The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..16..19..22..25..28..30~31~32 [Next]
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Hi I see your from Glasgow, I was actually investigating Edinburgh vaults last October. The real history of that place is incredible, unbelievable and quite sad to think what used to take place etc BUT can understand why this place is so active (obv exception of that night) and one of UK's most haunted locations. Unfortunately no real time activity, EVP's or anything on the camera's but plan to go back at the end of the year. I don't want to high jack this thread with any personal info distracting from Alans effect, but PM me if genuinely interested.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) are sounds found on electronic recordings that are interpreted as spirit voices that have been either unintentionally recorded or intentionally requested and recorded. Parapsychologist Konstantīns Raudive, who popularized the idea in the 1970s

ARH, the ole Raudive voices, I was very interested in Electronic Voice Phenomena in the early 80s and tried to take several tape recording's,i do beleive you could set up a speical radio? to pick them up.Sometimes I thought I may of heard voices and I think because I wanted it to be true then I think that can convince you that what you are hearing is indeed spirit voices.I am still interested and open minded in any spiritual or pychic phenomena to this day,i was an associate for the the society for psychical research ,i studied odic light phenomena?, not sure if that is the right trm,so long ago,crystal ball gazing ,but using a bowel of water ,very interesting light and cloud patterns emerged ,STOP sorry to ramble on. As said I am opened minded but proberly more skeptical then I was when I first was interested and studying parapsychology ,great stuff Prince being an investigator the world would definatly be a dull place with out mystery.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Today is the day folks. Enjoy
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I saw I saw.. UGH but one other thing tht I want to order with this in still out... UGH!
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
The description says it can be performed sleeveless, but in the video I can't see an example of a sleeveless performance. Is it harder to do sleeveless than with sleeves? I ordered it from Saturn Magic... Now I'll just have to wait... Really looking forward getting it Smile.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
It's just as easy to do it sleevless
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
556 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Bring on the reviews!
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Yes pls at least 1 review Smile
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1042 Posts

Profile of sbays
Can you have a series of "responses" that can be set up? Meaning, I can get several answers to questions in one performance?
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
YesManQ8
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of YesManQ8
@sbays Do you mean: set several answers to a question and during performance you get to choose which one is played?
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, PRINCE wrote:
Really? I don't get why anyone would want to perform this as a trick? What's the point?

Why would anyone watch a horror movie when they know they're only watching actors on a screen? Answer: because it's creepy and people love to get creeped out.

Apart from that, thanks for your posts I have actually laughed out loud at a few of them. I wonder what particular scientific discipline involves the study of EVP? Ummm, that would be none. Science after all is the study of the laws and substance of the natural world, a supernatural phenomena by definition would fall outside of the realm of science, so please stop referring to your mumbo jumbo as science LOL. Smile For god's sake, scientists have a hard enough time obtaining funding to study cancer let alone searching for ghost voices. Smile

I did also have to wonder....considering you're able to catch intelligible ghost voices answering questions, what are you even doing reading this thread? You don't need it, you've got the real thing. LMAO. You're a classic man, seriously thanks for the laughs. Smile

This does look very good, I think barring any hideous reviews I'll definitely pull the trigger on this one.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
But Zuke, they have "lingo" that can change the rules of grammar. Powerful stuff.
James

Quote:
On Apr 1, 2015, Zuke wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, PRINCE wrote:
Really? I don't get why anyone would want to perform this as a trick? What's the point?

Why would anyone watch a horror movie when they know they're only watching actors on a screen? Answer: because it's creepy and people love to get creeped out.

Apart from that, thanks for your posts I have actually laughed out loud at a few of them. I wonder what particular scientific discipline involves the study of EVP? Ummm, that would be none. Science after all is the study of the laws and substance of the natural world, a supernatural phenomena by definition would fall outside of the realm of science, so please stop referring to your mumbo jumbo as science LOL. Smile For god's sake, scientists have a hard enough time obtaining funding to study cancer let alone searching for ghost voices. Smile

I did also have to wonder....considering you're able to catch intelligible ghost voices answering questions, what are you even doing reading this thread? You don't need it, you've got the real thing. LMAO. You're a classic man, seriously thanks for the laughs. Smile

This does look very good, I think barring any hideous reviews I'll definitely pull the trigger on this one.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Michael Jay
View Profile
Regular user
Toledo, Ohio
168 Posts

Profile of Michael Jay
I'm going to wait for EVP 2.0

Mike.
You can get the latest issues of Top Hat by clicking here.
Visit us on FaceBook by clicking here.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7485 Posts

Profile of pegasus
At least wait for a couple of reviews, Mike. Lol.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Does anyone know if this can be done without a confederate? Thanks.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
It can be done with or without
MediocreMagician
View Profile
New user
Australia
35 Posts

Profile of MediocreMagician
I've ordered mine, I don't think the name is such a big deal that can't be concealed with presentation. A very cool effect and I'm looking forward to some of the unique takes people come up with on here. Great work Alan!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2015, MediocreMagician wrote:
A very cool effect and I'm looking forward to some of the unique takes people come up with on here.

YES, Me Too!
After, reading some of the posts on this thread ...

"The sponge ball, is in his right hand", EVP's. LOL
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I researched EVP a couple of years ago and found the very best evidence (recordings) lacking and too ambiguous to make sense of. If the recordings weren't subtitled or explained, I'd have no idea what words they were claiming to have recorded. It seemed to me to be paradoilia.

That said, this sounds interesting. I'd like to know if it can be performed like the trailer in the accomplice free version?
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, Sean Giles wrote:
I researched EVP a couple of years ago and found the very best evidence (recordings) lacking and too ambiguous to make sense of. If the recordings weren't subtitled or explained, I'd have no idea what words they were claiming to have recorded. It seemed to me to be paradoilia.

Spot on, Sean ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..16..19..22..25..28..30~31~32 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL