The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30~31~32 [Next]
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
U could just record and send it to urself . Which is what I did , although the quality of the sound seem to decline by quite a bit , it still works .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

I tried the effect on some Samsung phone users and found the recording to be much less clearer than on iPhone uses ... Where exactly does Samsung phone picks up recordings ?

- Albert Einstein
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2015, rasp wrote:
Ordinary voice recorder will work just fine, no special app required, in fact anything that will record will work Smile

Thank you Rasp,i may well push the button for this.
Amrit
View Profile
New user
UK
84 Posts

Profile of Amrit
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2015, BlakeAdams wrote:
I love this yet I'm sad because the switch is not reliable for me.......i don't want to spend more money on a pebble watch

I had this problem too Blake, have you tried mounting the switch the other way around instead? I found mounting it the other way around (so wires come out the switch towards me instead out outwards) worked a little better in activating the switch and was also more accurate but then having a thick coat or jacket on top caused problems (needed to constantly re-adjust) and this just got annoying. Doing this in a long sleeve shirt was great but the click from the switch was a problem especially in a room where there's not much ambient noise to cover it.

Quote:
On Apr 25, 2015, Magician560 wrote:
I tried the effect on some Samsung phone users and found the recording to be much less clearer than on iPhone uses ... Where exactly does Samsung phone picks up recordings ?

Found out that the microphone (at least on the new Samsung S6 phone) is at the bottom along with the speaker and there is also a secondary microphone at the top of the phone as well. I tested this out on my own S6 and found that in the sound recorder the microphone in use is the one on the bottom end of the phone (just like on a Iphone) and NOT the one at the top.
davidjames69
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of davidjames69
What he's not telling people is : YOU ( NEED A COMPUTER OR LAPTOP ) That Records!!!Had To Dend Mine Back for Refund..
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
David there are many apps in the app store that let you record ur sounds and play. You do not need a laptop.. Also folks. If you have any issues feel free to pm me.. I'm happy to help
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
As a smal heads up . This is the one I tend to use for iPhone. There are hundreds of them abd most will work perfectly with Evp

Voice Record Pro by Dayana Networks Ltd.
https://appsto.re/gb/d1KMG.i
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 26, 2015, Amrit wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2015, BlakeAdams wrote:
I love this yet I'm sad because the switch is not reliable for me.......i don't want to spend more money on a pebble watch

I had this problem too Blake, have you tried mounting the switch the other way around instead? I found mounting it the other way around (so wires come out the switch towards me instead out outwards) worked a little better in activating the switch and was also more accurate but then having a thick coat or jacket on top caused problems (needed to constantly re-adjust) and this just got annoying. Doing this in a long sleeve shirt was great but the click from the switch was a problem especially in a room where there's not much ambient noise to cover it.

Quote:
On Apr 25, 2015, Magician560 wrote:

Found out that the microphone (at least on the new Samsung S6 phone) is at the bottom along with the speaker and there is also a secondary microphone at the top of the phone as well. I tested this out on my own S6 and found that in the sound recorder the microphone in use is the one on the bottom end of the phone (just like on a Iphone) and NOT the one at the top.

Oh lol ... I took my tablet and finally noticed the small hope there ... I realized many are using phone cases that might block the little recording hole . Next time I might need to take off their phone case and perform it ... Thanks

- Albert Einstein
Amrit
View Profile
New user
UK
84 Posts

Profile of Amrit
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2015, Magician560 wrote:
Oh lol ... I took my tablet and finally noticed the small hope there ... I realized many are using phone cases that might block the little recording hole . Next time I might need to take off their phone case and perform it ... Thanks

Another thing to note, which I found, was that there is a loss of quality and audio levels when you transfer the audio to the phone to play it back, especially in my case as I was putting the audio through some filters to give it a scary feel and so anyone who would hear it would not know it was my voice. I found the best way to determine if a phone will be able to pick it up was to test it in a quiet room with the volume on the phone right up (through EVP). If I could hear it then that's good (for performance in a similarly quiet room/environment you just set the volume lower) but if you can't hear it even when the volume is on max then it is probably just too quiet so the phone you borrow from a spectator may not even pick it up or it'll be very, very faint to the point that it would be a struggle for you and your spectators to hear it.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Yeah . True that the quality will decrease . For me , I just download some recording app and send the recording via email to my computer first then use iTunes to transfer it back to the phone . I felt that the phone's recorder seems to be good .

- Albert Einstein
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Use the app I postd before mate.. It looses no quality thankfully!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3530 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
In keeping with the rules of "latest and greatest", I don't want to see any exposure, but I am interested in learning how this might be different AND better than just using a simple stuffed animal recorder/player? They are small enough to conceal and super easy to operate. I have done almost the exact routine as the demo using this $7 device. If anyone can answer this without exposure, that would be great. thx.

KJ
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
You can fully customise everything to what ever quality you like.. Store as many sounds as you want and it takes up next to no extra pocket space.. The over all qiity is also far superior.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3530 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thanks, Alan. There are significant restrictions to using the "stuffy recorder". Here are some of the limitations: 10 second limit, replay must be continuous, and the device creates a hissing sound.

KJ
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
What is the stuffy recorder ?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3530 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
They are very small devices that go into stuffed animals to make them talk. They are activated by squeezing the stuffed animal. They are round with a button on the front. They have a switch on the back that has "record", "off", and "play". You set it to "record". You hold down the button and speak into the microphone. When done, you release the button and you have recorded a message. You then move the switch to "play". Now, when you press the button, the recording plays. Because they are so small, they can be hidden in the hand, and they are easy to operate because all you have to do is squeeze to press the button. You can hold one under a cellphone and activate the play feature. However, as I said earlier, you can only record 10 seconds, and the playback has a bit of a hissing noise. When I use these, I either make sure to press the record on the phone at the same time as the play on the device, or make sure there is some ambient noise. Also, I have several that are different colors. I can repeat the effect with different outcomes. I'm sure this is a very low tech approach to what you are doing, and with it's limitations.

KJ
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Sorry I though you where talking about an app lol. Yes Evp govesnu way more freedom and better sound In recordings.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Small heads up. I've had a few emails asking and thought I'd answer here. YES you can use and assistant to load sounds for you with this but you can do it solo.
darus
View Profile
New user
Italy
15 Posts

Profile of darus
Hi Alan, I wrote a Pm. I'm not so sure to found the right Alan Rorrison on facebook, to send you my Evp selfie.
Could someone send me the correct profile in Pm?
Thanks.
Darus
www.darus.it
Amrit
View Profile
New user
UK
84 Posts

Profile of Amrit
Quote:
On May 6, 2015, darus wrote:
Hi Alan, I wrote a Pm. I'm not so sure to found the right Alan Rorrison on facebook, to send you my Evp selfie.
Could someone send me the correct profile in Pm?
Thanks.
Darus
www.darus.it

Sent mine and also not had anything back so am wondering if I sent it to the correct one as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30~31~32 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL