The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..14..18..22..26..30~31~32 [Next]
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Yes because everything performed as a magic trick and as a magician is a trick and perceived as a trick. They know by conclusion it is a trick and wether they take the time to try and search the secret is another thing, but they already satisfied it's a 'trick' so there is no reason to question if it was real or not. HOWEVER what you are apparently now claiming when performing this - is that it is REAL and something paranormal - not magical. So, now the situation is and the logical thinking of any normal lay person that they will think is, wow I wonder if this is real or maybe a trick. So that curiosity alone will be enough for them to search it - which they will. 99% when trying to search this will be typing EVP phone magic trick.

The ironic thing is that in the search results this thread may even come up
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Tring UK
333 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Hi guys
As soon as I saw this advertised my money was straight down on the table,,I am a residential caretaker in a mansion which was built in the early 1600s it is now used as a residential school for the performing arts. As you can imagine there are so many stories about ghosts and strange happenings that I have got a perfect opportunity to use this not as a trick but as a real display of EVP. I have done loads of research about the mansions history and the people that have lived and died here this could possibly be the best purchase I have made to date. If this works as well as it does in the trailer then this is going to be my reputation maker.......Thanks Alan ,great work 👍👍👍👍👍👍
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
If you decided to to perform it as real that is up to you. I don't I perform it as a trick . Which brings you back to my previous post, ANY trick on this earth can be easily gooled. At this point both side could go back and fourth as a matter of opinion. Id suggest moving past it lol
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4929 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
No you don't. you can just say that ghosts leave an electrical pattern that is picked up by recording devices.
The ACTUAL science behind it is pareidolia. The psychological phenomenon of taking random stimulus and seeing or hearing a pattern. that's the only science.
There is no science that shows it really is paranormal. You being an investigator probably know that. Magicians all have different ways to perform. I would never go into some lecture type
"experiment" explaining all the history of EVP. If you do, great. Not all of us do. Youre using words like "Have to" is just not valid. You can do anything, its so easy really.
James
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2015, PRINCE wrote:
Have I really just read suggesting not to say EVP in the performance?!?! you have to say evp because you have to explain what EVP's are, why they work and the science behind it to the real and genuine phenomenon that it is. Most people unless genuinely into the paranormal or paranormal investigators (like me) may have heard of it but doesn't actually know what it means but more importantly what it stands for! So you are giving a demonstration of what an EVP is and how you conduct the calling out technique carried out when actually doing a real paranormal investigation. So for it to even be the slightest believable it's key you give a good background on what an EVP actually is.

So then they know your a magician and now going to perform something a little different. They are so amazed when they hear the voice NOT because they think it's paranormal but how the hell have you magically got a voice on their phone. So all they do is search evp phone trick and there you go (1st page of any search engine)
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Tring UK
333 Posts

Profile of AceFace
As you said Alan this could be used either way but as I'm living and working in a place that has a massive reputation for being haunted this is the perfect tool for me to use. Not many people there know that I'm a hobbyist magician so I can really use it to my advantage. Alan,can you only ask one question at a time before you play back or can you ask say 3 questions then play it back ?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
My standard routine is 3 but you can ask as many questions as you like in one performance
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Tring UK
333 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Omg his is going to be awesome. I have already used a couple of tricks produced by the Lebanon circle and they got amazing reactions so this is just going to blow the minds of my spectators. I'm always being asked about the history of the mansion now I can add a whole new dimension to the tours I do around the building
darus
View Profile
New user
Italy
15 Posts

Profile of darus
I'd like to buy it but I don't understand if it works with my blackberry.
Darus
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
557 Posts

Profile of brandon90
The "spirit" can reveal the spectators card? Alan?

Love your effects by the way, I know this one will be awesome.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
It should work just fine with blackberry. And you can reveal anythink you like
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Really? I don't get why anyone would want to perform this as a trick? What's the point? So when the spec asks about this on how the voice is on there when no one ever heard it, you wouldn't want to claim this as paranormal - just a trick? That's the whole point of this trick is the make believe that's it's an actual real EVP - as this in the field is exactly what happens when you catch a real EVP - looks and sounds exactly the same. This effect is too strong to just play it off as a trick. The perfect example on the way this should be performed is the example ace face described - not to be performed as just another trick amongst your set.

Being an actual paranormal investigator evps are very real and not just a case of trying to make voices/words from white noise (because you can clearly hear the voices and responses). Believe what you want but until you conduct a real investigation using real equipment then you will see how real evps are, especially when interacting and getting intelligent responses.

The point is that evps are familiar and 'real' to the spectator so you have to or more should want to give a background on what evps are before leading into this. Step out of the magic performance and anyone into mentalism, bizarre etc will tell you the way to make this believable is that there has to be a plot and logic why something happens. The logic behind why the voice is on the phone is because you have just captured a 'real' EVP. SO if they look into the history of EVP etc they will know what they witnessed and experienced is 'real' because it's already out there and used as a technique when doing a real investigation as evidence. And that's why performing this needs a build up and an explanation - if you want to pass what has happened as real - and not a trick
darus
View Profile
New user
Italy
15 Posts

Profile of darus
Alan you said: should work. I'm afraid.
darus
View Profile
New user
Italy
15 Posts

Profile of darus
Alan you said: should work. I'm afraid.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Darus. The blackberrys I have tested with worked absolutely fine. prince. Your a paranormal investigator? I'm sorry if not left you a tool you can fraudulently claim as real evp.. I myself present this as a trick not proof of a non exscistant (in my opinion) afterlife. I'm absolutely happy it being a trick.

There is also non evp effects you can do with this. Just as a heads up.

Alan
darus
View Profile
New user
Italy
15 Posts

Profile of darus
Thanks. For your reponse Alan. I'll buyEvery soon.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4929 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I would perform it as a paranormal event but not going into the EVP or background of EVP. that's just me, if you do use the background, I'm sure its fantastic.
We all have different life experiences. I would probably say it was the ghost of my little brother. That he loved to play with tape recorders when he was a kid before he died and that's how we have communicated before.
But, that's true, so anyway, whatever works for you.
James

Quote:
On Mar 29, 2015, PRINCE wrote:
Really? I don't get why anyone would want to perform this as a trick? What's the point? So when the spec asks about this on how the voice is on there when no one ever heard it, you wouldn't want to claim this as paranormal - just a trick? That's the whole point of this trick is the make believe that's it's an actual real EVP - as this in the field is exactly what happens when you catch a real EVP - looks and sounds exactly the same. This effect is too strong to just play it off as a trick. The perfect example on the way this should be performed is the example ace face described - not to be performed as just another trick amongst your set.

Being an actual paranormal investigator evps are very real and not just a case of trying to make voices/words from white noise (because you can clearly hear the voices and responses). Believe what you want but until you conduct a real investigation using real equipment then you will see how real evps are, especially when interacting and getting intelligent responses.

The point is that evps are familiar and 'real' to the spectator so you have to or more should want to give a background on what evps are before leading into this. Step out of the magic performance and anyone into mentalism, bizarre etc will tell you the way to make this believable is that there has to be a plot and logic why something happens. The logic behind why the voice is on the phone is because you have just captured a 'real' EVP. SO if they look into the history of EVP etc they will know what they witnessed and experienced is 'real' because it's already out there and used as a technique when doing a real investigation as evidence. And that's why performing this needs a build up and an explanation - if you want to pass what has happened as real - and not a trick
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
704 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Can this be performed while taking a video if people don't have a voice recorder on their phone.

Carl
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2015, carlwag wrote:
Can this be performed while taking a video if people don't have a voice recorder on their phone.

Carl

I think that a phone that doesn't have a voice recorder will hardly have a video camara Smile
I shall see you on the other side.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
My 2 cents ...
If you are going to play this as a 'REAL' EVP, do not overkill with several responses !
People that are watching these "Ghost Hunting" shows, never see where several words are recorded. (K.I.S.S.)

Also, never refer to it as EVP's ... it is (EVP) for those in the know.

@Alan, can you have a few participants have out their smart phones ?
Will, it be recorded on all ?
Why, I ask ... it would be nice if a reply was only recorded to one or two smart phones, but not to all.
That, would also add more for the participants to compare how some recorded and some did not.
Adding to the Paranormal ! Smile

Thanks, in advance !

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Agree with Godzilla, call out about three questions and on the 3rd question you get the response again adding to the build up which again makes it more believable). you can and do refer it to EVP's if you are referring to the phenomenon more than one being caught, or if it's just one caught or you are referring to just one then it's just EVP but yes in the field I and other investigators refer to evps because you may have caught more than one on the investigation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..14..18..22..26..30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL