The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..30~31~32 [Next]
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Some goodish reviews coming in for this however just to clarify, that if you/spectators hear the voice real time (even just very faint) this is considered as VP (voice phenomenon) not necessarily an EVP. An EVP is where the voice is really only heard/picked up on an electronic recordable device and not heard real time. If heard real time this generally is a voice phenomenon. In the magic Tao vid performance of this (at 5:15 on the review) people could actually hear the voice real time then on playback was made more clear to what was said. So now having seen this, then people could potentially question whether this is apparently 'real' or not those who are sceptical of the performance may this it could just be a device that is playing a very quiet voice, which then picked up by the microphones sensitivity to be more clear. Or they may think it is real. As very rare, but spirit voices can be heard real time when calling out (like in the vid review performance). However I think the effect is made stronger if no one hears the voice real time.

Someone mentioned they did this for an 8yr old boy which they loved. Great stuff, however if you did play this off as real that they apparently communicated with an actual ghost/spirit (thats how/why the voice is on there) then just hope they don't grab a Ouija board and try an communicate that way as well. All the haters now rolling their eyes but do you know what the inspiration from the film 'The Exorcist' was? Simply from a young boy innocently messing with the board trying to communicate with the other side, which led to the most REAL and FACTUAL EVIDENTIAL case of a possession in history. Those again who think all this is a load of bull, then before you pass judgement then take time to read the actual INDEPENDENT reports written up and given by priests, the POLICE and other independent people of what they seen and witnessed of the activity and possession taking place. Whilst many of the officers involved are or should I say were sceptical until they experienced what they did.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Prince. When I say " real time" I mean you can load the information in real time. It's still only heard by the sound recorder.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Yeah I know, ok think we are getting the term 'real time' crossed. I know/understand you can load the voice real time, but I'm referring to when you call out, this is a 'real time' experiment. If someone actually hears the voice with their own ears during the calling out, they have heard the voice 'real time'.

On the vid performnace at 5:15 on the Tao review, everyone heard something 'real time' as the performer said to the 2 girls "Did you hear that" they all said yes (so everyone heard something/a voice real time), so when everything was played back it was then clarified what they heard more clearly.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Yeah mabye I used to wring term.. How about "live" might be a better word to use

With Tao. I'm sure they will be the first to admit they did not have it set correctly. Thankfully with this type of effect it doesn't destroy the illusion. Just a different clarification I guess
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Yeah possibly, I guess the versatile thing about it is that the performer can set it to their preferred setting e.g if they like the idea of spectators being able to hear the voice 'real time' when calling out as well if they feel this adds to being a stronger presentation, or they can set it so that nothing is heard until playback.
Personally think its stronger to not hear the voice real time and its only heard during playback.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I'm the same. I always. Set mines for silence in the room
MediocreMagician
View Profile
New user
Australia
35 Posts

Profile of MediocreMagician
To simply write it off as a cheap gimmick seems extremely unfair. I received my package today and I'm very happy with the purchase. The packaging is excellent, really makes it seem like a professional tool. The teaching is great making things really easy to understand. The gimmick may technically be cheap in terms of manufacturing costs but I don't think that's a fair argument at all. I'm sure we've all paid great amounts of money for what has essentially ended up being a piece of plastic. If magic and effects was only considered to be the gimmick, you'd walk away feeling disappointed more often than not for the price paid. Part of the price is the research, the testing, the construction and presentation. It's very easy after the fact to find cheaper ways of doing something when you know how it's done, but there's a reason that this effect has generated so much buzz; most people haven't put in that time, effort and creativity to work those things out. For those that have it, looking at what's included I think it's fair to say there's a number of things that could have been done to cut corners and save on costs. Thankfully they didn't and I think there's some really nice little touches that could have been easily overlooked. His Penguin Live lecture aside this is my first purchase from Alan and after playing around with it, it definitely wont be my last.
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2015, Molando wrote:
Simply brilliant.
Set-up is simple.

I normally keep magic and dating apart, but this is too much fun.
If I am hitting it off with somebody, and the situation was right (had mentioned magic)
Would talk about sprites, mischievous critters of happiness that are all around us.
All the time with a smile on my face.

Come out, come out sprites, are you there? ...... Yes, everywhere.. (happy fun female voice)
Hmm nothing. What would make our lives more fun?...... To dance under the moonlight
Hmm still nothing. Sprites, what should I do? ..... Ask for her number you fool !!!!

Hopefully a listen and laugh.
Then a simple nod towards the phone, and a may I?

Timings are not a problem, but will have a look tonight if I can knock up an android app to make it even easier.

Good lord
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I wouldn't yse this as a dating tool but that's just me.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I did prototype something similar but saddly it brought around to many issues. With what I settle on the unit is easy to trouble shoot and smaller to carry. As for recording on the fly. In practice you get Inconsisten noise levels in your recordings which saddly gave you inconsistent nose on your output. Also doing ths would eliminate the ability to load information in real time which is a massive strong point to this unit...

Just thought it would be nice to put out the reasoning. It's not a snip at anyone etc just an honest reply.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2015, Robmonster wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2015, Molando wrote:
Simply brilliant.
Set-up is simple.

I normally keep magic and dating apart, but this is too much fun.
If I am hitting it off with somebody, and the situation was right (had mentioned magic)
Would talk about sprites, mischievous critters of happiness that are all around us.
All the time with a smile on my face.

Come out, come out sprites, are you there? ...... Yes, everywhere.. (happy fun female voice)
Hmm nothing. What would make our lives more fun?...... To dance under the moonlight
Hmm still nothing. Sprites, what should I do? ..... Ask for her number you fool !!!!

Hopefully a listen and laugh.
Then a simple nod towards the phone, and a may I?

Timings are not a problem, but will have a look tonight if I can knock up an android app to make it even easier.

Good lord

Robmonster, my same thought at first !
Then, I thought how nice it is for the product getting out there in the hands of 12yr. olds !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
556 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Look's like Ustaad's post was removed again. Smile

shame.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Yes suggestions and improvements from Ustaad are not accepted.
Smile
Smile Magic Café Circus in action
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2015, bgm4gic wrote:
Look's like Ustaad's post was removed again. Smile

shame.

Café circus hits again Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7189 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, roblane wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2015, roblane wrote:
Hi,
I just received this and it is pretty much what I expected, (which is good!) I have an older iphone (3gs) which doesn't have a built in voice memo, and the app I have has issues with the set-up. Anyone else in same boat?

If you can afford this effect then surely you can upgrade to at least a 4 iteration?

Good point, mebee I can, mebee I can't. Moot point as I have just found the voice memo in a 'utilities' folder, so please ignore my stupidity. Thanks for file Alan, but it wont open for me (404 not found) unfortunately. I'm sure this is gonna become a fav once of got it down. Can't see what any of that has to do with whether I can afford to upgrade my phone or not. But hey ho..............

Because you stated that you did not have the voice recording option on your 3GS, plus people not laughing at you.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Lets get the thread back on track...
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
One thing to keep in mind. The unit works when ur recording videos too. Andrew maybes ghost vision may play well along side this
bartleby
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of bartleby
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2015, Alan Rorrison wrote:
One thing to keep in mind. The unit works when ur recording videos too. Andrew maybes ghost vision may play well along side this

I have been experimenting with using it with this...
http://www.amazon.com/DAS-Distribution-2......irit+box

It does a great job of adding a little ambient noise in a very quiet room.
MediocreMagician
View Profile
New user
Australia
35 Posts

Profile of MediocreMagician
So is there a page set up with some ideas or voice recordings people have shared? If so, could someone send it to me by PM?
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
[quote]On Apr 13, 2015, bartleby wrote:
Quote:
I have been experimenting with using it with this...
http://www.amazon.com/DAS-Distribution-2......irit+box

It does a great job of adding a little ambient noise in a very quiet room.

NICE ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..30~31~32 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL