The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Lost Arts Curtis Cam Effect (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Http://lostartmagic.com/collections/down......rtis-kam

On the heels of offering up Misbehavin' Lost arts sent out an Email last night with 2 new downloads. My question about this one... Is this routine on any of his previous DVDs? or is it new? Just wondering, effect still looks good for $5
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
I don't recall seeing this on any of his prior CD's or as part of any of his written material. It is a very nice effect and not a knuckle to bust anywhere. I did find his spider vanish explanation worth the price of admission. As much as I don't like one effect items. This was well worth the money.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
That looks pretty sweet!
Eric Caldwell
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
156 Posts

Profile of Eric Caldwell
It is not on or in anything he has put out before.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Looks great, as always with Mr. Curtis Kam's magic. May I ask--what is it you need for this one?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
A new twist on an old plot with a C/S change in specs hand for kicker. Well worth $5 Smile

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Can one actually download this video? Or, must it be watched as a streaming video?
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
John, it's a download.

fonda57, I'll PM you.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I downloaded it also. Pretty sure the instructions were on the site (or it may be as simple as right click and "save as") I don't remember.

Smile Smile
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
They send you a link to the download.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Yup, "In Transit" is a piece I relied upon a lot when I started working tables and strolling parties. When I started shooting video for magicians, I didn't include it because it was my workhorse routine. Besides, everyone else was doing one version or another of the shell coins across already, so I figured that someone else would discover this combination on his own. After all, it's the two strongest commercial coin effects, both done with the most popular gaff.

Flash forward almost 20 years. People are still doing shell coins across, and variations have come out that get close, but none that get the full strength of the combination, IMHO. And I'm working a particularly drunken party, and what routine do I turn to? In Transit. I'm surprised to find that I can still do it, and that it still kills in all the usual places.

So now it's available, and I hope the low, low cost will allow everyone a chance to enjoy it.

Thanks for you interest guys, I'll check back here to see if anyone else has a question.

Curtis Kam
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I find it to be a true worker. It takes key elements from "Winged Silver" "Imagination Coins" and "C/S transpo" in the spectators hands and blends them together flawlessly into an astonishing piece of magic. As you state, At this low, low cost... Everybody should pick it up. I think it is already on the fast track to becoming a "Classic". I have had nothing but fantastic reactions so far. I leave home, it is in my coin purse ready to go. (By the way, I use Walker Halves and a Royal Magic (black and gold) half. Great contrast.

Thanks for releasing this one Smile

Smile Smile
TheHbomb
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of TheHbomb
I downloaded this right when it came out, because, come on-Curtis Kam. I think this is a great handling of an effect I was already doing, and this kicked it up a notch. There are a lot of other little tips that Curtis gives you along the way concerning coin magic in general, and I really enjoyed his progression of the phases, that broke up the "one coin goes across, then another coin, then another coin" repetition that can sometimes to be monotonous. Check it out when you get a chance.
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Curtis is very generous and this download really exemplifies that. I purchased "In Transit" like the day after it was released and can tell you, you'll get a lot of information, tips, philosophy and history and as others have said, you get a solid WORKER from one of our best.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Anything that Curtis puts out is practical, magical, and with great ideas and construction. Well worth the cost of the download. Gems like this don't come down the pike too often!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Lost Arts Curtis Cam Effect (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL