The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » # Ker Sploosh (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
FINALLY....one of magic's greatest stage effects has been re-engineered for strolling magicians and bar workers.

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=28988

Let me know if you have any questions about this one. Every Working Magician or Serious Practitioner Should Consider This Practical, Compact, Stunning Gravity-Defying Miracle!

Cole

Ad Copy:

Now you can bring a classic stage effect into your strolling magic repertoire with equally enthralling results. It is custom-manufactured in sturdy acrylic, making the props nearly indestructible ensuring years of service.

EFFECT: An elegant shot glass is filled with liquid from a larger glass or tumbler. The mouth of the shot glass is covered with a borrowed playing card or business card and the whole unit is pivoted upside -down.

Amazingly, the card clings to the mouth of the glass and the liquid remains inside! The card is then slid away from the overturned glass....yet the liquid still stays inside, apparently defying the laws of gravity!

Finally, the glass and it's suspended contents are held over the larger glass or tumbler. On command, the liquid gushes from the shot glass into the waiting receptacle below.

Yes, it's the venerable Hydrostatic Glass in a new, more practical compact size.

The special shot glass and gimmick easily fit into a coat or jacket pocket, allowing the effect to be performed at a moment's notice, in practically any performing situation.

Imagine the stunned silence you'll create with this on-the-spot, out-of-the-pocket, miniature Hydrostatic Glass!
Use almost any type of liquid
Any playing card, business card, scrap of paper, coaster, etc. may be used or borrowed, since they are not gimmicked
Any type of tumbler or coffee cup may be used to fill the shot glass.....and may be borrowed since it is not gimmicked
# Ker Sploosh ! is bound to make a splash wherever you perform it.
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I don't get it.

The original trick worked because of the threat of a proper soaking.

A thimbleful of liquid is hardly a threat.

Also, a full size glass or beaker can easily fit in the pocket.

Am I missing something here? Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1045 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
How about the threat of a little sploosh on your spectator?
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Smile

Now you're talking!
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1078 Posts

Profile of taller8
What about defying gravity?
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1622 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
I particularly like the bullet points:

Use almost any type of liquid

Any playing card, business card, scrap of paper, coaster, etc. may be used or borrowed, since they are not gimmicked

Any type of tumbler or coffee cup may be used to fill the shot glass.....and may be borrowed since it is not gimmicked

And, all of the bars I perform in have elegant shot glasses just like this one!

Some folks will buy anything.

Smile
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4711 Posts

Profile of RNK
I actually like the idea and would much rather carry a glass this size than a regular size glass in my pocket. The hydrostatic glass effect can be strong one in layman's eyes. This would go great with Bill's Stabbed and Shot routine.

RNK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » # Ker Sploosh (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL