We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Some good news, for a change... (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Bowe Bergdahl charged with one count of *desertion with intent to shirk important or hazardous duty* and one count of *misbehavior before the enemy, endangering the safety of a command, unit or place*.

Now I can hope for his conviction and the sentence of life without parole in a new home in Kansas.

RIP:

Staff Sgt. Clayton Bowen
Pfc. Morris Walker
Staff Sgt. Kurt Curtiss
2nd Lt. Darryn Andrews
Pfc. Matthew Michael Martinek
Staff Sgt. Michael Murphrey
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Good news???

maybe just news.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
I had some good news today as a result of believing a story that a Gypsy told me.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Are you going to find a pot of gold?

this is more interesting news, and more troubling.
"Boehner said the "more troubling part of this" is the fact that the U.S. government traded five Taliban fighters for Bergdahl's release, and that recent reports indicate one has returned to the battlefield. He expressed concerns about other detainees held at the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, which President Barack Obama is working to close, "ending up back on the battlefield and threatening Americans here and abroad."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
“Once upon a time many years ago” said the Gypsy “I was working for a fellow doing a demolition job, which was the clearing of some buildings on a pig farm in the city. When the job was done the pig farmer did not have the money to pay for the job and so he gave the fellow some of the land as payment. The fellow left the city just after that and that land has just stood there ever since. It must worth something and if the fellow could be found and still owns it then one would probably get it cheap.” “What is this fellow’s name?” I asked. “Cross my hand silver and I will reveal the name.” replied the Gypsy. So I crossed his hand with silver and the Gypsy said “John”. The gypsy was not kidding, that is all he knew. I had to cross the Gypsy hand with silver again to find out where the land was. After some detective work I found the fellow and it worked out just as the Gypsy predicted. I got the deeds come today and have already been offered a pot of gold for less than half of it. So that is my good news for a change. All I am worried about now is the Taliban fighters invading my land.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
Good news???

maybe just news.

Ver-r-r-y good news; the man left his post; that's desertion.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2015, Bob1Dog wrote:

Yes, but the *misbehavior before the enemy* is the charge that could land his traitorous *** in prison for the rest of his life.

"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
Quote:
Good news???

maybe just news.

FWIW, a drop in the bucket.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/......ons.html

"More than 20,000 soldiers have been dropped from the rolls as deserters since 2006, Army data show. Totals for earlier years weren't available, but likely include thousands more."

(Another article I read estimates that over 8,000 deserted between 2001 and 2005.)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2015, balducci wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good news???

maybe just news.

FWIW, a drop in the bucket.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/......ons.html

"More than 20,000 soldiers have been dropped from the rolls as deserters since 2006, Army data show. Totals for earlier years weren't available, but likely include thousands more."

(Another article I read estimates that over 8,000 deserted between 2001 and 2005.)

Then it's about time we called one on the carpet for it then. Smile

Let's see how the courtmartial goes. I believe he'll be treated better than Private Slovik was and the sad thing is that I don't believe Slovik deserved what he got.

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17681 Posts

Profile of Slim King
LOGIC 101 ... just because people get away with it doesn't mean it's OK......

Why would anyone trade 5 top terrorists for this person?

Please explain. I can't.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2015, Slim King wrote:
LOGIC 101 ... just because people get away with it doesn't mean it's OK......

Why would anyone trade 5 top terrorists for this person?

Please explain. I can't.

Isn't it wrong to make deals/trade with terorists. I see that as a bigger crime, far bigger.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Hardly a "Drop in the bucket". The President as much as called him a hero. And that disgusting press conference with Bergdahl's father standing there looking like the Taliban. Who the h--- thought that was a good idea? The trade was yet another example of incompetent decisions this country has had to suffer for the last six and a half years.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2015, NicholasD wrote:
Hardly a "Drop in the bucket". The President as much as called him a hero. And that disgusting press conference with Bergdahl's father standing there looking like the Taliban. Who the h--- thought that was a good idea? The trade was yet another example of incompetent decisions this country has had to suffer for the last six and a half years.

Susan Rice, "honor and distinction"...

~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:

You measure the value of citizens by the appearance of their parents? Seriously?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:

You measure the value of citizens by the appearance of their parents? Seriously?

Bergdahl's father has denounced Democracy and defended Sharia law. Is that better?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bergdahl's father has denounced Democracy and defended Sharia law. Is that better?

Whatever happened to E Pluribus Unum and all that?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Whatever happened to E Pluribus Unum and all that?

Instead of going off on a tangent. Please explain why we wanted this man back. We broke the don't give into terrorists strategy and for what?. My God you would swear it was Hillary they had. Smile Of course we know why. Obama wanted to empty Guantanamo Bay and have his own way. So he took his ball and bat and went home.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Should America leave its solders behind after conflicts have ended?
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Quote:
the U.S. government traded five Taliban fighters for Bergdahl's release,

Not quite. This falls directly into the lap of the Obama administration, They ignored the constitution and made this trade without the approval of congress (U.S. Government). As someone else mentioned, we have been putting up with this administration's bad decisions for 6 and a half years. It's time for another CHANGING of AMERICA, this one isn't working out so well.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
^ +1

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Some good news, for a change... (17 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL