We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..30~31~32 [Next]
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of 13
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, Alan Rorrison wrote:
I should have just called it "ghosty" would have avoided most clarifications. Lol

AGREE
geggy
View Profile
Loyal user
Brighton UK
236 Posts

Profile of geggy
I really don't understand why the name of a trick is a problem, as others and myself have said you don't have to say EVP. if you feel uncomfortable saying that. If I show someone a card trick..say Chaos 2. I don't start by saying . .'let me show you Chaos 2 by Alakazam and Peter Nardi, I could if I chose to but it would be dumb...same as any trick. If Alan had called this 'Ghosty' you also wouldn't start by saying let me show you Ghosty. . . .so whatever this is called is totally irrelevant.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
It's not irrelevant because what you are doing is conducting a 'real' paranormal experiment (in their eyes) - not performing a trick in the hope of catching a voice from the other side. If you want to make this believable - which you should want if you care, then anything outside a 'magic trick' which your portraying this to be, has to be logical and in relation to to what already exists, that people can relate to e.g by reading someone's mind you accomplished it via different psychological techniques etc (this is more believable than you saying you have the power and gift to read someone's mind - because people already can relate to psycology. so because the basis of what you are doing is already out there, then people will associate this and what you are doing as a real experiment of calling out in the hope of catching an EVP - because that's what this is, an EVP experiment - investigating the paranormal - which is what paranormal investigators do.

In my personal opinion and yes it does matter and count, is to sell this and make this believable you HAVE to explain what an EVP is, why it is used in paranormal investigating and the 'evidence' on spirit voices are on a different frequency being picked up etc - that's why you can't hear them real time when calling out.

But failing that just perform this after you card to wallet it will be fine - lol
Haters, let's go...
geggy
View Profile
Loyal user
Brighton UK
236 Posts

Profile of geggy
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2015, PRINCE wrote:
It's not irrelevant because what you are doing is conducting a 'real' paranormal experiment (in their eyes) - not performing a trick in the hope of catching a voice from the other side. If you want to make this believable - which you should want if you care, then anything outside a 'magic trick' which your portraying this to be, has to be logical and in relation to to what already exists, that people can relate to e.g by reading someone's mind you accomplished it via different psychological techniques etc (this is more believable than you saying you have the power and gift to read someone's mind - because people already can relate to psycology. so because the basis of what you are doing is already out there, then people will associate this and what you are doing as a real experiment of calling out in the hope of catching an EVP - because that's what this is, an EVP experiment - investigating the paranormal - which is what paranormal investigators do.

In my personal opinion and yes it does matter and count, is to sell this and make this believable you HAVE to explain what an EVP is, why it is used in paranormal investigating and the 'evidence' on spirit voices are on a different frequency being picked up etc - that's why you can't hear them real time when calling out.

But failing that just perform this after you card to wallet it will be fine - lol
Haters, let's go...

And there endeth the lesson.. not sure what that lecture was for. .
If this was called. . Ghosty.. . Say.
Then you would be happier to explain the E.V.P theory as your introduction. . People would still be able to type in. EVP smart phone trick and find it on google if they chose. . That is what some people are concerned about. .
But thanks for your enlightening instructions on how this effect should be performed. . .
jcss
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of jcss
My sincere congratulations to Jason Brumbalow and Alan Morrison.
By the way ... To speak of ethics is one to ...
Again, my sincere Congratulations, You are great ...
Regards.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
If this is to be done only as a trick, I'm sure there will be no one upset if this is revealed by Val Valentino ( Masked Magician ) on television.
Or, method and gimmick revealed on you-tube !

So much for " Suspension of disbelief " ... LOL
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
bartleby
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of bartleby
Would love to hear some more reviews from those of you who have tried it.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Yep agree with Godzilla and perhaps just keep it as a trick - this is going to go down a killer follow up trick after the haunted deck 👍 also even when the obvious is there it still needs to be pointed out. It shouldn't need to, but unfortunately does. No worries guys, magicians helping magicians 👍
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Also, I've thought of a really nice routine for this and don't mind sharing this. You do your sponge ball routine and make them all disappear at the end, you explain that you have a ghost that made them all disappear. His name is Casper, but don't be scared because he's a friendly ghost. He comes and goes and he loves the ball trick, shall we see if he's still here with us...
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4929 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Google EVP and you get nothing but information about EVP. No tricks by alan Rorrison. Just don't say "I'd like to show you a trick called EVP produced by Murphy's magic"
and you'll be fine.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2015, PRINCE wrote:
Also, I've thought of a really nice routine for this and don't mind sharing this. You do your sponge ball routine and make them all disappear at the end, you explain that you have a ghost that made them all disappear. His name is Casper, but don't be scared because he's a friendly ghost. He comes and goes and he loves the ball trick, shall we see if he's still here with us...

Sounds great, I'll try that.
I love sponges
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
It's called evp.. Get over it.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1426 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Ordered from Saturn Magic this morning.
Look forward to getting it this week.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
LOLOL this site kills me to bits sometimes.. THE BIG ISSUE IS THE NAME? As in when you perform this effect for laymen you are forced to tell them that you purchased an effect called "EVP" lol too much. Anyway on another note. Still waiting on mine so I'm just eager when I ask. Can additional noise be added to the reveal? Like a faint static or something like that? I watching Poltergeist this weekend and was paying attention to how the tv would call carlo-anne's name and thought it would be cool if you could add that little extra sound.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Any sound you like can be added
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
So just for the record - typing evp phone trick in google... This came up - 1st page, 1st result - just saying incase of any confusion. Of course you won't be believing me so give it a try
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Yeah you can add additional sound but in my expertise in this field (oops - sorry for talking about this from personal advise as it's only in relation to try and mirror what an actual evp is that I have been experimenting, capturing and conducting for years, yet who am I to talk about what an evp is and how it looks and sounds - because the trick is called evp. Why, because that's what you are trying to capture) I wouldn't add static because when an evp is caught there is no static. The only other electronic sounds caught would be interference from mobile phone signal and from possible EMF devices but very rare. Add etc anything you all want, BUT if you want to try and keep as real as it can possibly look (which you should want to), then just stick to the voice.
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of 13
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2015, Alan Rorrison wrote:

It shouldn't have been called EVP ... Get over it.
maxignites
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of maxignites
Hi Allan, I'm really really interested on your product there...however, I got one pre sale question. Is the recording including the ghost voice you can give it as souvenir? which when they playback, they would able to RE-hear the ghost voice? If yes, that'd be FANTASTIC!!

Secondly, as far as I can guess, the gimmick involve something electronic ? (please Correct me if I'm wrong), so now the issue. how is the endurance of the gimmick? will the survive long enough (I mean like a year or so, and should we replace the battery regulary)

Ah I'm so sorry If my english gone bad Smile
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2015, 13 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2015, Alan Rorrison wrote:

It shouldn't have been called EVP ... Get over it.

Yep !

Alan, I think you have released a great product here ! Smile
I just hate to see how others may want to take what could be a "WONDERFUL Effect" ... and, turn it into a "Trick".
(just, fom others posts)
Yes, it is in performance and you do not need to say EVP.

I'm waiting for a post, from a Clown ...
Can, I use honk noises ?
That would be so cool, I could ask if my departed Uncle Crusty is here with us ?
There could be a Honk,Honk EVP.
Then, I can reply " I know the sound of my Uncle's nose, anywhere! "

Again Alan, did I say "I think you have released a great product here !" Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..30~31~32 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL