The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..19..22..25..28..30~31~32 [Next]
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
302 Posts

Profile of ManchurianMan83
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Communicating with lost family members over an iPhone? They deserve to be scammed if they believe that. Smile

lol true!
Although, That wasn't really what I was saying though!

I was simply making my opinion that 'ghost' claims aren't themselves 'unethical' it's how you treat your spectator in regards to the 'spirit world'.
The moment you cross personal boundaries, especially if money is exchanged then I'd agree an ethics issue.
Otherwise it's harmless entertainment.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I guess we'll just have to wait for Alan to clear up the remaining issues/questions.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
685 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Paisa-23- Sorry I got a little off-topic before- just ordered it now, I can't wait to get this and like you asked before- I would also like to hear what people who may already have this thinks. From the way it looks there's so much you could do with this- how about forcing a card (or cards) and have someone "from the other side" reveal the card or cards? Or, can you time the evp to "speak" at the exact moment you want? You could count to 10 and leave a number out (lets say you leave out #7), and you could count slowly "1...2....3...4...5....6....(pause here and say nothing for a second or two), then continue.......8....9...10. Then when you play it back, the voice or spirit, ghost or whoever says "7" right on cue between the 6 and the 8. Could something like that be done?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I like the thought of card reveal. But only if it comes from a spirit that was behind the spec and saw the card when they looked at it..
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
This thread just keeps getting better ! LOL

Now, It sounds like you need a little cover nose, when device is activated ...
Because, it "Talks" too ?
When device is activated, could that sound also be recorded to participants phone with the EVP ?

I would want to trigger this, when in silence(as much as possible) while I ask the questions !

@ Alan, I do like the concept !

@ Prince , I do understand the points you have been trying to make. But, still do not agree with the use EVP's. Smile
I would play this as Paranormal, and not as a trick ! IMHO
But, again this is a Magic Forum.

I could see in a very dark seance setting, a EVP is recorded,one of the participants would also feel a touch of sorts afterwards.
If, the activating does not make device "Talk".

Need to hear more reviews on this, issue !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Are there others reviews?
The noise issue seems too strange.
I suppose alan did a lot of testing with this device also in silent rooms.
Because silent places are the right one for doing an evp experiment.
If with these conditions are not allowed I see a big issue trying to cover the noise .
Perhaps it can be a misunderstanding in the correct use of the device?
Pls alan try to mKe clear these points
Mark Smile
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
What remains need my issues do I neeec to clear up? .. For the people who do not have PCs or macs I'm in the middle of unaffected my a full sounder library you can download directly. Always eager to help. There are no real noise issues. We go over noise and evirmont on the explanation... For people who have no pc I'm also looking into making a phone app that will do the job for you
gtesoro
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of gtesoro
Hey Guys!

George Here from Murphys Magic. We've heard your concerns about people not owning PC or Mac systems. Rest assured, EVP can be performed without owning a PC or a Mac computer - a smartphone, however is still required as the ad copy points out. There really are dozens of ways to achieve this, and we have some simple solutions for those that fit into this category, no additional purchases necessary. We will be updating the instructional videos to include this walkthrough over the next few days. Thanks all for your patience.

We had an amazing time filming the trailer for this one. Alan really did come up with something killer here.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
The gimmick/hookup questions need to be answered - unless I missed it.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Abe Lincoln used Apple products for sure.
James

Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Communicating with lost family members over an iPhone? They deserve to be scammed if they believe that. Smile
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Casey Sparrow
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Casey Sparrow
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, nattefrost wrote:
This may have been asked already and apologize if it has but is the gimmick similar to the "Ringtone" gimmick by (I could be off here) Adam Grace?

I hope not!!

CS
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Ima y hook up questions have been answered in the thread I'm sure but just to clear things up. There a a small comfertable hook up that dosnt requires sleeves. I do need a shirt though. No it's not ringtone by Adam grace.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Alan thanks for you reply.you guarantee there is no audible low voice from the device.
I can do it in a silent room without any fear of covering .
Is this right? Smile
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
496 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
I don't have this particular EVP device but I do know about electronics and I can assure you there are ways for inaudible frequencies that can be picked up by recording devices and then converted into actual sounds. The only thing that a spectator would hear would be ambient noise which is present in even the most silent rooms. Fans, vents, wind, background conversation and many other things can be considered ambient noise.

There have been seances performed for many years where the guests bring recording devices such as cassette recorders and the ghostly audio is never heard until the cassettes are played back. What Alan has created is a modern day method to achieve this effect on a spectators cell phone. And I think it is a fantastic idea.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
Casey Sparrow
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Casey Sparrow
Cant wait to get my hands on this!

CS
MediocreMagician
View Profile
New user
Australia
35 Posts

Profile of MediocreMagician
It's great that you bring up seance recordings and it's something well worth keeping in mind. The timed misdirection in asking a number of questions, perhaps choosing to only answer a few and playing the recording back once everything is done would work well in helping to conceal the method. A few early misses might even enhance things by lowering their guard and expectations before hitting them with the knock out blow. I'll have to go back and watch a few horror classics for some ideas but the lines in the trailer like telling them to leave now or trying to contact the owner of the phone are chilling. Look forward to hearing some more from those who have it already and have been able to test it out in different situations.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Once set correctly there is no audible noise in the room. Others wise we would have a terrible trick lol
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thanks for clearing some things up buddy.
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
883 Posts

Profile of David Klass
This allows you to "harvest voices from the other side".

And what do people ask?

Can they use it to predict a playing card ??
Lol!!!!!!
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Thanks alan for your honest explanation Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..19..22..25..28..30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL