The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..20..23..26..29..30~31~32 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ah yeah. Casper was friendly..
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
I noticed in a previous post by AceFace who had received this effect that he was returning it for he felt it wasn't usable in a quiet place and Alan you said there was no noise,could you please clear this up
Cheers Tim
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I've used this in absolutely silent rooms. You do need to adjusts volume depending on where you are and it is easy to adjust it for a silent room
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
244 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
If I understand things correctly, the gimmick is set up initially and any subsequent changes are made with a program for a PC, Mac or in the near future for a smart phone- yes?
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Thanks for the reply Alan,4 minutes what kept you lol
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
You set the gimmick to your own preference when you get it but we have a base routine ready in the tutorial section which will be up soon. I'm also nearly finished makng a small app to help other people out
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well I know mine it's taking its time getting to my deployed location so if you do manage to offer a digital anything to download to anyone that can provide proof of purchase that would be great. I have good hopes for this effect. I plan to use it just as advertised in the demo so that plus the prank vid I saw I think it's a worker for me.
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2015, Alan Rorrison wrote:
You set the gimmick to your own preference when you get it but we have a base routine ready in the tutorial section which will be up soon. I'm also nearly finished makng a small app to help other people out

That's nice! I haven't got mine yet so I'm not sure what the gimmick is and what it does. But it would be cool if your app allowed some standard voices with an option to add your own. Also some programmable presets, say 4-5 presets that are triggered by knocking your phone while in the pocket. 1 knock plays the first preset, 2 knocka the second and so on. Don't know if it's needed, just an idea while waiting for mine to arrive. Smile
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Tring UK
333 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Hi guys and gals
those of you that purchase this are not going to be unhappy,you are getting a really well made gimmick with professional equipment.it just was not right for me. I wanted and thought is was going to be an effect I could just take with me wherever I went and use at a moments notice....you can do all these things but you need to be set up in order to do this,I'm sure a majority of you won't mind being hooked up whenever you want to do this for me this is not the type of effect you can just do on the fly there are things you need to consider,like Alan said you can adjust the noise level for different situations but I'm not sure how you do this with your spectators standing with you this is why you need to plan when your going to use this so you can make the nessesery adjustments for each situations. I think the fact that Alan is offering a download of all his recorded voices ect is great because I can't be the only person out there without a Mac or pc so I have to give him a big thumbs up for taking all these things onboard 👍,that is proper customer service. I would still want complete control and the ability to choose exactly what I want to appear on my spectators phone hopefully Alan will offer a solution for this so you guys who don't have access to a Mac or pc will be able to use this gem to is full potential. You people that purchase and put this to proper use are going to completely baffle and confuse your spectators and in some cases scare the living day lights out of them. Alan I hope you think I'm being fair with my opinions.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
No worrys. 8 tend to just hook it I to my jacket. Takes seconds and I'm ready to all night. Adjusting audio takes only a second or two when you walk I to a room too. We do go over how to do that on the instructional .
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
725 Posts

Profile of roblane
Ten pages in, demo watched thrice, paypal button pushed. Can't wait!
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Thanks, Alan. I'm gonna give it a try.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
On the fence !
Waiting for more customer reviews ...
Not, on card reveals tho ! lol

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Please no card reveals... U can but its not the strongest thing to do lol
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5654 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Except maybe a tarot card. Smile
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2015, Tom Cutts wrote:
Except maybe a tarot card. Smile

Though the death card might result a premature ending to the trick!
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1004 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I've had the chance to watch the instructions and quickly play with the gimmick (it's a friends, so I won't comment on that). All I can say is that the method itself is similar to what I thought and although the moment you receive it you might initially think this could be convuluted, Chris goes through the instructions well and you realise it would only take around 20 seconds to put in place and then there pretty much is no reset!

There are some changes you might have to do depending on the conditions but those are incredibly easy to do. In the performance, the guy actually "exposes" the method slightly but it's fun to see how they handle it and how the girls talk themselves out of the general range of it. Anyways, without commenting too much on reactions/how great the gimmick is, I can confidently say that I think most (95 %) of people who purchase this will use it incredibly often. It's a worker and I am definitely purchasing one tonight!
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of 13
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2015, kevin carmean wrote:
I love this but my biggest problem is the name? BIG MISTAKE!! You should have called it anything else but not EVP or anything to do with EVP in the title. When people talk about this after your performance(which they will no doubt), anyone who is familiar with EVP's will do a quick search on their phone "EVP trick" and find out instantly that it's not only is a trick but they can buy it for themselves!! This great effect has been shot down even before its release.

AGREE ... Bad name
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I do not want people using this as anything but a trick so let's say the name serves a purpose
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2015, 13 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2015, kevin carmean wrote:
I love this but my biggest problem is the name? BIG MISTAKE!! You should have called it anything else but not EVP or anything to do with EVP in the title. When people talk about this after your performance(which they will no doubt), anyone who is familiar with EVP's will do a quick search on their phone "EVP trick" and find out instantly that it's not only is a trick but they can buy it for themselves!! This great effect has been shot down even before its release.

AGREE ... Bad name

Why is it a bad name? If you're afraid of being exposed by googlers you can always refer to it as something else while performing - "ghost voices", "spirit voices", "voices from the other side", "voices from another dimension" or whatever you like.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..20..23..26..29..30~31~32 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL