The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..15..19..23..27..30~31~32 [Next]
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Prince, respectfully ... EVP is used in the singular and plural.
But, to each their own. Smile

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Smile Yes that's right and if you manage to catch more than one 'voice' using this, then you have caught EVP's. However if I was to perform this, I would prefer to catch just an EVP.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1081 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Fantastic companion effect for this is Andrew maybe,Ghost vision
Borrowed phone as well.
Pairing these two together would be pretty sweet IMO.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3539
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1081 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Fantastic companion effect for this is Andrew mayne,Ghost vision
Borrowed phone as well.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Yes sir that would be great
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Phenomenon, phenomena
Singular, then plural.
James

Quote:
On Mar 29, 2015, PRINCE wrote:
:) Yes that's right and if you manage to catch more than one 'voice' using this, then you have caught EVP's. However if I was to perform this, I would prefer to catch just an EVP.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Magicboy!
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Magicboy!
This looks amazing, can't wait to get it.
Magicboy!
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Magicboy!
Prince- I really think your over thinking this mate lol not everyone is a investigator like your self, You can describe what an EVP is without saying the words "EVP" I'm sure you can make up some bullcrap up as that is what magicians do in every performance. I think your wrong about everyone thinks your doing "tricks" because your a magician for instance you would never perform a coin bend as a "trick" when you do it right the audience believes you bent that coin through some kind of paranormal activity or mind power or how ever you present it. I'm positive that any good performer can make this into something incredible, you just need an imagination first.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Actually, all that is required for this or any other 'magic' to work, is the willing suspension of disbelief on the part of the audience.

It would be wrong of me to fuel an argument on the immorality, or delusional tendencies, of those charlatans and fools who claim any kind of evidence for so-called EVP. Not wishing to engage with either kind of individual, and never having been one to indulge in apophasis, I will remain silent on the subject, and nobody will ever know my views on such base, exploitative chicanery.

As a piece of theatre, however, this looks admirable.
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3042 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2015, tomsk192 wrote:
It would be wrong of me to fuel an argument on the immorality, or delusional tendencies, of those charlatans and fools who claim any kind of evidence for so-called EVP. Not wishing to engage with either kind of individual, and never having been one to indulge in apophasis, I will remain silent on the subject, and nobody will ever know my views on such base, exploitative chicanery.

Most entertaining thing I've read all day!
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Ta Smile

But the day is still young.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
@Alan, can you have a few participants have out their smart phones ?
Will, it be recorded on all ?
Why, I ask ... it would be nice if a reply was only recorded to one or two smart phones, but not to all.
That, would also add more for the participants to compare how some recorded and some did not.
Adding to the Paranormal ! Smile

Thanks, in advance !

[/quote]

Yo, Alan ?

@ James, Phenomenon or Phenomena : www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_tupPBtWQ Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2015, Steve Haynes wrote:
Fantastic companion effect for this is Andrew mayne,Ghost vision
Borrowed phone as well.

IT would... however in my experience I use to use Ghost vision ALL the time and loved it. But with every new phone that I had the camera was becoming too good. I now have the note 4 from Samsung and I can no longer use Ghost Vision. Now back to EVP I don't think it was asked but does it require a lot of pocket management? I wear jeans and shirts just like the demo and prank videos but I also carry some cards coins etc.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
There is not allot of additional pocket space needed
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK then I'm in... next thing I'm waiting on is release and ship date. I'm at this location till April 27 then I'm back states side. Not sure to wait or order..
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
It releases in the 1st .
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
I won't mention Tom's apophasis, it's not relevant here.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Oh dear - here we go...
@Xiqual - Electronic Voice Phenomena - if you catch one voice on the recording it is a phenomena if you catch two seperate voices then this become two so you have two seperate phenomena's - hence you caych EVP's (because you could catch more then one during an investigation, if you only catch one then its just an EVP but nmore than one you have could EVP's)

@Magicboy! - In a way its irrelevant than I'm an investigator, as all I'm doing is bring my expertise in what EVP's are in relation to what this is. Its up to you how you descibe what you are presenting - but the fact is what you are capturing is apparently an EVP - hense the name. So it really should have the logic in explaining what you are doing and hopinf to catch. As if you ever caught a real EVP during an investigation then this is the technique you carry out to catch it. If you honestly think that after your set of card tricks etc you then do your coin bend and you really think they will think you used a certain power to acheieve the bend, then I'm sorry to say your wrong. They know your a magician who performs 'tricks' made to look like magic if there was such a thing. So by trying to buy into you believing they will think anything other than what you did was just a clever trick, then I'm sorry to say you are fooling yourself. As soon as your perception for them is of you being a magician - nothing you do will convince them otherwise - as you mearly did it via trickey.

@tomsk192 - will be beack with this - cant wait Smile
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
The plural of phenomenon IS phenomena.
One phenomenon
Two phenomena

There is no word in the English language "phenomenas"
James

Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, PRINCE wrote:
Oh dear - here we go...
@Xiqual - Electronic Voice Phenomena - if you catch one voice on the recording it is a phenomena if you catch two seperate voices then this become two so you have two seperate phenomena's - hence you caych EVP's (because you could catch more then one during an investigation, if you only catch one then its just an EVP but nmore than one you have could EVP's)

@Magicboy! - In a way its irrelevant than I'm an investigator, as all I'm doing is bring my expertise in what EVP's are in relation to what this is. Its up to you how you descibe what you are presenting - but the fact is what you are capturing is apparently an EVP - hense the name. So it really should have the logic in explaining what you are doing and hopinf to catch. As if you ever caught a real EVP during an investigation then this is the technique you carry out to catch it. If you honestly think that after your set of card tricks etc you then do your coin bend and you really think they will think you used a certain power to acheieve the bend, then I'm sorry to say your wrong. They know your a magician who performs 'tricks' made to look like magic if there was such a thing. So by trying to buy into you believing they will think anything other than what you did was just a clever trick, then I'm sorry to say you are fooling yourself. As soon as your perception for them is of you being a magician - nothing you do will convince them otherwise - as you mearly did it via trickey.

@tomsk192 - will be beack with this - cant wait Smile
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, cupsandballsmagic wrote:
I won't mention Tom's apophasis, it's not relevant here.

;-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..15..19..23..27..30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL