The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Funny things that have happened during a show (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicalnick
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magicalnick
Let's hear some funny stories or weird things that have happened when performing for children.

- I have a hard time remembering names and somewhat of a short term memory loss I suppose.. I had a school show today with about 120 kids at each show. There have been many times where I would bring up a helper and 15 minutes later call on the same helper to come up without even realizing that I picked the kid before. It's embarrassing and I have to play it off.

- Of course I always love when kids say or do the most unexpected things that can be used in your show in the future.. These are the best. I love playing off the little sayings. A lot of times I ask how old a kid is and they say "I am good" I get this a lot.

I will share more stories later as I have to run off to a birthday party soon.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
During one performance where I had the children snoring, one 4 year old jumps and said"mommy doesn't sleep with daddy anymore because he snores too loud."
The laughfs by the parents tells the story--his mother was red in the face.
Ricky
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
I'm waiting in the li8ving room for the father to call the children to come in there for the show, and I hear him say "And now, in the living room, free spankings for everybody!"

I used that line for at least 10 years from that day on.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
From another thread several years ago, this is the funniest thing I have EVER read on The Magic Café...

Quote:
On Aug 17, 2004, magicgeorge wrote:
During a show, yesterday, I managed to pull the tail off poor Rocky. I arrived nice and early for the next show and had the pleasure of being able to set-up in an empty living room. With a bit of time to spare I decided to see if I could temporarily attach the tail and found a small hole where the tail used to be and pushed my finger in to see if I could find somewhere to tie it on. As I was doing this the birthday boy's 11 year old brother popped his head around the door then disappeared again. I then heard him announce to the assembled 5 year olds outside the door:
"The magicians not ready yet cos he's sticking his finger up a dead badger's bum".......
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Funny things that have happened during a show (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL