The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (145 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..18..21..24..27..30~31~32 [Next]
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, markhitton wrote:
Is this hookup really necessary?
Why do you talk about noise ?
Smile

I haven't got mine yet, but I guess there has to be a place where the "ghost voice" is coming from. If the surrounding is totally silent, there would be a chance someone hear the voice while recording, and not only when listening to the recording. I think you'll need at least some background noise for this to be fool proof?
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Back on certain points in a bit, but the noise issue because of the overlap when the 'evp' gets recorded over the natural ambient noise in your environment
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
344 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Yes unfortunately the hook up is nessesery and if you use this in a silent environment the chances of being Sussex out are pretty high this is even admitted in the explanation by the way there was no DVDs with mine the ad said gimmick and dvd but I never got a DVD just a code to log on to watch the instructions ect,which I must say are top notch everything about the instructions are very professional
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
344 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Back to the noise issue,obviously I cant divulge too much but it's not just the recorded voice that will be noticed in a really quiet environment.
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
344 Posts

Profile of AceFace
I'm so gutted because this was going to be my reputation maker...the design and quality of the gimmick is probably the best I have seen for a long time,your not just getting a arts and craft project you are getting professional equipment it's just a pity I'm not going to be able to customise it how I want or use it in the place I want.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
What does "hookup" mean? What is hooked up to what? Hooked up to the phone? I was just about to order this morning but now I have stepped back. Please clarify and PM me if you have to.

As for Prince, he is clearly an attention hoar (intentionally misspelled) and continually tries to drive the discussion for his own needs. Enough already. No one cares. We are not ghost hunting here. FFS.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Jaizon I agree with you I am with the finger on paypal button pls prince talk about the gimmick !
I want to buy but this hookup make me remember ultracinese groove.
Then the noise issue .do I need a cover for the sound ?
I thought to do the effect with the gimmick inside my pocket but these 2 points must be explained better Smile
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Jaizen haha love it 👍 if you bother to read the thread and take an interest, you will see I am consious of not wanting to flood this thread with person info - as I pointed out a few posts back. As for mis spelling that's the result of quick typing on your phone (but let's not get childish and nit picking on spelling etc) I don't need the attention far from it - just continuing to make very valid points regarding the performance of this and the link between this and what this is based around to try and replicate what an actual EVP is and would sound like.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
P.s if no one cares then don't keep coming back with challenging replies looking for the confrontation to be corrected.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well I don't mind a hook up too much as long as it's comfortable and can be worn for a long period of time. In any type of attire
YesManQ8
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of YesManQ8
Does the ghost sound actually come from the spectators phone? Also can someone explain more about the "hookup" that needs to be worn and the noise issue people are talking about?
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, YesManQ8 wrote:
Does the ghost sound actually come from the spectators phone? Also can someone explain more about the "hookup" that needs to be worn and the noise issue people are talking about?

I think the voice comes from the gimmick, but probably at very low volume so spectators won't hear it. But the phone will, if held close enough the gimmick. Just guessing here, but that's the only explanation I have.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Oh wow. This is going to be perfect for me. I am already into the paranormal as it is, and everybody I know is aware of what "EVP's" are, AND have smart phones. I almost don't want anybody to look at this as a "magic effect", but I want them to look at Iit as something "paranormal" is actually happening. My son and I recently posted a video on Facebook in where we did an "investigation" in our home at night. As we went along the house, I asked questions like "if anyone is here make your presence known", and with my own voice, would whisper "get out", and a few other "responses". I did this as a joke thinking no one would fall for this, and half of the people who watched it thought it was real. My friend who actually lived in this house before me said "wow, you're having strange things happen too? Weird stuff happened when I lived there!!!" Now I'm thinking he better be kidding! !! Anyway, if people fell for that, this is going to be INCREDIBLE!....I can not wait until I get this.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
This may have been asked already and apologize if it has but is the gimmick similar to the "Ringtone" gimmick by (I could be off here) Adam Grace?
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, nattefrost wrote:
Oh wow. This is going to be perfect for me. I am already into the paranormal as it is, and everybody I know is aware of what "EVP's" are, AND have smart phones. I almost don't want anybody to look at this as a "magic effect", but I want them to look at Iit as something "paranormal" is actually happening.

And a conning, "ghost hunting" charlatan is born. Natte, if you don't eventually tell your "spectators" that this is a trick, they become your victims. Intentionally lying to people about how the universe works like this is deeply unethical. I'll be hoping you find your moral compass, or else people figure out, expose, and humiliate you.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
AutarchicFlux- these people are all my close friends and family, and they will know I had something to do with it. Being "deeply unethical how the universe works" is going a tad bit too far. That's hilarious.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Anyone else has something to say about the product that might have gotten it already? Mine shipped today so eagerly waiting.
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
304 Posts

Profile of ManchurianMan83
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, nattefrost wrote:
AutarchicFlux- these people are all my close friends and family, and they will know I had something to do with it. Being "deeply unethical how the universe works" is going a tad bit too far. That's hilarious.

Besides, what's wrong with adding a bit of mystery back into the world?

As long as you're not charging people money for it so they can 'speak to dead relatives' and you're not actually hurting anyone and it's all for entertainment who cares if it's 'claimed to be the spirit world'....

It's ALL a con at the end of the day so there's no true moral high ground to take here.
claiming the voices on the phone are ghosts is no more unethical as claiming the two of clubs vanished or changed into a different card.
You're still conning them into believing one truth you want them to believe while simultaneously executing another behind the scenes.

They can go away and make their own minds up as to whether the card 'really' vanished or if the voices were 'really ghosts' and come to their own personal conclusions.
Why spell it out for them?
'BTW, this is a trick!'
That's silly!

Ethics comes into play when you start 'scamming' them ie charging them money to make them believe they are now communicating with lost family members.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7752 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Communicating with lost family members over an iPhone? They deserve to be scammed if they believe that. Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I have a scary carmen story that I hops I can use with this and if not I'll follow scream by Jamie dawn with this..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (145 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..18..21..24..27..30~31~32 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL