The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPearing Soon... » » New iOS App: Earworm - a YouTube and Spotify song prediction effect (117 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Dra_cu_la_
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Dra_cu_la_
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2016, fishfishfish87 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2016, Dra_cu_la_ wrote:
I have bought this app,but it doesn't work in China.

Do you not have youtube in China?

Chinese government bans the youtube web so we can not use it
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Hi all,

Despite an issue on the release of iOS 9.1, I'm pleased to say that Earworm works perfectly once more with all versions of iOS and with all listed music services.
This is thanks to the support of my users (Josh Clarke, plus some other kind people).
rodrigomc2000
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of rodrigomc2000
Still without understand before buy if it will work with any language and in any country...
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2016, rodrigomc2000 wrote:
Still without understand before buy if it will work with any language and in any country...

Yes, absolutely.
wizard75d
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of wizard75d
Hey All, I am thinking about buying this app but I just wanted to see if it would work before taking the plunge. The plan is to use a sven pad with very familiar songs. The spec would go to their phone and open to youtube, turning the volume all the way down. The spec then chooses their song from the pad. The reveal would be for them to turn up the volume on their phone and the chosen song is playing on their phone via youtube. I just want to check that this can be performed entirely hands off their phone. In other words can they open youtube, keeping their phone in their hand and suddenly the song is playing on their phone. I am obviously trying to be sensitive to the workings of the sven pad and earworm. Just need a bit of direction before spending the money. Thanks for your help in advance.
magic___lover
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magic___lover
If you're planning on doing that, you don't need ear worm.

If you're forcing a song, then, just put that song into their music app.

The beauty of earworm is that you don't have to force a song, they can think of anything.
wizard75d
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of wizard75d
Thanks magic lover, I just wanted to do the effect hands off the spectators phone making the song appear on their phone for the reveal. I take your point re the force though. Thanks again.
magic___lover
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magic___lover
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2017, wizard75d wrote:
Thanks magic lover, I just wanted to do the effect hands off the spectators phone making the song appear on their phone for the reveal. I take your point re the force though. Thanks again.

You can do exactly what you want without forcing a song with ear worm.

You ask them to open whatever music app they have on their phone and hand it to you. you type in your prediction. turn down the volume, show them the song is loading, place the phone face down.

Ask them to name the song. You never touch the phone again. They name it, ask them to turn the volume up. The named song is playing.

HTH
divomas
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of divomas
Earworm is phenomenal. Downloaded it yesterday and have had some of the best reactions I've got from a trick
wizard75d
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of wizard75d
Can I just clarify something with people who own this. To make this work as part of my routine, I do not want to touch their phone. Is this possible and still get the song to play on their phone? Thanks.
magic___lover
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magic___lover
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2017, wizard75d wrote:
Can I just clarify something with people who own this. To make this work as part of my routine, I do not want to touch their phone. Is this possible and still get the song to play on their phone? Thanks.

You don't touch their phone after the song has been selected.
wizard75d
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of wizard75d
Thanks again Magic_lover, I appreciate your patience. I am trying to routine this a little bit differently than advertised. I want to see if I can do this without EVER having to touch their phone? Thanks so much.
normative
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of normative
Methods for remotely forcing someone else's computing device to perform a specific operation without ever touching it are usually referred to as "hacking," and they tend to sell on the black market for a lot more than the cost of a magic app. So, alas, no. (Unless, I suppose, you expose the method by getting your spectator to do the dirty work themselves, which would sort of defeat the purpose.)

It occurs to me that there MIGHT be a way the author could make something SORT of like this possible (in an updated version of the app) where you get the spectator to do something with their phone for a seemingly unrelated purpose earlier on, maybe in connection with a totally different effect, and then later sneakily exploit that preparation to launch a named YouTube video. But any non-hacking method for this is always going to require that *somebody* give some very specific inputs to the phone, and even with a delay, a minimally savvy spectator is likely to realize there has to be a connection between what you asked them to do earlier and the effect you produced later, whether or not they have the technical knowledge to understand exactly how it works. So it'd be a whole lot of programming effort to introduce an option that ultimately wouldn't be any more deceptive.

If anything, it would leave the spectator *more* able to backtrack to the method. You want the spectator's question to be "how did he predict my song?"—that's magical! If you make the effect totally hands-off, the spectator is asking a totally different question: "how did they remotely control my phone to bring up that song?"—which reduces the effect to a technical puzzle. It sounds cooler in theory, but for an audience of moderate technical sophistication, it would actually end up being a much LESS impressive or deceptive trick.

Seriously, I wouldn't sweat this: the effect that's actually possible without violating the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act is still incredibly solid, and you have a well-motivated reason for asking to use their phone. They'll still be fried, especially if you use the accomplice variant.
wizard75d
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of wizard75d
I appreciate the input in respects to this question. I love using the Sven pad to force a song. I was looking for a nice reveal. Currently I get them to place their hands onto mine and I get them to imagine the song in their mind. Using the idea of the ideomotor phenomenon, I suggest that I can sense the rhythm or style of the song and divine it that way. It works well but I was looking for something with a bit more of a wow factor. It could be just me not emphasising the impossibility of it all. As a standalone effect, Earworm seems amazing. However, I think I will stick with the Sven pad for a more organic feel and work towards a different type of reveal. Thanks again.
normative
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of normative
Have you looked at Adam Wilber's decibel for that?

Quote:
On Sep 21, 2017, wizard75d wrote:
I appreciate the input in respects to this question. I love using the Sven pad to force a song. I was looking for a nice reveal. Currently I get them to place their hands onto mine and I get them to imagine the song in their mind. Using the idea of the ideomotor phenomenon, I suggest that I can sense the rhythm or style of the song and divine it that way. It works well but I was looking for something with a bit more of a wow factor. It could be just me not emphasising the impossibility of it all. As a standalone effect, Earworm seems amazing. However, I think I will stick with the Sven pad for a more organic feel and work towards a different type of reveal. Thanks again.
wizard75d
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of wizard75d
I did indeed. It looks like an excellent effect. Unfortunately, the environments I work in probably wouldn't lend itself well to Decibel? I could be wrong but from what I've read Decibel doesn't play well in noisy environments.
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
I have Decibel.
Should I buy this or the actual Decibel app, are they interchangeable?

H.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Hi all,

Earworm 2.0 is now on the App Store and brings lots of new features and changes since the last release.

As with all of my apps, Earworm 2.0 is a free update for existing users.

It’s available from the App Store here:
Download Earworm 2.0

Thanks!
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
And here’s a video of Earworm in action:

Earworm - Vimeo
rodrigomc2000
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of rodrigomc2000
This app is awesome, but would be nice that the Accomplice Page not mention the name / logo of Earworm, because sometimes we can ask for temporary help for a person but we do not want her to know the name of the app ! And also option to translate the instruction of this page for other languages!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPearing Soon... » » New iOS App: Earworm - a YouTube and Spotify song prediction effect (117 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL