The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..29~30~31~32 [Next]
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Arh, Konstantins Raudive I remember back in my days when I was an associate for the society for pychical research I read up on EVP and made a few tape recordings,interesting stuff for sure, I do tend to beleive you can imagine you are heating voices as sitting in a dark room you can convince yourself of a presence,scare yourself.So I am a little more skeptical these day's.
Crotalidae75
View Profile
New user
Carmichael, CA
13 Posts

Profile of Crotalidae75
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2015, Fire Starter wrote:
Arh, Konstantins Raudive I remember back in my days when I was an associate for the society for pychical research I read up on EVP and made a few tape recordings,interesting stuff for sure, I do tend to beleive you can imagine you are heating voices as sitting in a dark room you can convince yourself of a presence,scare yourself.So I am a little more skeptical these day's.

We should always be skeptical, but yet, not too skeptical. I think one must be careful not to go from being carefully skeptical to simply dismissive. I think an agnostic sort of approach works best for these sorts of things. Personally, I wish more serious, well-funded research would be done on things of this nature.

Of course, many such purported phenomena appear to be very difficult to study -- assuming they exist at all.

I suppose the best example would be the whole UFO phenemonon.

In fact, today is "World UFO Day".

(I tried to find a little UFO emoticon below, but there isn't one, apparently.)
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown” -- H.P. Lovecraft
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2015, Crotalidae75 wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2015, Brad Jeffers wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2015, Crotalidae75 wrote
Just a word of warning about EVP ...

Crotalidae75,
I think your observations about EVP might find a better reception HERE.

*sighs* I just knew I'd get this sort of response. My warning was sincere. Given the nebulous nature of the phenomenon, I'd still strongly advise caution when dealing with it.

There are too many reports of coherent, meaningful phrases being recorded for me to dismiss it as mere pareidolia. To be honest, I think a lot of it really is, but I think some of may not be. It might be a big mistake to assume that a given phenomenon has a single conventional explanation.

I would also strongly advise learning about the history of EVP -- and listen to both sides of the argument, for and against a paranormal origin. Above all else, keep an open mind regarding these things.

You could start by reading about Konstantins Raudive.

Brad isn't being snippy, but genuinely helpful IMO. If you want to discuss actual EVP then that is the place, not on a magic forum. We're just here for the card tricks and the hype.
tempmagician
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of tempmagician
Just had mine arrive and wanted to throw in some comments:

Generally, I'm impressed.

My BIG concern is that whilst most of the equipment is great, one part looks like something you'd get from a dollar store (the thing that normally goes in your ear). I can't see this lasting many performances or much travel. I have a feeling just taking it on/off is enough to do damage. Caution is advised on the dvd just when setting the thing up, but I really can't see this lasting and what happens when it breaks? Another $100 in cold blood to replace something that costs $2?

I'd love to have also seen some downloadable voices (perhaps of pro actors) that you can just grab and go! Maybe this is something that can be added to the learning section.

Quote:
On Apr 25, 2015, Alan Rorrison wrote:
As a smal heads up . This is the one I tend to use for iPhone. There are hundreds of them abd most will work perfectly with Evp

Voice Record Pro by Dayana Networks Ltd.
https://appsto.re/gb/d1KMG.i

Hi Alan,

What's wrong with the recording device on the iphone?
Daston
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Daston
Regarding using the pebble watch as a silent trigger for EVP, do you have to touch the buttons on the watch to play/pause the recording each time or can you do it with a wrist motion?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
If you use assistant+ on ur pebble you cna set up motions.
Tech Head Steve
View Profile
New user
Sussex, UK
60 Posts

Profile of Tech Head Steve
Just received this today & my two penneth...

WHAT A WASTE OF PACKAGING!!! The packaging is double the size needed, why do small things have to come in big boxed??? Grrr just send it in bubble wrap, save on packaging & postage costs...

Other than that, I'm loving the device, just finished the video and now gonna have a play.

Did Mr Rorrison mention somewhere in this thread that he was working on an app for this, has this happened?
Be excellent to each other, especially me.
JD_UK
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of JD_UK
Just read whole thread, was a right toughy to get to some actual reviews. I have learnt one thing though; there's some right fruit loops in this forum!
Cadabra
View Profile
New user
NYC
58 Posts

Profile of Cadabra
Magic websites may not show you the secret but Amazon does. Luckily laymen never go to or search Amazon.
"It has always amazed and baffled me that audiences will wait patiently in line and pay good money to have the wits scared out of them." - William Castle

www.albertcadabra.com
Tech Head Steve
View Profile
New user
Sussex, UK
60 Posts

Message to Alan Rorrison, I've FB messaged you twice, 16/09/16 & 29/09/16 re joining the FB group bu I never received a reply from you?
Also did anything happen with the app?
Tech Head Steve
View Profile
New user
Sussex, UK
60 Posts

Mr Rorrison. You accepted my facebook friend ages ago but you have ignored all 3 of my requests to join the facebook group re EVP which I have purchased.

Have I done something to offend you (as we have never spoken I don't see how?)

Please reply.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2978 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Well, regardless of whether you offended him before, safe money says you may have now... 🤔
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Tech Head Steve
View Profile
New user
Sussex, UK
60 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 23, 2017, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Well, regardless of whether you offended him before, safe money says you may have now... 🤔

Yeah well maybe now but very poor customer service. There's a FB page for people who have purchased EVP.
I have purchased & can prove.
I requested Alan Rorrisons FB friend which he accepted.
I then asked him 3 times politely if I could be added to the FB group.
He read each message (as facebook displays)
And ignored...

Feel I have a right to be disgruntled & shall but nothing more from this chap.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Tech Head Steve-He read the messages but did not reply?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7229 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2017, Tech Head Steve wrote:
Message to Alan Rorrison, I've FB messaged you twice, 16/09/16 & 29/09/16 re joining the FB group bu I never received a reply from you?

He’s only ever here when he’s selling something. Just like many other members, sadly.
MF Tom
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of MF Tom
Get EVP and save 25 usd only this week at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products......rorrison

Best,
Tom
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1414 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Where is the FB page?
I have had this since release and never knew there was one.
mayhem
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of mayhem
I didn't realize there was a FB page either. Looking through the forum feed, looks like you message Alan with a selfie of the product and he'll give access. I guess I'll try that and see what happens.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Not at all. I'm not selling anything just now and I'm here. I do tend to drop in and have a peek here daily and I'm only a pm away.

The Facebook group is there but I've not popped in to it in a while. I'm saddly a little busy with a 10 week old baby.

The app was there but I just didn't have time to update it however you do get Everything you need with the product. Enjoy it folks
Quote:
On Dec 25, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2017, Tech Head Steve wrote:

He’s only ever here when he’s selling something. Just like many other members, sadly.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2476 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Sorry you feel left out but as previously stated I've not been in or around the group in a while.

Feel free to pm me and I'll add u.

Quote:
On Dec 24, 2017, Tech Head Steve wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2017, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:

Yeah well maybe now but very poor customer service. There's a FB page for people who have purchased EVP.
I have purchased & can prove.
I requested Alan Rorrisons FB friend which he accepted.
I then asked him 3 times politely if I could be added to the FB group.
He read each message (as facebook displays)
And ignored...

Feel I have a right to be disgruntled & shall but nothing more from this chap.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Murphy's Magic Presents: EVP - Alan Rorrison (144 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..29~30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL