The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (145 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..30~31~32 [Next]
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
PRINCE I have just read your posts. Let me say something regarding the video you watched. The spectators didn't here anything Smile Chris asked them if they heard anything as part of his patter and the spectator answered yes. This was great as they were really in the zone. This shows how much you can get the spectators hooked and they believe they heard noises when they didn't. Any noises you can here is background noise. So when the recording was played back it was an even bigger shock for them as there was an actual voice on the recording on their phone.

I highly recommend EVP.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Ordered this after so many posts ~ Thought performing it the night will get a better reaction ~
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
The night does add a little something to it
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Yea ~ the feeling is tense after the effect so might as well put some levitation magic afterwards ? Maybe the ghost plot can be used as things float .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Amrit
View Profile
New user
UK
84 Posts

Profile of Amrit
Finally had the chance to give this a proper try out and thought I would post my findings and such for anyone who needs a few tips and help and such (and just general feeback on it).

Firstly I was VERY impressed with the box when it arrived and the hook up works great although there was an issue with it not being as diverse as I had hoped. You can't move things around becuase of how short the cables are (i.e. the design looks to be done so units are on the same side of a person but would have been nice to be able to split where each unit is work on the body with a slightly longer cable). As someone previously mentioned for those who have a bigger or leaner body this can also pose as a problem.

Other than that though the device seems to work great although I did have some issues with the switch. The first was how oud the switch is. This can be covered with the use of a thick jacket but in a room or environment which is quiet there's a chance something can be heard (I always go by the assumption if I can hear it they might also be able to hear it). The second issue, was the response time from the switch where there would be a slight delay or just nothing would happen. I decided to try and give the button a long press but all this did was launch some app on my iphone (Iphone 5s). This random app launching (it looked like it was a voice command app of some kind - I'm not a fan of Iphone so am not entirely sure what it was) was not really a big issue though, just have to ensure you don't press the switch and hold it down for too long. Also realised the button not being responsive was down to how it is worn on the body - you need to make sure you can get a good press on the switch and if you can it will work every time.

I had a lot of fun recording the audio and ensuring it didn't sound too much like me so this involved hours of working with audio software to get it just right as well as sounding creepy. For those who want to know how I did mine, please get in touch and I will be happy to upload a guide onto the Facebook group Alan has set up, if he is good with that. I will also upload the audio files I use in case anyone wishes to use them as pre-made samples.

To record the audio... I tried recording using a whisper and this did NOT work too well especially after I edited the audio. If you are not going to edit the audio whispering as well as not recording too close to the mic you are using is key to making it sound good. If you will edit the audio then you need the ausio to be clear. Speak clearly, close to the mic and whisper but do it loudly (you can change the volume level when performing anyway). It's all about experimenting which is why it took me hours to get it right and have the audio exactly how I wanted it. The software I used was a free PC based software (this way anyone can use it without forking out money for software), I don't own an apple mac so am not able to provide any instructions for editing ausio on there - sorry.

I recorded two audio clips: I did the first as instructed in the instructional video with a 5-8 second gap and did a second that had a 15 second gap. This gave me the option to be able to hit the button once on the unit and stick to a timeframe within which to ask questions or I can use the 8 second file which meant I would need to use the stop/play method after each question. Really depends on the people you perform for and how involved they will get because if you know exactly what you will say between questions and the spectators will all follow your lead and just listen to what you do it's quite easy to be able to use a set audio clip where you won't need to pause/play after each question.

Overall, very, very happy with this purchase it worked a treat - excellent work Alan. Also, if there is anything in this post that could be considered 'revealing' please let me know and I will edit it out immediately.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of rasp
If you have a Pebble watch, this can be used as a trigger....... no sound at all Smile
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Lol this is mention In The instructions and it is very true
Amrit
View Profile
New user
UK
84 Posts

Profile of Amrit
I was considering buying a pebble watch just yesterday but had decided not to - seems I have new incentive to get one now, lol. I think I must have overlooked that part in the instructions as I don't own one so will have a look at them again today.

Alan - Couldn't find the group on Facebook so am assuming it's a hidden group we have to get an invite to from you? How do we send you proof of purchase? Will a selfie with the product to your inbox work, lol. Smile
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
On facebook send me the selfie and I'll sort you out
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Whats a pepple watch? Sorry
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1072 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Hi Alan could you let me know how to join the Facebook group
Cheers Tim
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2015, paisa23 wrote:
Whats a pepple watch? Sorry

It is a watch that works in conjunction with an iphone.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of rasp
Or an android phone.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1072 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
And it's a pebble watch
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Yeah the pebble watch us an awesome tool
freightpro
View Profile
New user
Surrey
2 Posts

Profile of freightpro
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2015, Alan Rorrison wrote:
Yeah the pebble watch us an awesome tool

Hi Alan

I am new to this forum and pretty much new to magic, done a few card tricks for friends and bought a few tricks now again and never managed to really get any decent results, in your professional opinion will an absolute novice be able to pull this off.

Cheers

Steve
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
If you can count to five. You can do this mate.. Super easy
freightpro
View Profile
New user
Surrey
2 Posts

Profile of freightpro
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2015, Alan Rorrison wrote:

Great, off to MagicBox to order now
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2358 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2015, freightpro wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2015, Alan Rorrison wrote:

Great, off to MagicBox to order now

We have it a lot cheaper in stock ready to ship! http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/e......dvd.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
179 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
Hey guys! Quick question: Do you need your own smartphone to perform this effect? Or can you be walking around without a phone?
Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (145 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..30~31~32 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL