The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10..15..20..25..30~31~32 [Next]
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
The effect of creating or recording noises from spirits pre dates all of use sadly. This is just my method for it. Feel free to pm me if you would like to discuss it further

Limitations was a question asked. You need to be able to make a voice recording so if you are in a very noisy environment you will have issues. But out with that, as long as you like to perform clothed you should be ok.

One question I have been getting over and over is " Do I need to wear sleeves?" Thankfully the answer is now. Really you could do it naked if you have control over your environment bit id question where you are performing if you are naked if you know what I mean
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1886 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Alan, the other questions I had is how many different responses can you do and will you be able to play back in different order? Thanks.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
As many as you want to set up really and you and switch orders etc
Casey Sparrow
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Casey Sparrow
Looks Amazing! only problem would be if the message was a one time only play. hopefully they can take the message as a souvenir "evidence" type thing ... also noticed that on the play back the sound waves were jumping at all recoded sound except the "answers"
Still looks amazing though..

CS
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
The messages is actually recorded on the spectators phone so yes They get to keep it. How the wave from looks will depend on the voice recording app you have and ambient noise etc.
CesaralM
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of CesaralM
Alan,

As you know, inventing a new effect done with very special coditions is difficult.

May be you are not using the same method that I use (I have to check this), but what is a fact is that you copied 100% the effect that I released 3 years ago with my Cesaral Spirit Sounds. I don´t think that this is fair.

Cesar Alonso (Cesaral Magic)
www.cesaral.com
Amrit
View Profile
New user
UK
84 Posts

Profile of Amrit
Pre-ordered this as I can see using this a quite a bit. I will admit I have some reservations on this given the price (I brought Ringtone and, only my personal opinion, but it didn't work for me) but this does look amazing and can't wait to give it a try.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Cesar I have just pmed you to try and find out what your claiming originality to mate. Could you clarify that for me? I do not mind if you do it in pm or here.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Amrit. I am sure you will like it. A nice addition is the ability to load information in real time to the spectators device. The Ghosts can tell them what the are wearing, holding doing etc. Some performances may need a little more work but its all very easy to do.
CesaralM
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of CesaralM
Alan, indeed you copied my routine as well as the text that I used to describe it in web site.

You copied my original effect and I hope that the magic community will respond to this kind of actions properly.

The original idea of inserting a message in a spectator’s mobile phone is from Cesaral Magic, and should be respected and not copied without permission. Maybe your are using another method, but the effect using the audience member's phone is mine.

I have got several private messages helping my decision of letting everybody know my thoughts in this thread.

Cesar alonso (Cesaral Magic)
www.cesaral.com
Jason Brumbalow
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Jason Brumbalow
Hi Cesar! Thank you for voicing your concerns. As the producer of EVP, I have no creative control over EVP, however in researching similar effects, it was deemed by our team that Alan had created something new in the market in terms of methodology.

However, if you feel he copied your work, I'm interested in vetting out where the overlap is.

Just want to make sure that we're identifying the 3 main points:

1) Plot

2) Method

3) Presentation

Plot - Spirit speaking predates any of us. Not sure that either part can claim originality there. If we're talking about putting a sound onto a phone, EVP can put a sound on any recording device, tablet, MP3 Player, IPad, phone, so it is not restricted to phones. How many plots have been recreated in the past 200 years of magic? Oil & Waters, levitations, ACR's, Triumphs... the list is exhaustive. Seems the very essence of the history of magic publication is rooted in evolving a magic plot line to make it more relevant, practical, effective, etc. EVP is just an evolution of a long standing plot that has been done far before EVP or Spirit Sounds. How many times has the bill change plot been done?

Method - I'm familiar with Spirit Sounds and EVP is completely different in design, construction, and execution.

Presentation - Again, both presentations deal with asking spirits questions and again, predates this issue. Moreover, the handlings are vastly different. EVP is incredibly mobile, happens in the hands, doesn't require extra props and can be used in many different ways (that are taught in the instructions).

Can you help us understand what you feel Alan copied directly?

Thank you for your time and concern!
Jason Brumbalow

Director of Product Development, Murphy's Magic

jasonb[at]murphysmagic.com
CesaralM
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of CesaralM
Jason,

1) Plot. The Cesaral Spirit Sounds also works with recording devices such as MP3 players, hand held recorders, tablets, etc.

2) Method. Both use different methods. In my method the magician does not need to be close to the spectators mobile phone. In EVP the magician is close (too close I would say) to the recording device...

What advantages has the other one that would justify its release?

3) Presentation.....My effect description has been copied, just read...what you are putting in the "presentation" section should be in the "method" section. Even a 5 years old boy would notice this.

Cesar Alonso (Cesaral Magic)
www.cesaral.com
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
As an actual real paranormal investigator myself, as you can imagine this to me is quite interesting. Over the years and continue to, I have caught many real and genuine EVP's. When listening to play back of my audio recordings via such programms as audacity etc, you will get spikes at intervals of sound being recorded. If for example in a quiet room and when during play back, can you see the spike on the wave band of the borrowed phone at point the EVP is caught?
Thanks
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Prince. Iyiu need to be aware of the ambient noise in the room but it is easy to catch wave peeks using evp. Hope this helps.
CesaralM
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of CesaralM
By the way....Murphy's Magic Supplies should really take care of the creators....But it seems that this is not a priority for them.

Cesar alonso (Cesaral Magic)
www.cesaral.com
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
So if I understand this right I could force a card to the spectator and have the "GHOST" reveal that card?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
If that's the presentations n you want to use. I prefer to use it as a standard evp recording. But if you wanted to have a card be revealed you could and you would would not need to force the card!
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5107 Posts

Profile of Amirá
EVP is a phenomena outside the creative realms of magicians.
Magicians make it a "plot". If both methods are different, I don't see the problem with Alan´s release. Sure, they could add references to Cesaral´s previous work, but any different method can add something new to the options available for performance.

No one is owner of a "plot". In that case nothing can be released as original.

Go on Alan, all the best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Oh yeah Alan Im just thinking of a lot of different presentations with this. That was my first thought was all. Did you just say no force needed! What!!! That warps my mind a bit I must say!
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Yeah you could reveal anything with no force needed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10..15..20..25..30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL