The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pack Smart Play Anywhere - The Complete Pro Package (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott Magic
Lost footage - FOUND! During a rare convention appearance in the UK a couple years ago four cameras were rolling while I delivered what many would later say was the best lecture they had ever attended. That high definition footage was lost and then found - and arrived in an unmarked package at my doorstep in the form of a hard drive.

The Pack Smart Play Anywhere Show (including book, props, DVD) will soon be available to ALL performers. Info coming soon to subscribers of Bill Abbott Magic.

http://billabbottmagic.com/online-store/Newsletter.html
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
More Bill Abbott? Yes please!
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Any other info Bill?
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
He likes to do his own scoops, which is bad form.

Then he consistently fails to follow up.

That naughty man.

Tommy Skoops
Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Just followed up.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Better than following through. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4279 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Was there an email? I don't see any.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3375 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, Blindside785 wrote:
Was there an email? I don't see any.

Haven't heard anything from Bill through email. Perhaps he hasn't sent any notification yet.

What's happening Bill?
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
674 Posts

Profile of smullins
I have the books and props which I received from Bill at a lecture. It's VERY smart, well structured and can teach you a TON.

Even if you never perform the routines Bill explains (which are all great), you'll walk away with GREAT examples in: show structure, scripting, entertainment, packing for a show, and being prepared.

It's worth EVERY penny.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
He released this tease awhile ago
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2995 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Hmm, I'm on his email list, but nothing about this yet. Sounds interesting, though.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Closer to the release date and I'm excited to share my Justified Centre Tear as part of the Pack Smart Play Anywhere package! Been doing it for years and have only privately taught a handful of people. And the folks that saw the exclusive lectures in the UK.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Anything from Bill is a worker. Very excited!
Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Down Yonder
242 Posts

Profile of Red Neck Magician
I AGREE. Looking forward to getting this.
Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Pack Smart Play Anywhere

It all began when I came to the realization that I didn't want to make more than one trip from the car to the show venue. I was performing 6-7 birthday parties on weekends and the set-up and tear down time was at a premium. To race to and from the car multiple times wasted time, energy and put me in a hurried state of mind. Plus many of the homes and venues I was performing in were huge and there were many occasions where I had to walk a lot farther to the performing area than I expected. I also realized that if I was relaxed and not out of breath from lugging heavy bags and equipment, my performance was that much better. At the end of my 'kids show career' I was packing a 45-60 minute show in a small camera case with a tripod stand that all weighed about 18 pounds and was commanding $500 a performance. It was through constant performing that I came to the conclusion that by packing light meant I had an incredible amount of mobility, freedom and energy to focus on what I was paid to do - give the best performance of magic I could deliver.

When I first started developing and performing my adult show for private and corporate audiences a lot of things were different than the family shows I was use to. The size of the audiences were much bigger. The audience was much more discerning and desired a much different form of entertainment than I was use to providing for my family show audiences. The new market also demanded that I travel a lot farther to perform and I was not only using my car to get to the gigs, but I would sometimes have to travel by train, plane and taxi. My new clients were also paying me significantly more than my past ones and the expectations were much higher. To be mobile in this new performance arena I had to pack small. I also had to have much harder hitting routines and effects to impress and entertain in this new market. So I had to consider the size of the props, but more importantly I had to consider the size of the potential effect and impact on the audience.

The Pack Smart Play Anywhere show will be released next week to subscribers only. If my work in this interests you, you should be on the mailing list to be the first to access this information. Go to http://www.billabbottmagic.com/online-store/Newsletter.html and add your email.
Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

The Pack Smart Show Package

The material in the provided book and DVD along with the props provided in the complete pro package consist of some of my a-list material for adult audiences and has the distinct quality of packing very small and playing huge. The concept is like James Bond. James Bond could take down an evil dictator or insane nuclear scientist or even an army with a few cool gadgets, fast reflexes and quick thinking. That's what the "Pack Smart Play Anywhere" mindset is all about. How to do the most with the least. Each one of the pieces have been performed for audiences of up to 2500 people but have also been performed at countless informal house parties for smaller groups as well. And as you will see they all fit in a small zippered carrying case (provided in the pro pack!).

Packing small and playing big is relatively simple, but not altogether effective. What I hope to convey through the routines and advice given is a sense that if you pack smart you can play anywhere, at anytime for any audience.
Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Had a few questions about what the Pack Smart Show is, who is it for, etc.

The Pack Smart Play Anywhere show is not intended to replace your existing stand-up show, if you already have one - but it could! I use the Pack Smart Play Anywhere show for house parties, informal gatherings, smaller corporate and company events and most importantly, what I designed it for - when I’m on the road or in the air as a killer back up in case of lost luggage, or for when I need a transition from close-up to a more formal stand-up performance at a gig, or for spur-of-the-moment show opportunities!

When you're on vacation and not planning to perform, the PSPA show is so lightweight and takes up so little space it’s just a no brainer to bring along - in case there’s a talent show at the resort, or an opening in the entertainment schedule that could lead to greater things!

If you go out to a dinner party or casual social gathering you can throw the PSPA show in the glove box of the car. That way you’re ready for a solid 35 min. chunk of entertainment should the opportunity present itself. And for me that opportunity has presented itself several times and I’m so glad I’ve been prepared, as it has led to more bookings and interest in my services.
magical expressions
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magical expressions
For the people that bought the pack at the lecture, is the dvd available as a stand alone product item?
Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

There will be two packages, the Complete Pro Pack with all the props, dvd, book, etc. and the other is just the dvd and book set.
Bill Abbott Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

We will be sharing information on the Pack Smart Play Anywhere pro pack release tomorrow to subscribers. Add your email here if you haven't already. http://t.co/pYPNycU3dp
The official release will be on Friday May 15th 9AM EST.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pack Smart Play Anywhere - The Complete Pro Package (18 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL