The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..30~31~32 [Next]
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
556 Posts

Profile of brandon90
I agree...

There is many ways you can go with this.

I just thought it would be cool with for the entity to name the spectators card.

I can ask "how did you know that"

... "I'm standing behind them"

boom
Smile

BUT. does it need to be quiet to perform this? Or can I perform this say out on the street, like outside a bar?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I perform it in the street all the time. U can reveal any information you like
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
1608 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2015, PRINCE wrote:
Thanks Zuke 👍 now and again it pays to listen, pay attention and learn.

This effect was intended and don't care what anyone says for the purpose of you trying to capture a real and genuine evp on someone's phone buy conducting a real time evp experiment. The reason you don't use yours, or any other recording device etc and use THIERS is to add to the whole 'evidence' making it more believable as it's on their phone which they can keep the recording of the evp. You honestly say or give the impression before performing it that is just a trick or an illusion, you will not be getting the 'freaked out' reactions. The whole emotion and thought process changes and goes from them being a bit frightened, scared (which is what this was/is intended for, or should be) etc to wow cool trick I wonder he managed to get that on my phone.

Watch all the trailers etc and it is only aimed, presented and performed one way with one aim and goal to get that emotional hook - not giving the impression this is a magic trick or illusion. The comments about bordering on the ethics etc are true unfortunately, and you have to be careful who you perform this on as mentioned above (after all you also don't know what they may have experienced in the past regarding this - paranormal experience people homes are and what they experience regarding possible hauntings etc are more common than you think. The reason people don't want to talk about it is because they want to try and forget, so potential damage could be done BUT if you follow it up with yeah looks real but just a trick so don't worry, then nothing to worry about - possibly)

To perform this with the build up and background, then to make aware just a trick is IMO just a contradiction - what's the point. This is too strong of an effect to just pass this off as a trick.

Class dismissed - Zuke please can you stay behind as you have detention 😉

Do you perform much, prince? I mean to strangers, paid gigs, that sort of thing? There are many here that do, and they might easily find ways of performing this that don't demand claiming paranormal powers. What I mean is your dogmatism regarding this effect seems strange. Why are you so adamant that it cannot be a trick?
Author
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Because PRINCE claims to do EVP for real, Ross.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
My apology if this has already been asked as I may have missed it reading through the lengthy thread ... Can the voice answer several questions or is it limited to just one reply?

Thanks,
Dan.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
556 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2015, Amazing Magic Co wrote:
My apology if this has already been asked as I may have missed it reading through the lengthy thread ... Can the voice answer several questions or is it limited to just one reply?

Thanks,
Dan.

Several questions/answers
PaulSharke
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of PaulSharke
I love the trailer, Mr. Rorrison! I'm eager to build a presentation around this effect for a Halloween party this year!

Quote:
On Apr 6, 2015, PRINCE wrote:
So just for the record - typing evp phone trick in google... This came up - 1st page, 1st result - just saying incase of any confusion. Of course you won't be believing me so give it a try

I want to make a quick comment about Google that some may find interesting.

Google searches are affected by your past searches. The search engine uses information culled from your previous searches in order to give you better results -- results custom-tailored for you.

If you've been running searches for magic tricks, then your search for "EVP" is more likely to find hits related to both magic and to EVP -- in order words, to Mr. Rorrison's effect. If, however, you have never searched for magic tricks before, then a search for "EVP" is far more likely to turn up pages like the Wikipedia link on Electronic Voice Phenomenon.

To recap: what two different people using two different computers find when they search for the same terms will differ, depending on what they've searched for in the past -- especially if they're logged into their Google account on those respective computers.
bartleby
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of bartleby
I have ordered! I am looking forward to trying it out. I have a small radio used for EVP performance that I have been trying to work into my routine. This should be perfect.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Haha, I tell people straight up magic is fake, lol. It leaves the analytical people no where to go.
They usually just say "oh, ok." Then they can relax.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
The whole hook up thing is whats keeping me on the fence. I'm really interested to hear on how cumbersome/easy this is to rig up from more reviewers? I know there has been mixed thoughts on that so I'm hoping to get a sense of the process before hitting the button. If it's as easy/practical as hooking up Vapr or something like that, no problem.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2015, Xiqual wrote:
Haha, I tell people straight up magic is fake, lol. It leaves the analytical people no where to go.
They usually just say "oh, ok." Then they can relax.
James

LOL

James, is a "Honest" Magician !
Not, many of them ... Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Got my EVP in. Box is bigger than I thought. Contents are surprising to me but again I wasn't trying to figure out how it was done prior to ordering I just wanted it. Ill play with the contents when I get back to my room from work. Review to come.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
IIt's easier to hook up that vapr
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thanks Alan, ill view the video when I get to my room. The military base computer doesn't let youtube videos get on... Love the Box tho,
twinfantasy
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of twinfantasy
Looks awesome. Does it also work when filming a video instead of using a voice recorder?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ooohhhh nice one
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
It works really well filming video.. Flex ur hand a little and it looks like me the image shakes when the sound happens.. Adds to the effect some.
twinfantasy
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of twinfantasy
Boom. Ordering mine.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
That opens things up a bit more with trying to get actual reactions...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..30~31~32 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL