We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (145 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11..15..19..23..27..30~31~32 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8331 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Ha ha Carl, indeed.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2077 Posts

Profile of yachanin
It does look the same as "Cesaral Spirit Sounds," and I understand how Cesar would feel. If anyone remembers the "Don't Lose Your Head" vs. "Drawn Apart" controversy, you'll know Alan has experienced what it's like to argue his effect has been ripped off. Now the "shoe" is being placed on the other foot by Cesar. I hope Alan and Cesar are able to work this out privately.

In the mean time, Murphy's Magic could alter their advertising text a little. They state, "EVP is the first device in magic to ever allow the spectator to keep the evidence of a seemingly paranormal event on their own phone. Use your newly discovered power wisely." From what I understand, Cesaral Spirit Sounds allows the spectator to do that and, therefore, at least Murphy's can make that correction.

Regards, Steve
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Ok. Then I have to feel bliss Smile
I shall see you on the other side.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I attempted to talk to him in pm and he was unwilling. We answered all of his points more than above what we should so to me the matter is delt with as far as we can. He did not Creat the plot. The effect or method and I've wished him every luck with his.. However this thread is for evp and let's keep it that way.

So back to evp. Let's rawk this
Jason Brumbalow
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Jason Brumbalow
We gladly updated the description to reflect that EVP is not the first product to capture spirit sounds on a recording device. Forgive us. Mea Culpa.
Jason Brumbalow

Director of Product Development, Murphy's Magic

jasonb[at]murphysmagic.com
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8331 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Do we have a release date?
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Still very interested in this but to be honest the Justin Miller quote doesn't give me a lot of confidence..almost the opposite.
Riku_Pajari
View Profile
New user
Mikkeli, Finland
99 Posts

Profile of Riku_Pajari
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Do we have a release date?

It's said that 1st of April is the shipping date above.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Let the effect talk for itself and it will !
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2467 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Now this looks good. Love what I can perform with this. Lots.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
So, the performer needs their own smart phone plus the EVP gimmick? And then they need to borrow a smart phone or other recording device from a spectator?

I have a few questions.

Can the performer's smart phone be any brand of smart phone or does it have to be a particular type? I have an iPhone and I know of a couple of tricks that have been released over the years that only work on Android.

Also, does the performer's phone ever knowingly come in to play during performance? Or is it used in secret?

And lastly, there was a comment that said the performer has to get close to the recording device. Does this mean you can't have an audience turn on their own phones and record the questions/answers themselves? Does the performer have to hit record?

Cheers,

R
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Any smart phone will work.. The only phone in play during the routine is the spectators. And I make a point of asked my them to open up there phone and voice recorder and pressing record them selfs etc. Hope this helps
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Sweet.

Oh. Can it be done on more than 1 recording device at a time?
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
MagieLucas
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
83 Posts

Profile of MagieLucas
Looks so good I will buy this for sure !
davidjames69
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of davidjames69
Hi Alan can you please tell me does EVP require any wires / threads or things running up or down your arms or legs? Do you need to put metal plates or Magnets in your shoes or modify your shoes in any way? Is it big bulky or heavy? What kind of Battery's does it take and how many ? What is the charge or battery life? I really want this but am afraid it's gonna be something I can do or pull off so to put out a $100 and no money back if I don't like or can't use kinda scres me from getting😢 how hard is it gonna be to pull off the move you need to make or do ( witch isn't shown in video) to get the Voice on there phone with out them seeing you do anything funny? Please help this looks really cool and I'm just trying to understand better. Thanks in advance. Dave
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Hi Guys,

EVP is available with free shipping (Fedex Express shipping worldwide (2-3 days)). Here: http://mystiquefactory.com/products/evp-......rorrison

Have a nice weekend.

Kindest Regards,
Martin
wei_lostart
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of wei_lostart
The trailer kind of freaked me out...I don't like it....I love it
geggy
View Profile
Loyal user
Brighton UK
243 Posts

Profile of geggy
This looks amazing. . .During performance can you have a couple of no replies to build the suspense and then hit with a reply. .freaky stuff.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Geggy you can make it reply how how like. Dave, The effect is what user in the video and it's easy. That's about it... You can be sleeveless, no batteries required and no plates in your shoes
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8331 Posts

Profile of pegasus
No bty's?? Ok I'm baffled.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (145 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11..15..19..23..27..30~31~32 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL