The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (145 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..17..20..23..26..29..30~31~32 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Order placed. Been a long while since I've ordered anything lagic related with out further review... however the prank video made me feel like it is very much in my type of style. Review to come..
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Excellent - some more genius comments. I know it was april fools yesterday and surely people cant be this way inclined with the thoughts on this effect, and other comments.

@Zuke I literally had to ready your post 3 times to see if I was reading it right - laughing all the way so thank you for making me Easter Smilethe best was you comparing this effect to watching a horror film - genius! I honestly cant believe you even tried to use this as a comparison. Yes they like to watch but at the end and before the film even starts, they know its not REAL or TRUE. The reason you are perfoming this is because you want them to believe it is REAL or TRUE. However you unfortunately fall into the bracket of one of these that will be doing your ambitious card then pull this out. Oh by the way don't forget to say before you perform this that you are a magician and what you are about to see is not real or true just a trick. So it may look good and convincing, but just a trick. If you don't know what I mean its a bit like watching a horror film, everyone in it are actors etc etc - LOL excellent Smile

Science is based aorund EVP as scienitists 'try' to come up with an answer on how EVP is possible. that's why the whole theory of well its all in the white noise and just paradoilia as Sean said. that's the only conclusion they can come to. BUT that's not the case unless the EVP is a lower class - excuse the lingo Smile EVP's are ranked by different classes. Where as most investigators only really or should want class A or B anything lower and can depend on then what it is that is being picked up. But as for voices - then class A is what we want (like the examples in the vid etc these are class A)

Clearly you have no idea of what scientists do - as they don't go looking for 'ghost voices' as they don't believe - so why would they (loved that comment). Also and appreciate you havnt got a clue about the paranormal and the way it moves in mysterious ways yet you come on here and talk about it if you know Smile but its like fishing sometimes you get a bite and sometimes you don't that's the way it is - why I don't know. Maybe you can tell me Smile

@Sean Giles since you looking last year you obliviously are not looking hard enough or the correct places (not that you should have to) but EVP's 9/10 times are recorded with voice recorders. Depending on the recorders and the quality etc, then when replaying the audio you should not hardly be able to listen to any ambient sound in the background. If you have been listening to recording with a lot of background fuzz then no good. There is a lot of crap on youtube but again if interested search some EVPs (who knows you may even come across some of mine) Smile but that's where paradoilia comes into it and bad examples are of EVP's supposedly caught. But yes just paradoilia as the odd something noise could be anything and people try to interpret them into EVPs' The best bad example of this was when Derren Brown did his T.V episode investigating with an investigator etc etc the guy (investigator)was a joke and made us investigators a laughing stock by showing some of his 'evidence' lol now that was paradoilia! Very cringe worthy

@Xiqual nice one Smile
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Sean the trailer is All accomplice free.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
You might be a bit more credible if you discussed your subject in an adult manner without resorting to childishness. I looked at the best evidence that researchers like yourself publish and found it severely lacking. Just post your audio of a question being answered by EVP if you're that confident. And don't tell us what it says beforehand.

To me (and science in general) EVP is the same phenomena as reversed speech and Paradoilia is exactly what it is.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Yeah I should be the bigger person and respond in a 'normal' manner but when you get people going down the childish route with comments then sometimes you have to join them I guess. My post addressed to you Sean was not a criticism or having a go. All I'm saying there are many many class A EVP's out there but also a lot of crap. Class A you would not need interpretation to what the voice is saying. Even if I posted something my haters will just say I set it up and faked it, so I would never win regardless. Paradolia is not EVP as this means there must be lots of sound (ambient, electrical etc) in the background of the recording then you just interpret these sounds to try and create a voice or words.

If someone did Alan's effect on you, you played it and the recording on the phone was very quiet after you asked the question, (ambient sound) then the EVP came through as clear and loud as the voice is, would you say this was paradolia?
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Alan just received this,do I have to have a Mac to get the files on my iPhone ???? Coz I ain't got one I don't even have a computer just a ipad
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
PRINCE,
Scientists don't disbelieve. They don't care. They analyse data and try to reproduce phenomena under lab conditions.
There is no science to EVP except that it's a phenomena that cannot be explained. It "seems" that paredolia is the explanation, but who knows? I don't know if its ghosts or paredolia.
i don't believe in ghosts personally, but I cannot say they don't exist. I have no idea actually. You cannot say, however, there is a science to EVP. It has nothing scientific about it. Except the levels its recoded at, the equipment it uses and so forth. The sounds that are recorded are outside the realm of science, therefore psuedoscience. that's ok though, psychology is also a psuedoscience. That does not prove or disprove that EVP are ghosts.
James

Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, PRINCE wrote:

Science is based aorund EVP as scienitists 'try' to come up with an answer on how EVP is possible. that's why the whole theory of well its all in the white noise and just paradoilia as Sean said. that's the only conclusion they can come to. BUT that's not the case unless the EVP is a lower class - excuse the lingo Smile EVP's are ranked by different classes. Where as most investigators only really or should want class A or B anything lower and can depend on then what it is that is being picked up. But as for voices - then class A is what we want (like the examples in the vid etc these are class A)

Clearly you have no idea of what scientists do - as they don't go looking for 'ghost voices' as they don't believe - so why would they (loved that comment). Also and appreciate you havnt got a clue about the paranormal and the way it moves in mysterious ways yet you come on here and talk about it if you know Smile but its like fishing sometimes you get a bite and sometimes you don't that's the way it is - why I don't know. Maybe you can tell me Smile

@Xiqual nice one Smile
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Mac? Alan brother might have to pm those who have pre-ordered if this will be an issue. I ordered last night and I have a windows laptop but no mac and and Samsung note 4.
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
It does give you to the option to use a windows pc if you have android
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
You can use windows just fine. It's the exact same way you would add music to ur phone.
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Hi Alan

Thanks for your reply. What about if I don't own a pc which I don't and I don't have easy access to one is this going to make it difficult for me. I have a iPhone and iPad only
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
I'm considerig getting this soon, I too have only an iPad and iphone
Thanks
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Let me Arrange a download for you then
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Thanks Alan , do you have to be really tech savvy to be able to use it?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Not at all sir. It super easy
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Alan, appreciate the quick response. Thread was starting to stray from the topic a bit. either way mine hopefully ships today and gets to me in a week or so(DEPLOYED) will post my thoughts once it arrives.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Ready to hit the buy button but still not convinced I will be able to choose which answer to play at the time I choose.
Example, if I have 5 responses recorded, will I be able to play back in 1,2,3,4,5 order then immediately after play back in 3,2,5,1,4 order?

Thanks.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, Alan Rorrison wrote:
Sean the trailer is All accomplice free.

Thanks for the answer mate. Sounds like a winner.
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
I received my unit today and I must say the packaging and the equipment is first class....the only downside for me is I do not own a computer I only have a iPhone and iPad so setting this up and customising it is going to be extremely difficult, Alan did mention he can arrange a download which is great but without access to a pic I'm not going to have the freedom to customise this for different performances, also I'm not too keen on having to wear a hook up whenever you want to use this, I was under the impression this was something you could just keep in your pocket and use at a moments notice...theoretically it is but you need to wear a hook up to enable you to perform it. So you need to know when your going to be performing it. Also I purchased this to use in my place of work,I am a caretaker in a 400 year old mansion which has many ghost stories attached to it so for me this was a must buy but unfortunately I don't think it's going to work for me because the places I wianted to use this are going to be totally silent so the chances of being found out are really high I think you need some background noise to cover the move...for me if this envolved no hook up and you did not have to have a pc this would be a killer effect.....I shall be returning mine to the dealer I purchased from but only because I'm not going to have the ability to customise it the way I want...if you own a pc or Mac and you don't mind wearing a hook up to perform then in the right place this will fry your spectators. This is a great piece of kit Alan it's just ashame there was no mention of owning a pc or Mac in the advertisements.....these are just my honest thoughts if I'm incorrect then please feel free to correct me.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Is this hookup really necessary?
Why do you talk about noise ?
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (145 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..17..20..23..26..29..30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL