The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Exact change by Gregory Wilson for English currency (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
Hookland
502 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Does anyone have any experience of using Gregory Wilson's "Exact Change" with English currency at all please? The videos I've seen look fantastic but for English currency they state that it requires a "clever make shift idea" does that detract from the effect in any way?
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5942 Posts

Profile of george1953
Same question for euros, some of them are really small
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Haruspex
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Haruspex
I've used Exact Change with euro coins with the method Gregory recommends on the DVD, but this never felt as smooth as it should.
A few years ago I found the manufacturer of the changer on which the exact change gimmick is based.

I sent him a few mails asking if the disc in one of the slots could be made thinner allowing of an extra 20 cent coin to be used
If you have the effect you know what I mean.
After some back and forth mailing he confirmed to sell me an adapted changer, allowing for the extra coin.

So if the Exact Change gimmick is made with the same thickness plastic disc, and from what I can see by comparing the both: it is,
there should be enough thickness to shave off a little bit of material from one of the discs.If you are careful it might be possible to adapt the original gimmick.

Honestly this makes a massive difference and allows for the effect to be performed exactly as with dollar coins.
I don't know for Pound coins but probably a small adaptation like this may be done for these also.
domclarke
View Profile
Regular user
Windsor, UK
117 Posts

Profile of domclarke
I use UK currency: 3x 20p; 3x 5p, 3x5p, 3 x 1p. And then basically on the underside have a 10p and 1p attached with a bit of blu-tac. Covers options up 100.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Exact change by Gregory Wilson for English currency (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL