the lines, the timing of them.

Anyway, that's it. Let me know if you read and like this.

Helder
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
948 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2017, TonyBToronto wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, helder wrote:

Helder

Helder, good to see you back. I've been lurking anonymously on this forum for a few weeks, but your post made me want to sign up and register for an actual account.

I enjoyed your post and think you're doing a tremendous job. I probably don't have 1/100th of what you have in terms of talent, but my goal is to eventually do what you do and hit the streets.

Same goes for SleightlyChris. Looking forward to more posts from both of you.

TonyBToronto, soon or latter ( hopefully latter) we all will be dead. A bunch of bones inside a box with a nice suit. Do everything you can to enjoy life. Make everyday count.

Go out and try it. If things are not great , go out again and again. Day by day will get better.

Ah the talent. Don't worry about it. This is 90% hard work, 10% talent. You can do it. 👍👍
Helder
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
948 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2017, SleightlyChris wrote:
Welcome back! I'll be back up and running again this come March! Glad to have you back

SleightlyChris I always enjoy read your progress.

Thanks for your words

Helder
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1467 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Helder I see you have a referee whistle and you have problems to get the people?

Helder could you write down what you do to get a crowd? starting from nothing until you start with fiber optics.

or pm me
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
948 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2017, ROBERT BLAKE wrote:
Helder I see you have a referee whistle and you have problems to get the people?

Helder could you write down what you do to get a crowd? starting from nothing until you start with fiber optics.

or pm me

PM.

Thanks

Helder
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
Helder,
I can see in the video that you are good with people and that you like to interact with them and that they like you. This is a great gift - continue to exploit it and use it. Well done. I wish you continued success.
mrsmiles
(UK)
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
948 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2017, mrsmiles wrote:
Helder,
I can see in the video that you are good with people and that you like to interact with them and that they like you. This is a great gift - continue to exploit it and use it. Well done. I wish you continued success.

Thanks Smile

Helder
mike bonfield
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of mike bonfield
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2017, helder wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2017, mrsmiles wrote:
Helder,

Thanks Smile

Helder
Good Luck Helder my kindest Mike Alan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » My Evolution as a Busker (61 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL