The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (145 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..30~31~32 [Next]
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of 13
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2015, Godzilla wrote:

Can, I use honk noises ?
That would be so cool, I could ask if my departed Uncle Crusty is here with us ?
There could be a Honk,Honk EVP.
Then, I can reply " I know the sound of my Uncle's nose, anywhere!

HAHAHA ... So Funny. I LOVE THIS IDEA Smile
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
To answer the questions. Yes the noises are always on the recording, they keep it. No there are not batteries in the unit to change and treated right it will last a life time.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
The do all and end all is that it's called evp. It's a harsh day when the name is the factor.

As I said befor, I csn goigle any brief discriotion for any trick and fine out where to buy it.. If that's ur concern, you going magic incorrectly
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Geez, still not sinking in!!!!!! Yes because you have performed a trick as a magician so doesn't really matter if they find it because they knew it was a trick all along - how would you feel WHEN they find this (because they will) then realise all that bull and build up claiming this to be real - is just a trick - that's the difference!!!
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
You can't read can Ya, I've said I use this as a trick. I don't lie to people and tell them evp is real
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
249 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Dear Mr. PRINCE, please have no more fear
You've made your opinion quite clear
So whether trick or some schtick
Stop laying it on thick
More reviews is what we'd revere
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Wha????????? So you would present this as a trick!? What's the point? Now I really am intrigued 😧
magicgerry06
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
132 Posts

Profile of magicgerry06
It's not a "trick", it's real. Check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritism
A.K

PS: It's not me who posted this reply (-:
Gerard ZITTA
http://www.untouchedmagic.com
"If Magic be the food of love, play on..."
YesManQ8
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of YesManQ8
@Prince I think magic is meant for entertaining people and presenting to them an enjoyable performance not lie to them and deceive them. Why would you do that? it's unethical.
For example when magicians do the nail into hand trick, every sane person knows it's a trick but the amazing factor is that they don't know how he did it which makes the experience enjoyable and fun.
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Ok this so silly. In all the years Ive done magic Ive never had anyone come up to me oh I googled that trick you did to me....come one now...
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
And still... This keeps getting better and better - the reason people don't google TRICKS is because they don't need to - because there is no curiosity if it was a trick or real - they already know it's a trick HOWEVER by presenting this to them not presenting it as a TRICK (which is not what this was invented for, it was invented to present something 'apparently' real - just watch the trailers lol. Soooo people are now on the fence thinking is this a trick or is this perhaps real (because EVP's already are known and used as a real technique when paranormal investigating) so the realism IS already there - and this is the hook to making this half way there to believable. All you need to do is produce the evidence, and the evidence is an impossible evp you have caught on their phone! So even as good as this would look you WILL get the curious/more so sceptical spectators discuss it after (which they will when they keep replaying it, and playing it for other people etc etc. There is a very strong possibility that someone will say "yeah but you think it could be a trick of some kind?" So the curiosity and discussion will lead to searching and researching on more info of what EVP's are (if real according to them) and by just typing evp phone trick - 1st page, 1st result. Mystery solved 👍
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Again.. If I google any trick description I can find it on google! Are you hurt hurt as you wanted to lie to people with this and make them think that you really can talk to none Exscistant ghosts and this will himber you in your eyes?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18248 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I think what is trying to be said is this...

EVP is a "real" thing, as in, there are people out there who genuinely believe it is an absolutely real thing...

if you perform this, regardless of whether you do tricks, magic, or whatever else - those devout believers will probably dismiss your explanation of "well, I'm a trick..i'm a magician...follow the logical conclusion" - as cover...

and they will continue to believe in EVP on their own terms and version of reality...

i think though, our duty of care ends at "i am here as the entertainment" - and anything else is up to the individual...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21922834

and I think the secondary concern was that people will think of it as a trick if you associate your trick with a well known term/phrase such as EVP...for some purchasers that's a positive, for others, a negative...
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I get that mate. All good ethical points I took on board while naming this. Im just tryingb to figure it why he's so annoyed
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
I honestly love the way this is and going, I'm not annoyed about anything just so amused about the way this has gone and the whole concept about what is put out to the way it will get performed. Please don't tell me you or anyone would play this as a trick? So that at the end your spec realise it's a trick. The whole purpose of you inventing this is for people to be freaked out to think it is real that they have caught a 'real' evp - that's the whole point of this effect. If you want to play it as a trick just come out and do a really cool effect by not talking yet it catches your voice on a recorder. That would be quite an impressive trick - then let them try and work out how you did it.

Or you present it initially as you intended it to be presented and conduct a real time evp experiment in hoping to catch a spirits voice on there recorder - providing evidence or paranormal - because this is the effect you want and are hoping for - not performing a magic trick.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Oh so you think this gimmick can only do evp style effects.. Makes sense now. Just to confirm. I ALWAYS say it is just a trick. I always have
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18248 Posts

Profile of IAIN
And it doesn't have to be EVP...as soon as I saw it, I thought it would much more fun to say "hey...psst...guess what? I never did grow out of having an invisible friend as a kid...he's still here...he helps me out..."

then its a stupid running joke that you can use when you want to, and even prove it at the end with this trick...
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Or you can do what I do and have the spectator phone a friend and have there friend reveal the I formation you like. I have no real Interest in pretending to really talk to ghosts. I don't belive in them and have a very pad opinion in people who claim they do so. Even when I do a ghost presentation I state clear it is just a trick. I have no issues with that.
drstevemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Addicted to For Sale Forum so only have
249 Posts

Profile of drstevemagic
Alright, alright already! I'd really like to pick this up but just need a few more reviews and personal experiences before spending $100.

Anyone?
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
952 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Drstevemagic- I saw and played around with EVP this weekend. I like it a lot. I bought one. Everything pretty much lives up to Alans description. I saw my bud do this in three different environment: somewhat noisy, to a few people to a dead silent with almost no ambient noise. I think many will use this. Pretty cool device, I like what I saw. I'll be using this.
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (145 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL