The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » UV confetti cannon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
In my show I currently use a pyrotechnic at the end of a juggling routine in the dark using LED lit juggling equipment. It works well. The pyro sits on top of the box I put the equipment in at the end of the routine, with a 12V firing system inside, then I fire the pyro by remote, and its looks as if they have blown up.

I would like to achieve a similar effect in venues where I can't use pyro. I have thought about having a small UV light on top of the box shining upwards and then using a confetti cannon next to the light, to fire UV confetti above it. Would this work?

Could the confetti be seen with the UV source below not in front? Also could the whole thing be battery powered and remote fired? What do you think of this idea? Has anyone done anything similar?
Phil
Jay Alexander
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
28 Posts

Profile of Jay Alexander
Phil,

It sounds like a great idea. Yes it can work but you will need a powerful UV light.
Kevin Kelley
View Profile
New user
New York City
7 Posts

Profile of Kevin Kelley
Phil,
That should Definitely work, and is a great idea. But as stated, you will need a strong UV light. There is a UV flood on the market called WILDFIRE. I'm not sure where you'd put it, but it will do the trick. It's BEST when hung in front of the stage, but I'm certain it would work if used as a footlight, or maybe in the wings?
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Phil, The wildfire UV lights that Kevin Kelley mentioned are great lights. One that we have, that may work for you is their Effects Master Fluorescent Manual light. It is 4 ft long and puts out a good amount of UV. While it isn't as good as the long throw models, it does cover a wide area and would rest on the floor nicely or hand from its included brackets.

Wildfire's website is...
http://www.wildfirefx.com

Hope that helps.
Kevin
Living Illusions
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » UV confetti cannon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL