We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..30~31~32 [Next]
MediocreMagician
View Profile
New user
Australia
35 Posts

Profile of MediocreMagician
Mine shipped today so I should receive it early next week and I'm very excited to try it out. Also looking forward to the possible app and facebook group for ideas whenever you do get around to it, no rush though as I'm sure we all know how busy you must be. I'm still still well short of the post count required for the secrets part of the forum so anything that would help is greatly appreciated. Keep up the great work!
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
733 Posts

Profile of roblane
Still waiting for mine to ship from MoM.
Not sure if this is available in UK yet?
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
The facebook page is made. Contact me there for access
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2348 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2015, roblane wrote:
Still waiting for mine to ship from MoM.
Not sure if this is available in UK yet?

We have been shipping for about a week and have stock available in the UK to ship.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
music
View Profile
Special user
537 Posts

Profile of music
Here is a hidden camera tv show doing the effect, not sure if it is the same as Alan's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l_fN8efmmc
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Yes that's mines
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Yes that's mines
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Alan with that prank video, is there some pre-work or is it as simple as using the phone (NON-PC) option what allows for the precise response.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
If you have an assistant you can load live responses !
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I received my EVP yesterday. After opening the box, I took a quick look at the gimmick(s) which were pretty close to what I was expecting. The gimmick is extremely well made and with a little care should last you a LONG time.

The instructional download was well-shot and well-taught. I liked it because they covered what needs to be covered and it didn't drag on.

There has been some discussion about the hook up. While I would venture to guess most people will wear it on them most of the time while performing, it doesn't have to be worn. There are other ways to set this up, as is mentioned in the download. With a little imagination you can come up with all sorts of ideas.

And while you don't need a computer, one will definitely help, especially if you have a Garageband or something like it installed.

I orginally purchased this to use in (seemingly) impromptu situations and not necessarily for paid gigs. While I still don't plan to use it for paid strolling gigs, I'm giving serious thought to using it in some of my stage and platform shows. I really like the versatility of the gimmick and look forward to seeing what I and others can come up with.

Great product Alan!
m477h3w
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of m477h3w
Thanks for the response guys. Sounds awesome!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok now I am wondering if first I ask "Is someone there' The response is Yessss ALAN I want your VOice! THen I ask something like what do you want? are you good or bad. THen this plays for a few seconds ater then maybe a maniacal laugh or end it with the LEAVE now... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fAjyFbyb4o staring at the :09 mark
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Or this during XMAS! just a few seconds of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tra1zPqj9T8
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
You can have anything Inlike play to be honest.. Do you want my base file.. Ok me and I'll send unit with proof of purchase of course .
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Just reached out
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1040 Posts

Profile of sbays
Another idea is, if you are male, then have the voice be a female voice. And vice versa. It adds a layer I think.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1040 Posts

Profile of sbays
Also when recording your voice file, do not speak too closely to the microphone. Keep a little distance. A very well pronounced voice isn't nearly as creepy as one that you really have to listen to hear. Listen to real EVP's to get some inspiration.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
RedHatMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
233 Posts

Profile of RedHatMagic
Does anyone have EVP AND Sounds Amazing? A comparison would be nice if you have time.
Let the Entertainment Commence!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18030 Posts

Profile of IAIN
They're two completely different effects...

EVP is causing "something" to appear on a sound recording that people don't hear at the time...

sounds amazing is a set up that lets you produce certain noises, audible to the people you are with upon command...

i only have sounds amazing, but, y'know...12 pages to read through, and the youtube clip explains everything...
NEW - ECCE LOQUOR - how to read anything
http://www.lulu.com/shop/iain-dunford/ecce-loquor/paperback/product-24204371.html

BIG SALE ON...no code needed...
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2982 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2015, sbays wrote:
Another idea is, if you are male, then have the voice be a female voice. And vice versa. It adds a layer I think.

Nice touch!
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19~20~21~22~23..30~31~32 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL