The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (145 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..13..17..21..25..29..30~31~32 [Next]
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I don't mind that to be honest. I don't claim to be a paranormalist. But I can see why you would think that... Keep in mind the evp presentation is just I thing you can do with this gimmick
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
I do agree with Kevin about the name and if you can I would change it. Even if people don't buy it they will still know by search that it's a magic 'trick'. Especially as they get to keep the recording and will be telling people and showing (people will be more likely to search about/for it) as they will be fascinated - especially if people know you are a magician.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Where I can see the concern I also feel that there is such a wealth of information in he subject online already that this may be harder to find than one would expect.. Would have been fun giving it a code name though lol
geggy
View Profile
Loyal user
Brighton UK
236 Posts

Profile of geggy
Or. . . During performance . . Wait for it. . You don't mention. . .EVP. . . . Genius. .
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2462 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2015, geggy wrote:
Or. . . During performance . . Wait for it. . You don't mention. . .EVP. . . . Genius. .

but... that's what the phenomenon is actually called. soooooo.... yeah.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
556 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Is it fully customizable to the point where the "spirit" can reveal the spectators card??
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2015, the Sponge wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2015, geggy wrote:

but... that's what the phenomenon is actually called. soooooo.... yeah.

The phenomenon? Eh? It doesn't really happen...
tricku
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of tricku
I have pre-ordered as soon as I viewed the Video.....Let's see... I hope I am not let down again.
Magic OZ

Magic Oz Magic Circle close up comedy Magician Hypnotist
www.magicianhampshire.org

www.magiciansurrey.com

www.magicianlondon.org.uk

www.magiciankent.co.uk

www.magicianmiddlesex.uk
darus
View Profile
New user
Italy
15 Posts

Profile of darus
Hi Alan,
Any news about blackberry?
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2247 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Just saying - If your spectator is going home and looking up how you did the trick, that's on you, not the trick.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
??? Yeah it is the trick because it's called evp - and that's what is being captured is an 'evp'. Unless you go to strangers (who already do not know who you are i.e a magician - who performs tricks) and do this having to explain for people what EVP's are, how they are captured etc, then people possibly wouldn't question this as a 'trick' as it's that strong and convincing (so may not decide to try and look it up - as it's real phenomenon which is genuinely out there) HOWEVER the moment they know you are a magician wether it be through reputation, performed to other guests at event etc etc this instantly becomes a trick. The fact that it's on their phone and they keep playing it is even more intriguing to them as far as the technology in how this works - making them more determind to try and work it out (as it had to be a trick to them - because your a magician - not a paranormal investigator) so that's when the searching on google starts and they will find it.

Even if they don't know the exact technology used to produce the voice, won't matter as they now see/know it's a 'trick' you can buy and wasn't real after all.
Lonnie-Lyerla
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Lonnie-Lyerla
Unfortunately after I googled EVP phone trick, Alan's EVP was the second link from the top. But I also agree that if you have your spectator questioning your performance, than that's most likely not a strong performance. Or poor crowd management. This is definitely worth the price. Imagine doing some mentalsm routine that reveals their birthday or special personplace. And then hittin em with EVP. You will have a solid performance with an unforgettable souvenir, plus one hell of a story.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Lol - it's not about you giving a good enough performance etc. if your a magician and your spectator knows you are a magician who performs 'tricks' then anything you perform will be a TRICK - no matter how clever convincing it is etc. this is the way people think - fact. The only way you can get away with this and them possibly not thinking this is a trick, is in my example above for no one that knows you as a magician - and this is a stand effect ALONE with doing any other 'Tricks' to follow.

Yeah they will think it's good, clever, spooky (as entertainment and a trick) etc and yes will try and work it out (just like they do with all the other magic tricks you perform because magic is like a puzzle they try to work out) but the reality of it is this will be associated as a clever trick using technology IF performed and played incorrectly - no matter how good of a performer you are
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Lets not move into this debate tricks or miracles etc... The trick is called evp and if a spectator trawls to grouch all the information on the subject online to find this one little niece market then if say they have more of an interest in magic than most magicisns.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Ive never seen a bad Alan Rorrison trick actually.
Everything I have of Alan's is great, and he has very good customer service. I'll be getting this.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2462 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2015, Alan Rorrison wrote:
Lets not move into this debate tricks or miracles etc... The trick is called evp and if a spectator trawls to grouch all the information on the subject online to find this one little niece market then if say they have more of an interest in magic than most magicisns.

No. Maybe they just want to find out more information on EVPs! Again, this is it they call it, so you you do an amazing thing, they believe it was real, they are intrigued with the concept, they go online to research more and ... oh, it was just a trick.

S
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Haha - your right Alan about the interest etc. I think a lot of the time performers forget how lay people think, and in a way understandable as our mindset is of a magician. Please as I am constantly mentioning this on other threads, that you entertaining as a magician is a performance of 'tricks' and the material you use. If you think that you can then bring into play something other of a mentalism nature, psychic, paranormal etc please don't think that your audience will then think this 'could' be real because in their eyes and mind it's just a trick. A clever one which they can't work out, but at the end of the day just a trick.

What is the point in performing this if you want your audience to know and believe it's a trick - exactly you wouldn't. You think it's going to get the freaked out reaction as you have seen in the vids doing this after card to wallet? No it won't, maybe for a second but then it goes into "hmm that's clever I wonder how he managed to get that voice on there" So if your going to use this use it, use it wisely and don't perform it as a magician. It's rare that there is a time and place for certain effects and this is one of them.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
The sponge. I think ur missing the point. What I mean is. If they Google evp they will need to swim through a mass of normal info on standard evp. Let's face it, if a spectator wanted to find out about any trick they could on Google given the right motivation. Most don't see it as an issue .
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Have I really just read suggesting not to say EVP in the performance?!?! you have to say evp because you have to explain what EVP's are, why they work and the science behind it to the real and genuine phenomenon that it is. Most people unless genuinely into the paranormal or paranormal investigators (like me) may have heard of it but doesn't actually know what it means but more importantly what it stands for! So you are giving a demonstration of what an EVP is and how you conduct the calling out technique carried out when actually doing a real paranormal investigation. So for it to even be the slightest believable it's key you give a good background on what an EVP actually is.

So then they know your a magician and now going to perform something a little different. They are so amazed when they hear the voice NOT because they think it's paranormal but how the hell have you magically got a voice on their phone. So all they do is search evp phone trick and there you go (1st page of any search engine)
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Just and a side point. Google any of this :
Refilling soda can magic
Pen through bill
Linking polos / lifesavers
Floating card
Floating rose

Infact just about any magic description and you will find it. With your theory magic should be dead in the water and everything is a non starter. It is just aime not what spectators do
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (145 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..13..17..21..25..29..30~31~32 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL