The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Return Of The (not so) Youthful Curmudgeon! - by Paul Chosse » » Not the run of the mill card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Question:

Hi to all magic friends
I want to hear some of your not every day kinda effects.
One of my personal favorites is the Razored Deck. I do not know who is the inventor of it, but it is a awesome trick. I fooled everyone at my IBM club meeting.
I learned it on Michael Ammars Topit Tapes. It is a great trick.
My second favorite trick is Iceman Cometh. I think Michael Ammar invented this miracle.
Both are incredible tricks but I am sure that there is a lot more out in the magical world.

I just wont to say I have been bitten by the Magic Café Bug. All I have been doing this week is reading and writing here at the Magic Café. It truly is the best magic forum site out there.

Bye for now

Paul's response:

The "Razored Deck" was originally a Himber effect called "The Big Trick", and involved the use of a gimmicked "something" - now a collectors item. The first attempt to "normalize" the props and add some interesting presentation was, I think, by Scotty York. I cannot remember which pamphlet, but the work was very good. Includes a bunch of sight gags etc. to dress the effect up. Scotty published several pamphlets in the late 70's that include SY on coins, SY's cups and balls, SY lecture notes, etc., all with intro's by none other than Charlie Miller X3!
Best, PSC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Return Of The (not so) Youthful Curmudgeon! - by Paul Chosse » » Not the run of the mill card effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL