The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..30~31~32 [Next]
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Just think about it. Once you start playing with the gimmick it will stake you how easy it is
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Actually just did it!! Great idea Alan
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2015, Dr Spektor wrote:
Heck, I can think of non-ghost presentations and comedic ones at that.... I ordered it and just waiting for it to get to canada - I'll try out my thought up routines and report back (I'm assuming I can make any sound and voice effect - then you guys should really see the potential wildness of this) - I helped do the original tests cesar's version a while back and the potential for these devices are mega cool - I want to see this one in action too!

Just for fun, I will also do a card routine with reveal with a huge twist...... Yeah, just for fun!!!! A spooky dark one of course

Dr Spektor, is way ahead of the game on this.
For the Magi asking what else can be done with EVP ... He'll be one that can let others know!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Anyone else out there use different software than QuickTime player 7
To record voices with that update is 30.00 for QuickTime. I used something else but don't like the program
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Your phone has a voice recorder on it!
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
I want the voice you use.. I think its your voice ha
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Check ur Pms
James927
View Profile
Regular user
Nor Cal
145 Posts

Profile of James927
Thanks Alan! I love the idea of a phoned friend revealing a serial #, amount of change in pocket, etc. How many other presentation ideas are included in the downloaded info?

I just started an "EVP presentation ideas" thread in Secret Sessions as a way of having a thread specifically about presentation ideas.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1682 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Took the plunge. Seems versatile enough that I'll find a routine that fits. Loved how Troy performed it. Maybe Alan will set up a Facebook group to share ideas as other effects have done
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I already have. But Ull need to contact me on facebook with proof of purchase to get in

Alan
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
I found an app on App Store called Voice Plus. You can distort your voice with different effects. The app has a very ugly UI, but otherwise it seems good. With the right effect no one will recognize your voice even if they know you. You can also save and send the recordings to different apps.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
633 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Just got this today at the local shop. As stated a few posts back, I was a bit on the fence due to concerns re: the practicality of the hook up. I asked if the ease of setting this up was about the same as Vapr, and he assured that it was even easier. After opening the box and playing around with the contents, I would say its about the same (which is totally fine by me).

Not cumbersome by any means. But like Vapr, you have to have it attached to yourself. So like the first reviewer said, you can't just have it in your pocket and bring it out at a moments notice and perform. But you can have it your pocket and excuse yourself for a FEW moments and be ready. Now I haven't performed this for anyone yet but as you can imagine, the pay off can be pretty huge. So given that this is going to be a pretty cool effect or prank, the hook up is not a deal breaker and pretty minimal overall. Not to mention that it's not a very bulky item either.

Quality wise, it's really nice. It's fairly simple and linear, yet produced well...not scrapped together or crafty in any way.

Now the gimmick is giving me some trouble in terms of the reliability of the activation/connectivity on my iPhone 4s. It worked right away on my first practice run but when I hooked it up again a second time, it didn't. It's been hit or miss ever since. That said, on my wife's iPhone i5, the gimmick worked fine each time. So maybe theres something screwy going on with the connectivity factor of my particular phone. The DVD does address some of these connectivity issues so maybe I need to rewatch it and look into it more. If anyone else has this issue or knows how to fix it, let me know. In the meantime, the workaround for my 4S is that I just need to test the connectivity each time before using it. And fiddle with the connectivity until it "takes". Not optimal but maybe its just my phone and not a 4s connectivity issue in general. I'm due for an upgrade anyway so not too worried about this (What can I say, I just really liked the 4S design!)

All in all, I'm really happy I got this and look forward to playing with it more and performing with it.

Anyway, this is the kind of info I was looking for when researching this so hope it helps.
NoT a DuCk!
View Profile
New user
All the cool people have
19 Posts

Profile of NoT a DuCk!
I was really excited about this and it seemed affordable and awesome. The first time I saw a similar effect was on a magic revealed style television show. I was unaware of Cesar's product even though I have shopped with him before and been blown away with what I received. I cannot afford his product but honestly can not in good conscious buy this one. I am super bummed. I am curious if this has been resolved in some way or if walmart mentality has just ignored it. Not to beat a dead horse but can anyone who actually knows update me on the status of the claims made by Ceasar? Now that it is actually released, is it truly different? I am not posting this to start trouble but am hoping now that people own the product that this can be settled. I can not stock it or purchase it until this is cleared up. Is anyone familiar with both effects enough to say that this is truly different? A PM is fine and I won't post about this publicly again. I don't intend this to seem like a "troll" post. I am excited about this and would like to have it but not if now that people can see the product if it is truly the same. Thanks for any help someone has. I am not interested in opinions of folks unfamiliar with both products. Thanks and I hope it is positive news.
Dazzler UK
View Profile
Regular user
UK
108 Posts

Profile of Dazzler UK
Hi Guys,
This is my first post on the Café so please be gentle Smile
Alan, I absolutely love EVP awesome effect congrats mate. For me some people are taking it way too seriously as I have been following the thread since day 1.
I have purchased this from Mark at Saturn Magic in the UK but have been reading that you may be putting together a download of a voice pack for EVP and possibly an app aswell. I was just wondering if this will be available through our magic dealers when it is ready as I am itching to get some different recordings. I keep checking the URL supplied with the kit daily for Murphy's magic to see if any info has been updated on the tutorial page but don't see anything regarding recordings.
Any info would be great mate

Daz
There are two rules for success..... 1. Never reveal everything you know.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well got the box opened it and was like hmm. watched both videos and was gitty. I deeper review a little later. Alan however I do like your recordings it has that accent that I a Spanish guy from New Jersey cant muster, no matter how much Doctor Who I watch "I don't WANT TO GO!" So if you are offering that as a download I would like that. Other then that I'm going to try to find a friend who can do the Gazoo voice from the Flintstones.. remember that alien that would appear and disappear. I am also thinking about a presentation of how you make decisions with your inner demon and angels on your shoulders. I just think the options are wide. The short sleeve t-shirt I think I get except for one part with the short sleeves I wear. (WHAT THE GIRLS THOUGT THEY HEARD) and in the video he emphasized on how he damaged a part on the prototype freaked me out a bit and do not want to do the same
m477h3w
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of m477h3w
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Been looking over this forum as I am very interested in this effect. I am only a hobbiest but feel this will suit my style. I love the idea of using the gymick as advertised, but been on the fence about purchasing (money issue mainly).

Someone above mentioned using this to call someone chosen by the spec to reveal how much change they have in their pocket. Troy did this in his show a few weeks back and it blew my mind. Is this easy to pull off using the EVP gymick? If so that's two amazing tricks in one already, which makes my purchasing decision easier!

Cheers.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Not a duck- It's been resolved. I own both, Alans method is completly different. Also, EVP type effect pre date both creators. I believe murphysmagic gives credit to cesoral on there website.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
The evp unit should work absolutely fine with an iPhone 4. You said it works perfect with a 5 but the connectivity on the 4 can be off. This says to me that the evp unit is fine but there may be a small due with your audio/ data jack on the iPhone 4. The only thing I can recommend is look I yo getting that fixed.

The app is on way. I'm one man here building it as a bonus for you guys as and when I can. In the mean time you can make all the sonds you like as per the instructions.

Not a duck. Cesar and the team have chatted and he's requested a credit for being the first to use a mobile phone to catch the recording. That's fine by use and the matter s cleared up

Alan
Dazzler UK
View Profile
Regular user
UK
108 Posts

Profile of Dazzler UK
@m477h3w

Exactly the same, just a different presentation.
possibilities are endless

Daz
There are two rules for success..... 1. Never reveal everything you know.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Sorry I missed us post... Yes this is what was used on Troy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22..30~31~32 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL