The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » "Letter from most illustrious ..." ??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Got an email purporting to be from SAM National President McDonald requesting a donation. Is this genuine, or some sort of scam? (click on the links in the email & it takes you to a phony SAM site - that kind of thing). Not that I mind being asked for a donation, or donating for that matter, but the email seemed just possibly a bit suspicious.
DonKnox
View Profile
New user
Oceanside, CA
33 Posts

Profile of DonKnox
It appears to be on the level - as long as you sign in to the SAM site as you regularly do - there should be no problem. It is when you are asked to click on a link that the phishers provide that you start to get skinned.
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
I contacted Manon Rodriguez at the S.A.M. The letter is legitimate.
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
This economy has been especially hard on both organizations. Both are struggling through major drops in memberships, struggling to keep membership affordable, and constantly rising costs. If each I.B.M. and SAM member would make an effort to recruit just one new member a year, it would make a massive difference. The leadership of these two guilds are working hard to keep them around for future magicians. Count me in!

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Colonel Clark
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa, AZ
127 Posts

Profile of Colonel Clark
No response from SAM?
Colonel Clark
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa, AZ
127 Posts

Profile of Colonel Clark
If SAM is really in need of funds, they should at least find a better way than their current email concerning 2015 dues. This is the second year in a row that they have sent me incorrect data links. I will pay when I get a proper invoice in the mail.
MagicalEducator
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of MagicalEducator
I would have liked to have seen a more coordinated and better communicated campaign. My local executive knew nothing of the request until it was shared by the membership. Happy to support but would like some more details.
Voted "Canada's Most Inspirational Magician"
www.MagicalEducator.com

Check out my column "Magic is Education" in Vanish Magazine
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » "Letter from most illustrious ..." ??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL