The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My Card Pass ! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
james_thecanadian_magician
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of james_thecanadian_magician

the link above is a video snippet of me attacking a subject in magic that can scare some magicians. The card pass. Plz I'd luv to here feedback on this one. Any comments would be much appreciated.

thanks very much,
James
MichaelJae
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of MichaelJae
Sorry, can't give any feedback, couldn't see anything!! Your lighting is non exsistant!!
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

My apologies, I'll have to re-shoot this. thanks.
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

There's the new video of my Pass. I'd luv some feedback. It would be appreciated.

thanks very much,
James
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
Well, your camera isn't great, but
1) The way you gather the cards together looks weird
2) Your pass is too slow
3) the motion is not covered

Keep practising, give it one more year. Meanwhile, refrain from using it in real situations.

P!
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Ado,

thanx fo much for the feedback, it means alot. I will continue to practice and work on these things.
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
I think that your covering the deck to much and it looks like your doing a move. When you touch the deck the second you do that you should do the pass.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Too fidgety. But close. I think its good enough to perform in public unlike some of the others who posted.
As long as its covered with misdirection. Everyone wants to make an invisible pass because they can do it
when people are burning their hands. But if you go back and read all the classics they say that no one should
be looking at your hands when you do the pass. MISDIRECT PEOPLE!
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Kk thanks very much Chad. Yes I've been practising the pass for a long time now, it's all about the practise.
TysonUnruh
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of TysonUnruh
My pass is about like that. I try not to perform with it though because I'm paranoid. I instead do a turnover because I think its easier to cover.
R2D2
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of R2D2
I like it! I know what to look for and I think in real life I may have been fooled. So I think to a non-magician, it would have been fine.
I wonder if other people here are "thinking like magicians" too much. I could be wrong; I'm just throwing it out there.
Thanks for posting this.
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Thanks very much R2D2!
Simon Southern Moss
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Simon Southern Moss
I personally like your pass--and did not feel you covered the cards too excessively. In practice, a bit of patter and misdirection could easily override the sense you are manipulating the cards.
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Thanks so much Simon.

Yes ive been debating for some time whether I should do more cover, its an ongoing internal debate lol. all your points are true.
terryisaacs
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of terryisaacs
I think the pass is decent but it's hard to tell because of the angle of the camera. You flash a bit but I think it would be covered when a a person is looking down on the cards. I enjoyed the video regardless I may put one up myself.
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

U should put up a vid terry. id enjoy that, be nice to watch.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3417 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
What exactly are you pointing at with your left index finger???

FWIW
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
WooverM
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of WooverM
I liked it and found it very deceptive, I wonder how will it go on an full Ambitious routine...
Woover
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Thanks very much Woover!!
Zephury
View Profile
Elite user
Hollywood, FL
488 Posts

Profile of Zephury
I personally think the classic pass isn't the best move. No matter how fast you get, no matter how well covered you are, I don't think it's particularly natural. There are a few exceptions I'm sure of people who have spent many years working on it, but I don't think it's worth the effort. People should be misdirected when a pass is executed and doing a jerky movement or something unnatural and blow your misdirection and they don't even have to see anything, it's just the unnatural movement that lets them know SOMETHING happened. I advise exploring more natural means of doing the pass. One of my favorites is the Midnight Shift by Steve Draun. Not only is it nearly invisible with barely any practice, it's extremely natural and no one will look twice.

Just my advise. I'm no seasoned professional, but this is my opinion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My Card Pass ! (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL